Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Updated Bingo cards

View attachment Brighton_Fans_Forum_Bingo.pdf

new card 1.PNG

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
NSC must be the only fans forum where the most vocal fans are season ticket holders who never actually go to games and frustrated the club aren't making that easier for them.

You are relentless in defending the club. Has the club ever made a bad decision in your opinion?

WHU fans protested against this and it hasn't been implemented, so no NSC aren't the only fans that are unhappy

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and for [MENTION=529]sparkie[/MENTION]

new card 3.PNG

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You are relentless in defending the club. Has the club ever made a bad decision in your opinion?

Well i wasn't keen on Bloom sacking Hughton, Barber should have been harder about resisting PPV last winter, I think its a big risk going into the season with the current set of attackers, and the price of a cup of tea is ridiculous. But yes happy to defend them on most things because they are a really well run club.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Against Digital Season tickets . Yes. They did. And West Ham after consulting with fan groups introduced alternatives such as physical cards for those fans without mobile phone access. Like Albion. https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/09-august/update-supporter-access-202122-season

Interesting. The club told me to go and get a citizen card at £35 as I have no passport or driving licence. When I asked if the club would reimburse me for this otherwise needless expenditure, they accepted a selfie i emailed them and sent me a hard copy ST.

Got there in the end but had to put up a fight.

It does seem as if Barber is making life so much more difficult for fans. That £20 charge (+£25 for membership) just to put a bum on seat when STH can't attend is ridiculous; it borders on greed. I do not understand why Barber would rather have an empty seat rather than a bum on it that might spend on refreshments and in the club shop but if that's the way his mind works, then fair enough. He won't be getting another £20 off of me.

And do we really need 95 pages - yes, that is 95 pages of T&Cs, rules & regulation?. There again, the more rules, the easier it is to fall foul of them. Barber could get away with that when we had a lengthy waiting list. Not so much today.

Then look at how much the club rips off fans for a replica shirt. I can't find recent numbers but back in 2016 EPL replica shirts were landed at £5 a pop. Assume the costs have doubled (but probably not now nike are using Uighur muslim labour). Adult shirt this season £52. Of course I want the club to make a profit from the sale of replica kit, they are a business, but 400% profit is taking the p*ss.

Then we have the travel issues that are even more in the spotlight in these covid times. The club still can't organise enough services with enough carriages to convey us to and from the AMEX. Does the club have a Service Level Agreement with Southern? If not, why not?

It's not what it used to be.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting. The club told me to go and get a citizen card at £35 as I have no passport or driving licence. When I asked if the club would reimburse me for this otherwise needless expenditure, they accepted a selfie i emailed them and sent me a hard copy ST.

With my Dad they were fine with a photo of his bus pass in the end. I think it took em a while to work this out and the process for offering it / who to etc.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ha ! A proper inquiry into why Ben White won player of the year is long overdue imo. I suggest a vote audit.

I must admit I'd completely forgotten about Ben. Football, eh?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Has anyone received an invite to the forum?

I’ve received an email thanking me for registering to attend, but it’s so vaguely/poorly worded I’m not sure whether it’s an invite or not! ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has anyone received an invite to the forum?

I’ve received an email thanking me for registering to attend, but it’s so vaguely/poorly worded I’m not sure whether it’s an invite or not! ???

What's not clear ? Panel, timing, location, parking and Covid protocols all covered :shrug:

THANK YOU FOR REGISTERING FOR THE ANNUAL FANS FORUM

Brighton & Hove Albion's annual fans’ forum has been brought forward by 30 minutes to allow those attending to watch England's World Cup qualifier in Poland.

The event was originally scheduled to take place between 7pm and 8pm, but will now start at 6.30pm, with doors to the Mayo Wynne Baxter Lounge opening at 5.45pm.

The panel will include chairman Tony Bloom, deputy chairman and chief executive Paul Barber and head coach Graham Potter. The event will be hosted by Johnny Cantor and broadcast live on BBC Radio Sussex.

The event will conclude at 7.30pm, and the England game kicks off at 7.45pm and will be broadcast on the big screen and the bars will remain open until 9.30pm.

Attendees aged 18 and over may be asked to produce an NHS COVID Pass or proof of a negative lateral flow test alongside photographic ID to enter; and should also wear a face-covering while moving around inside, but may remove it once in their seat.

Additionally, you should also follow government guidelines and not attend if any of the following apply to you:

• you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
• someone you live with has symptoms or has tested positive
• you've been told you've been in contact with someone who tested positive and asked to self-isolate

Parking is available free of charge to those attending in Car Park A.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

It does seem as if Barber is making life so much more difficult for fans. That £20 charge (+£25 for membership) just to put a bum on seat when STH can't attend is ridiculous; it borders on greed. I do not understand why Barber would rather have an empty seat rather than a bum on it that might spend on refreshments and in the club shop but if that's the way his mind works, then fair enough. He won't be getting another £20 off of me.

And do we really need 95 pages - yes, that is 95 pages of T&Cs, rules & regulation?. There again, the more rules, the easier it is to fall foul of them. Barber could get away with that when we had a lengthy waiting list. Not so much today.

Then look at how much the club rips off fans for a replica shirt. I can't find recent numbers but back in 2016 EPL replica shirts were landed at £5 a pop. Assume the costs have doubled (but probably not now nike are using Uighur muslim labour). Adult shirt this season £52. Of course I want the club to make a profit from the sale of replica kit, they are a business, but 400% profit is taking the p*ss.

Then we have the travel issues that are even more in the spotlight in these covid times. The club still can't organise enough services with enough carriages to convey us to and from the AMEX. Does the club have a Service Level Agreement with Southern? If not, why not?

It's not what it used to be.

The club makes a relatively small % of shirts, the majority goes to Nike.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is it radio only or on zoom?

It’s a physical event with 200 attendees so no Zoom. Club might stream it live via YouTube though. (They’ve done this for previous events)
BBC are making it available live globally and then on demand via BBC Sounds or on actual radios if you prefer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They will want to get the striker issue done and dusted early doors, Graham’s happy with the squad especially with his striking options, two are made of glass and if the other one breaks :shrug: it’s a pointless task these fans forums no straight answers on the difficult questions.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They will want to get the striker issue done and dusted early doors, Graham’s happy with the squad especially with his striking options, two are made of glass and if the other one breaks :shrug: it’s a pointless task these fans forums no straight answers on the difficult questions.

Are you forgetting Big Jurg!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Last year, before DW signed, didnt GP say Ali J could play forward? Not the most pleasing answer perhaps but pretty straight forward.

I hope someone asks about it, to get some clues. Maybe he'll mention some player who is normally in a different position, or a youngster (Sarmiento perhaps?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports