By the seaside in West Somerset

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Posted link on Sunderland fans board.

argylepaul

Sep 7, 2011
Hi BHA fans. Had to register on here just to say a BIG THANK YOU. It's been said by quite a few Argyle supporters already, but I am just astonished by how much care and thought you are given to Argyle's situation. Regardless of what happens, I don't thank we can thank you enough. I was travelling when you had your grief in the 90s, and apparently Argyle fans helped to get you back on track. Now you are, you deserve everything you have right now: high Championship placing, packed crowds in a great stadium, and Vicente! A few years ago, we had that too (except Vicente), but the reality has set in watching us struggle to even have a shot on target at Burton Albion. But, seeing us struggle at the Pirelli has got to be better than liquidation and the death of our fantastic and proper club.
I know Argyle's travelling fans are second-to-none, but I hope that the usual Plymouth city apathy doesn't spoil the Fans United Day for us all. I hope those Albion fans that are putting in so much effort for us, and travelling down; get looked after, and that their brilliant efforts are appreciated and rewarded. Take advantage of the GT Fansfest, and have a great day. Your support for our cause is very moving, and I am sure I talk for everyone when I say your help will never be forgotten by Argyle's long suffering fans. Thank you and GOOD LUCK ALBION!

DanielT

want to get a green army scarf on the website, but how much will the club get? This, from the Guardian's 'Said & Done' this week, bothered me:

£230,000: Plymouth's wage bill for August. Administrators say 60% of September's wages will be deferred.
£228,626: fees accumulated by the administrators between March and the end of April – continuing since then at an average hourly rate of £267.54.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
want to get a green army scarf on the website, but how much will the club get? This, from the Guardian's 'Said & Done' this week, bothered me:

£230,000: Plymouth's wage bill for August. Administrators say 60% of September's wages will be deferred.
£228,626: fees accumulated by the administrators between March and the end of April – continuing since then at an average hourly rate of £267.54.

and paid in full I believe as were Risdale's costs

Having been involved (at the wrong (losing job) end) in the odd administration, CVA and liquidation, I think it's bloody scandalous that these parasites take such large sums and leave the genuinely affected with little or nothing at the end of the day.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Would it be an idea to fundraise for something specific with regards to Plymouth's bills?
For instance I find it scandalous that St Johns ambulance get royally dicked over when a club goes into administration, if we could find out what that bill is we could organise to get that paid directly .

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
The Argus have contacted me, they are running the story in tomorrow's paper and will encourage the fans to Go Green & attend Fans Reunited. :banana:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Argus have contacted me, they are running the story in tomorrow's paper and will encourage the fans to Go Green & attend Fans Reunited. :banana:

This certainly means it will then be picked up by the "national dailies" as the Daily Mail followed by the others like to be in on the act :O

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Logged onto Cardiff and both Bristol City and Rovers forums and placed a general fansreunited notice. Not sure as to what impact it will make but BCFC site already had a thread started on fansreunited with some 'fans' saying fcuk 'em' and others wanting to help.

Twitter campaign seems to be going well though - all 92 clubs featured plus many non-league and international clubs.

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
The commentator for Spurs games is going to plug all this in the Spurs v Liverpool game next week. He's also going to let the Sky and MOTD commentators know about it so they can mention it. He's also putting a message on the Spurs Supporters' Trust site to gain support, he's been incredible!

I'm completely amazed by the support that so many people have offered and so many people have gone out of their way to help. Surprisingly, Spurs fans have been the most proactive in trying to help and I'd say that Spurs are the 3rd highest followers on the twitter page (after BHA & PA).

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
The commentator for Spurs games is going to plug all this in the Spurs v Liverpool game next week. He's also going to let the Sky and MOTD commentators know about it so they can mention it. He's also putting a message on the Spurs Supporters' Trust site to gain support, he's been incredible!

I'm completely amazed by the support that so many people have offered and so many people have gone out of their way to help. Surprisingly, Spurs fans have been the most proactive in trying to help and I'd say that Spurs are the 3rd highest followers on the twitter page (after BHA & PA).

Thats excellent

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
..and they all got smashed out of their heads and slept on my floor afterwards :)
I'm sending Gerd Dembowski, head of BAFF, a message today (he regularly comes to our games)

That's coooool :) I did see your name mentioned in that write up.

I tweeted BAFF yesterday but your personal contact is so much more helpful. Who does Gerd support? Have you ever made it to one of his team's games?

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
Hi BHA fans. Had to register on here just to say a BIG THANK YOU. It's been said by quite a few Argyle supporters already, but I am just astonished by how much care and thought you are given to Argyle's situation. Regardless of what happens, I don't thank we can thank you enough. I was travelling when you had your grief in the 90s, and apparently Argyle fans helped to get you back on track. Now you are, you deserve everything you have right now: high Championship placing, packed crowds in a great stadium, and Vicente! A few years ago, we had that too (except Vicente), but the reality has set in watching us struggle to even have a shot on target at Burton Albion. But, seeing us struggle at the Pirelli has got to be better than liquidation and the death of our fantastic and proper club.
I know Argyle's travelling fans are second-to-none, but I hope that the usual Plymouth city apathy doesn't spoil the Fans United Day for us all. I hope those Albion fans that are putting in so much effort for us, and travelling down; get looked after, and that their brilliant efforts are appreciated and rewarded. Take advantage of the GT Fansfest, and have a great day. Your support for our cause is very moving, and I am sure I talk for everyone when I say your help will never be forgotten by Argyle's long suffering fans. Thank you and GOOD LUCK ALBION!

It is amazing to see how football fans rally together!! This is why it is great being a brighton fan!!(in fact any lower league fan!!) lets just hope if we get into the prem (sorry when!!) we remember where we have come from!! I remember a very happy promotion season at yours not so long ago and the reality is you CANT go out of the leagues!! I think this is where we need to say NO and stop the football business- football is about the fans!! so many teams have gone under its crazy!!

Leeds will be incredible publicity and I know we will take many fans down to yours on the sat... good luck and most importantly

DONT GIVE UP!!!!!- things have a funny way of sorting out...

what you mention about the plymouth fans wont happen as ive checked ur forums and it seems to be igniting the fire!! the day is going to be very special- just hope we can make it down...

:)

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
fantastic news!! this is going to be BIG!!! :)

Logged onto Cardiff and both Bristol City and Rovers forums and placed a general fansreunited notice. Not sure as to what impact it will make but BCFC site already had a thread started on fansreunited with some 'fans' saying fcuk 'em' and others wanting to help.

Twitter campaign seems to be going well though - all 92 clubs featured plus many non-league and international clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports