Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans United Video (possibly rare)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Great stuff. I remember it well. I feel I can raise my glass high and say with satisfaction, 'I was there'.

Two 2014 footnotes...

• After Richard Vaughan's inspired idea, it's why I want the opportunity to play Plymouth in the cup.

• On the 17th anniversary of Fans United - i.e. 8th February 2014, we're playing... Doncaster Rovers. Seems appropriate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can we put our hands on our hearts and say we Have we reciprocated the gesture to other clubs who have suffered similar ??

Ok we've supported Plymouth recently, but lots of clubs have gone tits up since that original fans utd day, and let's be honest, have we helped like they helped us ?

We can only help where it's asked for.

To that end, I can think of Plymouth, Doncaster, Chester, York (postponed - about 10 mins before I got there), Cambridge...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What an amazing magical day that was. Truly incredible.
In my 40+ years of being a fan of this club, I think this was my favourite day.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Thanks Hiney

Its called 'The Fans United - the story of the last years at the Goldstone, 1995-1997'

egy4a2yt.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What an amazing magical day that was. Truly incredible.
In my 40+ years of being a fan of this club, I think this was my favourite day.

It was the first true day of (a) realising we didn't have to fight this alone and (b) it gave us strength, on-pitch and off-pitch, to go on to bigger and better things.

Shame about the following day, mind.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Was that 'eye-patch day', TLO?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was that 'eye-patch day', TLO?

'Fraid so. Utter stitch-up by Archer, Bellotti and Meridian.

I recall Roy Chuter had to sit directly behind David and Jo Bellotti in the studio, and saying later that Jo had 'appalling dandruff' and that David stank a bit.

Her hair probably gave Robbie Fowler the idea for 'that' nasal goal celebration.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Total stitch up. I particularly remember the 'host'. Geoff someone?
So very one-sided.
Poor old Bill, though. Did very well going on there with a poorly eye.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Liz costa :facepalm:
regards
DR

Liz spoke knowledgeably and eloquently. I'm sure if you'd have been interviewed you'd have said something like, "Yeah it's well good innit?" or knowing how you keep up with current events it could have been, " 'Ere wot are all these scroats doing on my manor?"

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Its called 'The Fans United - the story of the last years at the Goldstone, 1995-1997'

egy4a2yt.jpg
That was mine which I posted on Youtube with links on here a few months ago. I'll dig out the post.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here