Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many apologies if this has been mentioned before as too many pages to scroll through now. I have a query re tickets. Want to get 1 through fansfest but as i understand it their tickets are in the grandstand, and not sure this is the best place for maximum effect in the ground, however, this does ensure that any fans worried about getting in will have a guaranteed ticket. (you can still go to fansfest without a match ticket)
I can get a ticket anytime as i live 10 mins from home park, but would like to be amongst some albion fans (or are we happy to be spread around the ground)
There is at least 1 (maybe 2) pay on the day turnstiles, but the queue etc will be horrible, if this takes off as it looks like it is going to. On PASOTI they are talking about approaching the club to streamline POTD & opening up closed parts of the ground, i hope they succeed but surely we are demonstrating against the people that are currently running the club, why should they help.
I know there are meetings taking place between Argyle/Brighton people who know a lot more about this than me so will wait to see what the outcome is regarding tickets, where to go etc, before i get 1.
People getting very excited about this down here, it is the talk of the playground at my daughters school as there are many Argyle supporters there, they know i support Brighton so its all good.
Cant wait, its going to be a great weekend starting on the friday night in the Argyle pub watching the Leeds game with them all.
If i can help in any way as I live in Plymouth please let me know.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Many apologies if this has been mentioned before as too many pages to scroll through now. I have a query re tickets. Want to get 1 through fansfest but as i understand it their tickets are in the grandstand, and not sure this is the best place for maximum effect in the ground, however, this does ensure that any fans worried about getting in will have a guaranteed ticket. (you can still go to fansfest without a match ticket)
I can get a ticket anytime as i live 10 mins from home park, but would like to be amongst some albion fans (or are we happy to be spread around the ground)
There is at least 1 (maybe 2) pay on the day turnstiles, but the queue etc will be horrible, if this takes off as it looks like it is going to. On PASOTI they are talking about approaching the club to streamline POTD & opening up closed parts of the ground, i hope they succeed but surely we are demonstrating against the people that are currently running the club, why should they help.
I know there are meetings taking place between Argyle/Brighton people who know a lot more about this than me so will wait to see what the outcome is regarding tickets, where to go etc, before i get 1.
People getting very excited about this down here, it is the talk of the playground at my daughters school as there are many Argyle supporters there, they know i support Brighton so its all good.
Cant wait, its going to be a great weekend starting on the friday night in the Argyle pub watching the Leeds game with them all.
If i can help in any way as I live in Plymouth please let me know.

can we have a new sticky with the committee's recommendations; as you say 26 pages and more to scroll through; is the fanfest in one of the stadium's hospitality rooms? do they serve magners? I can't fanfest if there's no magners for Tomo!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Got a pm from my mate whos a Swindon ST and looks like some are arranging things and will have a load full down to Home Park!

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Today's update from Chris at the Trust...........

"Hi All

Thought I'd try to bring it together a bit now that the administrator has made official what we all knew about the BIL bid.

It was clear that yesterdays postering from Heaney was nothing more than him getting his excuses ready - "I have the money but the FL said no"

That individual has wasted months of our time. He has seen staff and players go without pay. He has ruined our pre-season and his actions see us bottom of the league. They key thing now is focusing on saving the Club but Heaneys involvement has been a complete disgrace.

It seems that the Kassam interest has died.

The report indicates that James Brent has re-submitted his bid. I can confirm this is the case. In fact JB was contacted by P&A and within hours his full bid was in. Hardly "reluctant" I'd say.

We obviously have Paul Buttivant around the scene but the same issue will arise now as it did 6 months ago - he has no money. If Brendan Guilfoyle makes the wrong choice here then this Club dies. We cannot afford another Kevin Heaney.

My belief is that Brendan Guilfoyle knows that a huge error was made in selecting BIL and that he will go to James Brent.

From there some very difficult negotiations will have to take place.

James has assured us that if he gets this opportunity that he will be open with everyone about his plans - with communication to the staff and players being an immediate priority).

There are still twists and turns to come.

This is another reason why the Green Card protest is right. Let's call for James Brent to save this Club. Let's call for hope. Let's show our continued backing for our players and staff.

We will keep you as informed as we possibly can along the way.

Cool heads, strong hearts.

