Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans United Video (possibly rare)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great memories, it was a cracking day out and the five goals scored day contributed to us staying up on goal difference.

I still have the document we issued as a press pack prior to the game.

Goals FOR. They changed the rules, for that single season, from GD. If it HAD been Goal Difference, we'd have gone out of the league!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great day and maybe we should remember this before we accuse clubs that helped us as being 'Noddy'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you sure?

All the league tables since the end of goal average, show goal difference, apart from the excellent experiment with goals scored in 96/97

That tallies with my recollection.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I found this footage I had taped off an obsure cable channel whilst clearing out some old VHS.

It has some interviews pre and post match, one of which includes the origins of the 'customers not fans' argument!

Hopefully it's of interest.

Brilliant.

I've got a DVD of loads of the reports over the two years leading up to the final game.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That's my wife at the start of the video. Chewing gum and waiting to get in to the north stand. She wasn't my wife then, but is now.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Can we put our hands on our hearts and say we Have we reciprocated the gesture to other clubs who have suffered similar ??

Ok we've supported Plymouth recently, but lots of clubs have gone tits up since that original fans utd day, and let's be honest, have we helped like they helped us ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant.

I've got a DVD of loads of the reports over the two years leading up to the final game.

There was a DVD made after the final game (I think) they went into the eclipse after the game and interviewed some fans (including my brother) I had a copy once but can't lost it. Any ideas what it was called?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There was a DVD made after the final game (I think) they went into the eclipse after the game and interviewed some fans (including my brother) I had a copy once but can't lost it. Any ideas what it was called?

I think it was just called 'Fans United'

I'll dig it out tomorrow and check.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Can we put our hands on our hearts and say we Have we reciprocated the gesture to other clubs who have suffered similar ??

Ok we've supported Plymouth recently, but lots of clubs have gone tits up since that original fans utd day, and let's be honest, have we helped like they helped us ?

A fair few of us went up to Wrexham in 2004

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for that. What a day that was.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
I found this footage I had taped off an obsure cable channel whilst clearing out some old VHS.

It has some interviews pre and post match, one of which includes the origins of the 'customers not fans' argument!

Hopefully it's of interest.

Such a great video! Wasn't around during that time but i'm sure they were dark days.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Excellent, thanks for posting that. A unique day and a shame it got virtually no coverage at the time. The national press in particular completely ignored it.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Very emotional watching that footage. I remember the gates of the Northstand being flung open and watching fans stream inside.
Is there a list of all the clubs who were represented that day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here