Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I won't be able to attend tomorrow's meeting but think it's important that a clear message is developed

at the moment there is a risk that too many dates/events are promoted.

Go Green needs to be a televised event at Amex. happy with either game as early enough to shift the date.

2 Fans United events may spread this a bit thin.

Anything at the Crawley game probably needs to be a decision for individuals rather than a co-ordinated event by us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I won't be able to attend tomorrow's meeting but think it's important that a clear message is developed

at the moment there is a risk that too many dates/events are promoted.

Go Green needs to be a televised event at Amex. happy with either game as early enough to shift the date.

2 Fans United events may spread this a bit thin.

Anything at the Crawley game probably needs to be a decision for individuals rather than a co-ordinated event by us.

I think Go Green on the 21st and 23rd needs to promoted in the Argus and other media sources for it to take off. September 24th is VITAL as Guilfoyle might pull the plug if it means the administrators have no revenue stream to divert into their account to cover expenses at the beginning of October. Crawley on the 1st of October is a Saturday when we are playing away up at Ipswich so for Brighton fans this could be Fans Reunited 1½. Fans Reunited 2 on the 8th of October coincides with Argyle's 125th anniversary and with an international break there are no games in the Premier League , Championship and some European leagues.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Just had a quick plagiarism of Woodchip's original post as a potential common post to post on other club's forums. Taken out the Brighton references and made it more general. Thought the original tone and thought needed to be kept. This OK?

I'm sure we're all aware of the plight of Plymouth Argyle, not just on the pitch but more importantly the off the pitch situation.

They are in real danger of them going into liquidation. This would then mean our friends down the road would no longer exist as a team. The knock on effect throughout the football pyramid would be immense (although certain teams will feel immune from it). Their players have taken a 60% paycut to ensure the team can survive for another few weeks. We, the fans of the sport, need to show solidarity with their team.

We need to rally the troops and take as many as possible down there to get behind Argyle. Take anything you can that will make a lot of noise down there; whistles, rattles, vuvuzelas, anything that's legal in a ground and will get heard. Let's make Home Park the noisiest ground on the country for this day.

Wear your colours and show them how much support they have.

Please, if you're registered on a different football forum, copy this into their forum. We need to show the country how corrupt Risdale is.

Saturday 24th September is Fans re-united day @ Home Park

PASOTI View topic - Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We need to show the country how corrupt Risdale is.

Saturday 24th September is Fans re-united day @ Home Park

PASOTI View topic - Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way

Some questions:

A) RB, is Risdale really the villain of the piece here? There is a danger of Albion fans viewing this through the lens of what happened to our club in the 1990s, or seeing this as re-heated version of Fans United at the Goldstone, and actually missing what's different about the current situation. Viewing it as The Albion Troubles Mk II will put a lid on the scope and success of whatever we do.

B) Also, what are we trying to achieve with Fans Reunited? Is it primarily to show solidarity with Plymouth fans? If so, it's great to show solidarity with other fans, even wonderful. And we have to be clear that showing solidarity by itself is not going to save the club. if it's to create media awareness, what is it we want to do with that media awareness beyond getting a Sky Sports presenter to mention that Plymouth are in trouble?

C) How do we want the negotiations to pan out? Financial survival above all else or liquidation and a fresh start? Is there agreement amongst Plymouth fans. How can fans have an impact on what is decided in the negotiations?

Last edited:

Sep 4, 2011
a MASSIVE thank you for everything you guys are doing. A huge gesture which everyone in the Westcountry applauds. Not just this but the whole country will be standing up and taking notice of this which is exactly what we need.

Green and Blue Barmy Army!!

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
Could someone please on to our Pasoti site,look at a thread titled Calling all football clubs and fans. There is a link there from our Green Taverners. Your site won't allow me to post links.

Thanks

Richard.

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
fantastic idea!! will try my bit but meant to be moving that weekend (as Brighton r on Friday night!!)... may require an exception though think the atmosphere alone will be well worth going! lets hope they strand up listen and act.... we have come through lets hope they can 2!! I have a Rushden Fan, (who went over the Summer) im sure they will be in too I will message and spread the word!!

:)

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
No,the link to the Green Taverners website itself,they are appealing for memorabilia.

Cheers Woodchip that's the one.

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
[MENTION=21389]green_blooded_pilgrim[/MENTION] [MENTION=21364]Dartmoors Green[/MENTION]

Hi, could you explain what the Fan Fest is, i have seen it mentioned on your board as a kinda warm up to the game. Those of us that will be joining might be interested in having a bit of a...er...fest!

Cheers, Sergei.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not on Twitter but has anyone sent John Motson a tweet?

Twitter

Edit, this is worldcup site only three other twitter accounts but not sure if him

Last edited:

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
The FansFest's were started last season by a group of Argyle fans called the Green Taverners who are our fund raising stars. They started using a marquee outside the stadium that the club wasn't putting to full use. Basically to try to get more fans to the games they sold tickets for the games at a little more than the cost of the match ticket. For this you got a pint,a pasty and entertainment. The entertainment is a local musician and a comedian who team up together and sing some hilarious songs and some good jokes. Sort of taking the piss out of this weeks news etc. It's a good laugh and really helped to bring the fans together. Several groups of rival fans were invited in and went away slightly bemused but all swearing that they were going to try to do something similar at there clubs.

The Green Taverners and our trust are hopefully going to be announcing details tomorrow of a special fans fest that will hopefully include a fair few of you. There maybe an evening do as well. We have been warned to keep the whole day free. I'll pass on any details if tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. Our trust is also talking to yours.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think it'd be good to assemble a list of key ways to contribute to the campaign. It may not work for some people to travel to Plymouth on 24th and who nevertheless wish to contribute to the campaign. These may include donating, contacting fans of other forums, offering a lift on 24th, wearing green to the Leeds game, trying to get hold of Albion players with Argyle connections such as Garry Nelson and Craig Noone, asking Bradley Wright-Phillips to ask his rich brother to donate a month's wage to the campaign etc. Any others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports