Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Can any of the Plymouth fans posting on here let us know whether it would be possible for fans with a (FanFest) ticket in the Grandstand to join other fans in another stand if that’s were the main crowds are?

i.e. is there easy access around the ground?
Are the stewards going to be helpful in allowing us to move?
Is the Grandstand the best place to be anyway?

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Here's my very basic and obviously directly-slatable idea to raise a small bit of cash, but here goes :)

Any chance somebody could buy a fairly desirable prize and get fans to buy raffle tickets before the match with the winning ticket being drawn at half time?

People wouldn't have to spend more than a quid each if they didnt want to and would have the chance of winning something worth a couple of hundred. Would have to be able to cart it home easily though so maybe a 50inch TV would be out of the question.

Anyway was just an idea.

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
Can any of the Plymouth fans posting on here let us know whether it would be possible for fans with a (FanFest) ticket in the Grandstand to join other fans in another stand if that’s were the main crowds are?

I asked yesterday,I'm waiting for an answer. One way around it,is to order a fansfest ticket from the Green Taverners for £5 and get a ticket for the match separately.

dan893pafc

Sep 8, 2011

First of all extremely grateful and amazed by the support you are giving us and the organisation of this fans reunited day. From my knowledge; which therefore may be wrong, is that once ur in a stand the stewards wont let u change area and this alsop pplies between the devonport and lyndhurst even though they are joined in a semi circle. While for view grandstand is best but for atmosphere (if there is any) would be in either the devonport blocks 3-6, with a drum being based in 6 I believe which obviously could help build an atmosphere. Hope this helps :)

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
First of all extremely grateful and amazed by the support you are giving us and the organisation of this fans reunited day. From my knowledge; which therefore may be wrong, is that once ur in a stand the stewards wont let u change area and this alsop pplies between the devonport and lyndhurst even though they are joined in a semi circle. While for view grandstand is best but for atmosphere (if there is any) would be in either the devonport blocks 3-6, with a drum being based in 6 I believe which obviously could help build an atmosphere. Hope this helps :)

Thanks to you and Dartmoors Green for the info.

Looking forward to a great day on 24th.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
The Grandstand, for those of you that may not know is The Mayflower Stand. It's not nicknamed the Moanflower for nothing!! This is the stand where a lot of the Elder Statesmen of Argyle, you know, the old guys who have been going for 50 years or more, usually sit.

As Dan893 has said, the best place to be amongst 'singers' is either towards the back of Block 3 (directly behind the goal in the Devonport End), Block 4 (That's where I'll be!) and finally Block 6 which is in the corner and is where the drum is. The Drum crowd used to be in Block 16 or Zoo Corner which was proper lively, but the club in their wisdom closed off that section of the ground at the start of the season. Cost saving measure as we were never going to get anywhere near capacity crowds.

From memory, if you have a Fans Fest ticket with match ticket, you will be in the Moanflower. The view is good, the atmosphere not so.

My advice if you fancy a sing song is to get your Fans Fest ticket separately, then pay on the day for Devonport End, or the Lyndhurst Stand which runs along the touchline opposite the Grandstand.

(I'd really just go for the Demport though!!)

The seat rows go from A at the front (obviously!) to Y.

If you have young 'uns coming with you, Block 1 is the Family Area......I've never been in there, but they usually have kids activities and some dudes dressed up in costumes and the like. They'll be a 50-50 draw at HT.....usual type of thing, 50p a ticket from the guys hanging around in the concourse area under each stand, with half the fund as prize money and the other half to the club.

Top Tip, when Pilgrim Pete, our mascot, walks in front of the away end, keep an eye out for his comedy trip....he does it every home game. It always amuses me when away fans laugh at him, thinking he has actually tripped!

It's the little things I suppose!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The Grandstand, for those of you that may not know is The Mayflower Stand. It's not nicknamed the Moanflower for nothing!! This is the stand where a lot of the Elder Statesmen of Argyle, you know, the old guys who have been going for 50 years or more, usually sit.

As Dan893 has said, the best place to be amongst 'singers' is either towards the back of Block 3 (directly behind the goal in the Devonport End), Block 4 (That's where I'll be!) and finally Block 6 which is in the corner and is where the drum is. The Drum crowd used to be in Block 16 or Zoo Corner which was proper lively, but the club in their wisdom closed off that section of the ground at the start of the season. Cost saving measure as we were never going to get anywhere near capacity crowds.

From memory, if you have a Fans Fest ticket with match ticket, you will be in the Moanflower. The view is good, the atmosphere not so.

My advice if you fancy a sing song is to get your Fans Fest ticket separately, then pay on the day for Devonport End, or the Lyndhurst Stand which runs along the touchline opposite the Grandstand.

(I'd really just go for the Demport though!!)

The seat rows go from A at the front (obviously!) to Y.

If you have young 'uns coming with you, Block 1 is the Family Area......I've never been in there, but they usually have kids activities and some dudes dressed up in costumes and the like. They'll be a 50-50 draw at HT.....usual type of thing, 50p a ticket from the guys hanging around in the concourse area under each stand, with half the fund as prize money and the other half to the club.

Top Tip, when Pilgrim Pete, our mascot, walks in front of the away end, keep an eye out for his comedy trip....he does it every home game. It always amuses me when away fans laugh at him, thinking he has actually tripped!

It's the little things I suppose!!

you've got moaners to..... another thing we have in common!!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
you've got moaners to..... another thing we have in common!!

"Mayflower, giz a song, Mayflower, Mayflower, giz a song........."

Usually followed by silence.

Occasionally, some animation can be seen, usually after a crap refereeing/lino's decision. But not very often!

If there's any misplaced pass groaning to be done, it will come from there!!

daatgreen

Sep 4, 2011
Thank you

This is the first time I've ever sent a message to a website.

I just want to say thank you so much for doing this, it has brought a tear to my eye. I've supported Argyle for nearly 60 years and have never felt so down about what's happening here.

I went to the Fans United, at the Goldstone, in Feb '97, wearing my Argyle scarf, and it was one of the most enjoyable days I've ever had at a football ground and what a win!

Special thanks to Woodchip, I think.

And I do like a moan, but not now,

Alan.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just want to say thank you so much for doing this, it has brought a tear to my eye. I've supported Argyle for nearly 60 years and have never felt so down about what's happening here.

I went to the Fans United, at the Goldstone, in Feb '97, wearing my Argyle scarf, and it was one of the most enjoyable days I've ever had at a football ground and what a win!

Alan.

Alan, We owe you for 1997. That's why there will be hundreds of Seagulls in Plymouth on 24th.
That, and the fact if its half as good as the first one, it'll be a bloody fine day out!

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
I know there are some fans coming down by train for this match, is there any chance someone could arrange what time train everyone could get, so then everyone could get to Plymouth train station at the same time so then we could walk upto Home Park in one mass group rather than lots of little ones!!! And it would look good for the media if we could walk all together upto Home Park in mass numbers, also it would show that all football fans are united no matter what team we follow and I will meet you all at the train station here in Plymouth but would need someone to arrange a time for the train to leave Brighton!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Mayflower, giz a song, Mayflower, Mayflower, giz a song........."

Usually followed by silence.

Occasionally, some animation can be seen, usually after a crap refereeing/lino's decision. But not very often!

If there's any misplaced pass groaning to be done, it will come from there!!
So will a few fans from other clubs in the Grandstand on the 24th get it rocking , could get the atmosphere going all around the ground. ? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here