Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
O.K I have been involved in quite a few charity fundraisers and something the organisers simply must do imho is set up a basic 1 or 2 page website, a simngle point of reference with an easy to remember name.

Just checked http://www.fansreunited.co.uk is available and just £5.99 for two years http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?domain=www.fansreunited&search=search&transfer=transfer&ajax_enabled=true

If we do go down this route we should make sure any web donations are registered with Gift Aid as well

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Fair point. But assuming worst case, new bidder falls through, 2 dates 24th (fans reunited 1) and 8th Oct (fans re-united 2) still better imho. 8th Oct there are no games either in Germany, SPain, Italy and France etc....... not saying you will get loads from overseas but you may well get a few coming with no club games.

Organisation

O.K I have been involved in quite a few charity fundraisers and something the organisers simply must do imho is set up a basic 1 or 2 page website, a simngle point of reference with an easy to remember name.

Just checked http://www.fansreunited.co.uk is available and just £5.99 for two years http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?domain=www.fansreunited&search=search&transfer=transfer&ajax_enabled=true

On this webpage (Any web designers out there or if not I can do it for you using a simple wysiwyg software like Evolution X5), you can put the details and date/s of the fans reunited day, (+ the history of our old fans united day), the links to the facebook page etc + any media coverage this event generates can also go back on the webpage

AND MOST IMPORTANT

A paypal "DONATE" link, You need to try and compel every person landing on that page to donate some money a quid, fiver etc (buckets at games are all good and can be dona additionally, but don't miss the chance every perosn who reads about Plymouths plight to also give money)

To use a paypal donate link you just need a paypal seller account, (which you'll likely have if you sell a few things on ebay)

Then when you mention this campaign you simply give people the http://www.fansreunited.co.uk webpage name with all the info/links on it. You'll find most people who see the webpage won't be able to go to Home park, but hopefully they will at least donate some money towards Plymouth's plight.

Again details of our "Go green" games on sky TV can be on the webpage, and at the game itself..... some sort of banners that carry the webpage http://www.fansreunited.co.uk or even doing a media press release as to why we are all "green" with details of the web address, will draw people (and their dosh) to the campaign webpage carrying all info of plymouths plight, fansrenuited day/s at home park, facebook links, travel guidance to Plymouth links AND PAYPAL DONATE link

If you get any media outlet (TV or newspaper), allowing you to plug this, or writing about it you need a simple easy website name point of reference.

if you get 5 secs on the radio or TV "Join fans reunited, supporting Plymouth FC all details at www.fansreunited.co.uk" etc

PM me if you like and I will call you/give you my phone number if needed

I think the website is a very good idea-much easier to advertiser and very neutral (as opposed to our board which being Brighton might put off the likes og Palace/Portsmouth/Southampton) Is anyone able to pull this together? Maybe it's something that could be discussed on Monday night? Also it means that we can advertiser 24th/8th and the 1st at Crawley if we want

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I think the website is a very good idea-much easier to advertiser and very neutral (as opposed to our board which being Brighton might put off the likes og Palace/Portsmouth/Southampton) Is anyone able to pull this together? Maybe it's something that could be discussed on Monday night? Also it means that we can advertiser 24th/8th and the 1st at Crawley if we want

It's definitely on the"agenda"for tomorrow. As well as banners, and the media. We've hit the ground running, now we need to build on that momentum and not let it slow.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've been putting off visiting family in the west country for months, so I'm going to kill to birds with one stone. Who else is going to travel down by train on 24th? Be good to travel down with a bunch of us. Will people still be heading down there if the situation is resolved in the mean time? I can't get out of it now so will go whatever, would wearing the stripes still be welcome if it isn't a protest day?

If the Wrexham fans are anything to go by-wear anything Albion in Wrexham on a matchday and you'll likely get at least one offer of a a pint. Can't see you being given anything but a welcome by Plymouth fans.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I can't go on 24th as 2 home games in a week and being full time carer is about my limit but if there is another fans reunited event on 8th oct I'll be up for that and driving down from newhaven in my zafira if anyone wants to jump in and share the fuel

I'll be up for that, and maybe my Dad as well.

EDIT: Dad's in as well. We're Seaford based, so can jump on a bus and meet you by Elim Church.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Fansreunited.co.uk now registered. I'll work on a very basic site later.

Anything anyone wants added then let me know.

I think one of the most important things will be to give a good description of the situation and what we're trying to fight, as many seem to be a bit confused about this. Might be nice to include a section on previous fans united days too so people can see what can be done.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'll be up for that, and maybe my Dad as well.

EDIT: Dad's in as well. We're Seaford based, so can jump on a bus and meet you by Elim Church.

That's fine, hoping to fill all 7 seats if poss :thumbsup:

So far for 8th oct I have

Me
Woodchip
Woodchip's dad
sharpey38 (possible)

KGollop

Feb 21, 2011
It's definitely on the"agenda"for tomorrow. As well as banners, and the media. We've hit the ground running, now we need to build on that momentum and not let it slow.

Plymouth fan here. Would just like to pass on my thanks to all those involved, particularly Woodchip. It is very humbling to see the efforts you are going to in support of another club (I almost said rival but those days seem a dim and distant memory!). Thanks again, and hope to see many of you on the 24th!

Kevin.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
That's fine, hoping to fill all 7 seats if poss :thumbsup:

So far for 8th oct I have

Me
Woodchip
Woodchip's dad
sharpey38 (possible)

I might take a couple of places in there. Need to check how much train is etc.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
We must be hitting the masses as there is now idiots posting in the wall of the event. I may need some help on the admin side of the event soon, as I really should try to spend some time with the other half. lol

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I'm definately up for this. Need to show our support. Just a thought, but is there a way that the away fans (is it Macclesfield?) were not segregated in an away end for that game, so that the whole thing really is fans united???? Don't shoot me down if this is a bad idea, I'm sure Macclesfield fans would like to show their support too. I'll try to get to the Nelson tomorrow at 7.00.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Happy to help with this mate if you wanna add me as an admin - already had a slight go at the southampton fan. Should be all about positivity and not the usual!

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Also do we have a twitter account set up for this yet? I've been sending the article I penned yesterday round to various journalist contacts. Hope someone picks it up - twohundredpercent.net have already agreed to host it (they're the second google hit if you search fans united plymouth) so its getting out there!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Just an idea and to keep the momentum up...divide the 90 clubs (I am not including us and Plymouth) in the League's into batches of 10. Those 10 clubs are then the responsibility of a individual to promote Fan Reunited on their fans forums. As the time gets closer they bounce their original thread and keep it in the mind of the people on the forum.

Accrington Stanley
AFC Bournemouth
AFC Wimbledon
Aldershot Town
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Barnet
Barnsley
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers

Second Person:
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Bradford City
Brentford
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Burnley
Burton Albion
Bury
Cardiff City

Third:
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Chelsea
Cheltenham Town
Chesterfield
Colchester United
Coventry City
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Crystal Palace

Fourth:
Dagenham & Redbridge
Derby County
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Exeter City
Fulham
Gillingham
Hartlepool United
Hereford United
Huddersfield Town

Fifth:
Hull City
Ipswich Town
Leeds United
Leicester City
Leyton Orient
Liverpool
Macclesfield Town
Manchester City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough

Sixth:
Millwall
MK Dons
Morecambe
Newcastle United
Northampton Town
Norwich City
Nottingham Forest
Notts County
Oldham Athletic
Oxford United

Seventh:
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Preston North End
Queens Park Rangers
Reading
Rochdale
Rotherham United
Scunthorpe United
Sheffield United

Eighth:
Sheffield Wednesday
Shrewsbury Town
Southampton
Southend United
Stevenage Borough
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Swindon Town
Torquay United

Ninth:
Tottenham Hotspur
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wycombe Wanderers
Yeovil Town

It would be usefull is if we had a 'form of words' that we could just paste into the threads to ensure 1. We get the point across. 2. We are all singing of the same song sheet and 3. it would save time.

I don't mind taking the first batch. What does everyone think? Anyone gonna join me?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Sounds like a good idea SG, but I think a lot of people have already posted on a lot of other club's forums, and it might get a bit fragmented. Could be sorted out in the pub tomorrow evening?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Sounds like a good idea SG, but I think a lot of people have already posted on a lot of other club's forums, and it might get a bit fragmented. Could be sorted out in the pub tomorrow evening?
Sorry meant SC. But too much wine. Well, the yard is already way past the sun arm.....

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Maybe, just thought it might ensure we hit all the bases. I guess as some hits a forum they search for a thread if there is one they bounce it, if not they start one. That would get over the double threads but still keep it alive on other boards. Hey its just a thought. I wont be able to make the pub tomorrow but bar us invading Iran i'll be able to help over 'tinterweb as much as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here