WE'RE PLYMOUTH ARGYLE AND WE'LL NEVER DIE"

Lots of work to do, lots of support still needed but the dropping of Kevin Heaney / Bishop International and the proposed move to James Brent is quite possibly the best bit of Argyle news all year. The problem now is firstly the Ridsdale/Guilfoyle stranglehold - pressure needs to be applied to ensure they give JB the same time and breaks they've bent over backwards to give Heaney/BIL all summer. Secondly to make clear that the manner in which the fans and staff have been treated, wholly unnecesarily so, by their obsession with forcing through this bid that had no right to even be considered serious, was beyond unacceptable. They've been playing fast and loose with peoples jobs, hopes and dreams for the sake of their private greed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
do they serve magners? I can't fanfest if there's no magners for Tomo!

I know at least one poster on this thread who will be horrified to hear of you asking for that stuff at his club. If you ask for ice with it, he may just flounce :lol:

These west country types take their cider very seriously you know :)

fansunited_spur

Sep 8, 2011
Hello all,

Tottenham Hotspur fan here. I lived in Plymouth for the past three years during my time at University. This idea is fantastic, and Plymouth Argyle is a stunning little club. Spent many a afternoon down at Home Park to get my football fix and got an attachment to the club. They can't die, the fans are incredible.

I've posted on the Spurs site I'm on. (I can't post links so just get rid of the space between the www and the dot! If anyone else could post the link for me, that would be great!

www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/thfc...ember-24th-home-park-plymouth.html#post479198

See you all on the 24th!

Last edited by a moderator:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
I know at least one poster on this thread who will be horrified to hear of you asking for that stuff at his club. If you ask for ice with it, he may just flounce :lol:

Landlords are traditionally flogged by their communities for watering down god's gift of 'fighting apples'..........and you wanna put ICE in there?.

As for bubbles, well that just ain't natural bhey, thems the work of the dev'l.

Why not go the whole hog and put a slice of lemon on the rim, maybe a minature oriental parasol, serve it in a small flat glass and consume it through a straw?.

ICE?........"Ty tryst fol gocky bobbas" :hilton:

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would it be an idea to fundraise for something specific with regards to Plymouth's bills?
For instance I find it scandalous that St Johns ambulance get royally dicked over when a club goes into administration, if we could find out what that bill is we could organise to get that paid directly .

With this in mind I have had a brain wave at work. I rarely post on here but fans united has really got my imagination flowing so there has been a lot lately! I am not sure this idea will be a goer (especially after the failure of my Helping Plymouth thread and suggested Albion/Argyle auction) However, if anyone else thinks it is a good idea we could try and get something sorted.

I read on earlier posts about Footballs with Risdales face on them saying kick risdale out of football and I think a great idea would be a penalty shoot out with these balls. The club probably wouldn't allow us to do it outside the ground due to the anti Risdale sentiment but surely we could find a pub with a grass area etc.

It would need a goal and the balls and a couple of volunteers for goalkeepers (I would happily do half hour/hour) We could ask the clubs for prizes etc and charge a quid for a few penalties with the balls. It would get the message across andall money raised be donated to something such as the St Johns ambulance?

Just an idea, let me know if anyone thinks it's a plan and we can see if we can get it organised.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
The latest from Heaney

There's a rather overused cliche involving not really being able to make things up, but in this case, you really couldn't make it up!!

It looks like Heaney positioning himself for when the deal falls through so that he can blame the FL.

Please note the second to last paragraph about security of funding being in place....not the actual funding, but security of funding.

Oh the irony of everything that comes out of Heaneys mouth.

If you'll indulge me, I'm going to adapt a line from the film The Hangover........we're at the corner of bye then and do one!

I would use stronger language but as an interloper on your forum, I don't want to incur the wrath of the mods.

The best bit about this story though......he takes the Riddler with him.

Last edited:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard

He's only young give him time; better magners than a smirnoff Ice; as for me ABL - anything but Lager

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Landlords are traditionally flogged by their communities for watering down god's gift of 'fighting apples'..........and you wanna put ICE in there?.

As for bubbles, well that just ain't natural bhey, thems the work of the dev'l.

Why not go the whole hog and put a slice of lemon on the rim, maybe a minature oriental parasol, serve it in a small flat glass and consume it through a straw?.

ICE?........"Ty tryst fol gocky bobbas" :hilton:

I did warn you, Robbie :lol:

Never come between a Janner & his cider.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Trying to sort out my coach travel now awaiting reply, Placed an order for 400 green balloons too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports