Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went to one when at Withdean and it appears the same questions are asked and the same non committal answers given at each now as then but at least it does allow certain people to up their own ego by saying they attended. If I considered it served a useful purpose I would attend at The Amex but until then count me out.

We obviously view the event with different expectations and attitudes. I want to hear something or views that I didnt know or can find on the internet but am not decrying those who do go. I am sure there are many who go to be seen by the top table 3 as being there.

Don't judge other fans by your standards. You consider people go just to boost their egos? Really? :lolol:

So, you get seen by Paul Barber or Tony Bloom. How does that boost your ego? Wow, they saw me amongst 200 other people in a big lounge. I can die happy, or wait another 12 months and be seen again.
Do you honestly think that what other fans think?

Sorry, I've just realised I've suggested that you actually think rather than just belting out rubbish on your laptop.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I watched the whole forum live on YouTube and found it an interesting and enjoyable curtain raiser to the season. I was pleased to hear direct from Tony Bloom before I found formal external confirmation of Montoya's signing. I think Chris seems much more relaxed and open with his views and ways of working. I appreciated all 3 turning out on a Thursday before the season kicks off when they might have preferred to relax at home with a glass of red after the last day of the transfer window. I'm always going to groan inside at one or two of the questions, but not every fan duplicates my outlook and and if they have a question, let them ask. Next stop the list of 25, then bring on Watford.

Same for me - mostly decent Youtube stream and good to see 'the management' so relaxed. Agree CH in particular seems completely on top of things (don't ask me why, can't put my finger on it but he just looks very happy and confident in his work). Some of the questions were the annual diary cards coming out (more capacity, tactics at corners and away tickets) which were batted away pretty well despite how tedious the team must find them. The clown who asked about way ticket availability (of course he's been a STH 'since the Goldstone' but can't get anyway was closed down pretty quickly by being told Liverpool and Southampton tickets were still available which was good. PB was questioned about the forum on the radio earlier in the day - general view among the presenters was that BHA do a brilliant job of engaging with fans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We obviously view the event with different expectations and attitudes. I want to hear something or views that I didnt know or can find on the internet but am not decrying those who do go. I am sure there are many who go to be seen by the top table 3 as being there.

Here we go again :nono::shootself:facepalm:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Is the club not having one this year ?
Always good to hear people question Potter’s tactics from corners and complaints about flasks
and bag sizes.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Always good to hear people question Potter’s tactics from corners and complaints about flasks
and bag sizes.

Now that the ground HAS been expanded, questions are running low.

Might end up as two hours of 'I don't have a smartphone......'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
and bag sizes.
It only seems yesterday that they had a low key one which they didn't do much media coverage of.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
It only seems yesterday that they had a low key one which they didn't do much media coverage of.

Really ?
A forum with no fans and no radio coverage, unless I missed it.

As an aside, good to see BensGrandad posts in the thread from before, with the usual put down replies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really ?
A forum with no fans and no radio coverage, unless I missed it.

As an aside, good to see BensGrandad posts in the thread from before, with the usual put down replies.
Yes, I was sort of expecting a video but I don't remember ever seeing one. Not sure when it was. Time flies and it may even have been last summer.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Expect SNAFFLING to feature, along with anti-SNAFFLING measures and proposed sanctions for SNAFFLERS.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It’ll mainly be about this seasons pie flavours

I’m also still waiting to know when the ESU mens toilet floors will be cleaned properly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be top of the agenda as usual

Maybe if I mention I was a STH at the Goldstone and used to walk to Gillingham and back I’ll get some answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A reminder that the forum is This Wednesday (Sept 8th) live on Radio Sussex - 7pm-8pm

For non UK Albion fans - it will be live globally and in the UK via BBC Sounds.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09t8d6w

Guests are Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Graham Potter.

its presented by Radio Sussex Albion commentator and presenter - Johnny Cantor.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am a season ticket holder of <insert x number of years> question for Paul, can you please confirm the exact reduction in the number of meat filled pies available on a match day and how much this shortage has contributed to us missing out on a striker this summer?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A reminder that the forum is This Wednesday (Sept 8th) live on Radio Sussex - 8pm - 9pm

For non UK Albion fans - it will be live globally and in the UK via BBC Sounds.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09t8d6w

Guests are Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Graham Potter.

its presented by Radio Sussex Albion commentator and presenter - Johnny Cantor.

Good thinking to clash it with the England game. That should weed out a few of the nutters.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Would be a good time for PB to reinforce the message to supporters on the relevant protocols at the stadium to keep all fellow supporters and employees of the club safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here