timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
OGH would have been England captain if he had been a better player and captain

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Unlikely if he is moving back to Essex but he could manage an Essex club and we draw them in the FA Cup if they do well and reach the 3rd round, stranger things have happened.
Were that to happen I would be truly conflicted.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just messaged OGH via Facebook. Says he is having trouble logging in to NSC.

I asked him if it was true he was leaving Sussex for Essex...

"Not yet but I am soon. Need a new challenge now, and something to get me going again. So I'm not quitting football, just a different club..."

And sends the following message...

"I have read all the comments and feel so proud that I did not let them down though my time at the Albion. I had some of the best times of my life playing there. If I get a chance I will post on the wall myself. Thank you so much and hope I did enough to get on the legends wall at some point and that would be the icing on the cake. Up the Albion. Thanks OGH..."

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Feel lucky to call him a friend.

Remember driving him to JPT trophy semi away to Luton, we were both do gutted we were not going to Wembley. Also went to Southend & Brentford away games and we stood or sat with all the fans.

Funniest thing was my Mrs pointing out how doing a 9-5 maybe harder than a 10-12 kick about.

Friend, tenant, quasi son and favourite player. Top man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just messaged OGH via Facebook. Says he is having trouble logging in to NSC.

I asked him if it was true he was leaving Sussex for Essex...

"Not yet but I am soon. Need a new challenge now, and something to get me going again. So I'm not quitting football, just a different club..."

And sends the following message...

"I have read all the comments and feel so proud that I did not let them down though my time at the Albion. I had some of the best times of my life playing there. If I get a chance I will post on the wall myself. Thank you so much and hope I did enough to get on the legends wall at some point and that would be the icing on the cake. Up the Albion. Thanks OGH..."

He's also posted this,

Cant get on northstandchat to comment but if anyone from there is on my facebook I just want to say thank you so much for the pages of amazing comments I have read. Nice to know I did well for the club so thanks again.had some of the best times of my life playing for brighton and will never forget it..thanks everyone. .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
https://www.facebook.com/harty15/posts/10152212173516293?stream_ref=10

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 23.04.59.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kerry Mayo sat in H block at Withdean with the fans.
I remember seeing OGH during extra time at Luton, gutted, as he had said if it went to penalties we would lose.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My first ever game with just a mate (maybe my first ever game ever!) was his Testimonial. His song to this day remains my favourite song. The Great Escape.

Say what you will but Poyet didn't have to give him a send off at Withdean. I'm glad he did though!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It does anger me that Knight is up outside the Stadium and not OGH, about as big a club legend you can get in this day and age.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You see, here's what makes me think he should have a banner up on the wall at the Amex.

Not just for the many years of whole-hearted service. Not just the amazing value (how many players cost £1000 these days?). Not just for the goals, the promotion seasons, or the occasionally mental tackling. Not just for making more appearances for the Albion than all but four men.

But because you know it would really, really mean something to him to be there. Does Leon Knight give a shit whether his image is up on the wall? I doubt it. Would Gary? Hell yes, I reckon he'd be over the moon.

And I'd say he's earned it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You see, here's what makes me think he should have a banner up on the wall at the Amex.

Not just for the many years of whole-hearted service. Not just the amazing value (how many players cost £1000 these days?). Not just for the goals, the promotion seasons, or the occasionally mental tackling. Not just for making more appearances for the Albion than all but four men.

But because you know it would really, really mean something to him to be there. Does Leon Knight give a shit whether his image is up on the wall? I doubt it. Would Gary? Hell yes, I reckon he'd be over the moon.

And I'd say he's earned it.

Exactly my thoughts. It has been wrongly assumed as a wall of legends, but I do think it should be a wall of honour. Those that perhaps wouldn't stand a chance of competing with Lawrenson, Webb, Foster et al, but those that deserve a fitting tribute for their endeavour and those genuinely honoured to be remembered for their services.

I also think we should have permanent tributes dotted around the outside. We've got lots of ground space. Maybe an historical walk in time from the station to the stadium.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly my thoughts. It has been wrongly assumed as a wall of legends, but I do think it should be a wall of honour. Those that perhaps wouldn't stand a chance of competing with Lawrenson, Webb, Foster et al, but those that deserve a fitting tribute for their endeavour and those genuinely honoured to be remembered for their services.

I also think we should have permanent tributes dotted around the outside. We've got lots of ground space. Maybe an historical walk in time from the station to the stadium.

Paul Barber & Tony Bloom mentioned at the last fans forum that they are looking into making the exterior of the Amex a bit more...well...Albion. I know I've always felt (and this is one of very few complaints I have, if you can call it that) that it looks pretty corporate: very Amex branded, but not very Albion.

B&B said that was one of the things on Martin Perry's agenda, once he's sorted the training ground, and subject to any planning permission that changes to the exterior would require. I hope it happens. It's not a priority for them, I completely understand that, but it would be nice to make it more ours, and less Amex's.

This, squared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here