Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Didn't actually hear the broardcast but have read alot of post on the subject. How the hell can the club determine how many disabled parking spaces will be needed. Morevover those wingers should look at where we are now compaired to the last 14 years. I for one would like to shake the hand of MP, TB, and GP good times ahead.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
What if the driver is a disabled person?

Methinks we have some fans with unrealistic understanding of disabilities.

So you want perfection? Is perfection realistic? We probably have the best disabled facilities in the UK for a stadium and you feel its realistic to cater for eveyones needs? An old chinese proverb says you can please most people most of the time but you can't please everyone all of the time.

Didn't actually hear the broardcast but have read alot of post on the subject. How the hell can the club determine how many disabled parking spaces will be needed.
Maybe by complying with the recommendations laid down in the Accessibility Standards guidelines that have been endorsed by the National Association of Disabled Supporters?

They haven't.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
No we don't. We aren't even catering for the needs that have been drawn to the Club's attention.

Ok - I'm willing to listen and be persuaded. In what way has the club not complied with the recommendations laid down in the Accessibility Standards guidelines that have been endorsed by the National Association of Disabled Supporters?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Trying to listen to it but can't find it on BBC Sussex and it doesn't seem to be working on Seagulls player... has anyone got a link or advice for me?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I understand that there will be teething problems and that moaning right now is very unjustified, but the club will have to sort these niggles out (ticket site, queues) pretty quickly or it will snowball into something much bigger. People expect very good service these days for their pounds.

Ok - I'm willing to listen and be persuaded. In what way has the club not complied with the recommendations laid down in the Accessibility Standards guidelines that have been endorsed by the National Association of Disabled Supporters?
BS 8300 – Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people – Code of Practice

The planning consent for the stadium requires 2,000 – 2,200 parking spaces to be provided within 1.5 kilometres. BS 8300 advises that, whilst 6 per cent of total car parking capacity should be allocated to disabled users of leisure and recreational facilities generally, this figure should be higher for stadium parking (because all potential users need the facility at the same time). This is a requirement for more than 130 Blue Badge parking spaces at the Amex Community Stadium.

The Club claim to be providing 70 disabled parking spaces - although, prior to today, they were stating that the figure was 46.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anyone got Martin perry's email, coz I want to email him on behalf of 90% of Albion fans and appologise for what just happened

Absolutely this

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
As much as I cringed at times isn't this the point of a fans forum? To hear the fans concerns etc? No point in it if people only turn up and praise everyone? (not that they don't deserve it)

Yes they've done amazing and I'm sure everyone is hugely thankful and has the highest respect, If you hold a fans forum to hear the fans views you have to expect some negative too.

This, entirely. An hour of arse licking is not what these fans' forums are designed for.

I didn't listen, tonight, but from what I'm aware, the dialogue between the club and disabled fans has been pretty appalling, and thanks to a lack of replies to their emails, letters and phone calls, the fans' forum was the only way their opinions could be voiced.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As much as I cringed at times isn't this the point of a fans forum? To hear the fans concerns etc? No point in it if people only turn up and praise everyone? (not that they don't deserve it)

Yes they've done amazing and I'm sure everyone is hugely thankful and has the highest respect, If you hold a fans forum to hear the fans views you have to expect some negative too.

Excellent post. Everyones chuffed to pieces about the stadium but that doesn't mean, when invited to, we shouldn't share the occasional piece of constructive criticism too.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
BS 8300 – Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people – Code of Practice

The planning consent for the stadium requires 2,000 – 2,200 parking spaces to be provided within 1.5 kilometres. BS 8300 advises that, whilst 6 per cent of total car parking capacity should be allocated to disabled users of leisure and recreational facilities generally, this figure should be higher for stadium parking (because all potential users need the facility at the same time). This is a requirement for more than 130 Blue Badge parking spaces at the Amex Community Stadium.

The Club claim to be providing 70 disabled parking spaces - although, prior to today, they were stating that the figure was 46.

Its all just advice and guidelines though isn't it, they are not obliged to comply with it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't listen tonight as I was playing golf.

I'm not surprised that there was some negativity but am surprised it doesn't sound like it was proportionate. Surely in putting thus event on the club knew there would be questions like this. But equally shouldnt there have been more talk about the playing side?

And specifically what did Perry say about NSC? I think he needs to wake up to the fact it's full of Albion fans who care and has become a vital source of information for so many unable to get through to the club.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
This club has really been through the mill. The effort by fans and the new board has been top drawer. We now have a stadium in which many more can support our team, and this is all thanks to Dick and Tony. Dick for orchestrating our survival, and Tony for taking us to the next level. So please don't take this comment as a whinge about the state of our club - I have not been more excited about a new season in 30 years.

However, and before many whinge, there is some pretty poor treatment of disabled supporters,which includes my disabled son. I've said before that I genuially do not believe this is done knowingly, but the club have not seemed to respond to the issues presented before them.

These supporters are the most vulnerable of people, and BHA can be a focus for many of them, including my lad. I have to say that the club have been responsble for my sons greatest days of his life - he was mascot at the Leeds game 2 yrs ago (whilst he could still walk - now he can't), and met with Gus and team at Warwick Services on the way home from Walsall.

However, there have been representations to the club over the last 4/5 months and nothing has been forthcoming. The disappointment from many disabled supporters in terms of seating options and travel arrangements has already been voiced directly to the club and in confidence, without involving public forums such as tonight.

Until, with 4 days to go to the first game, many, many disabled supporters (my son included, having paid for 1901 because the other remaining disabled seating options were so poor) still don't know whether they can get to the game, and let known their concerns publically.

Really sorry that this pissed on peoples fireworks, but given being ignored (or placed on back burner) for 4/5 months, there had to be an outlet - tonight was it. The club really should have seen it coming. As I said earlier, I believe it has not been done conciously, and that the club will respond accordingly. Thanks to those that raised the points.

On the pitch - so looking forward to new season. Off the pitch - please fully engage the disabled community in the build. The stuff you do with AITC is worthy of all the medals and plaudits you so justly deserve. Do the right thing by these guys.

Sep 1, 2010
I didn't listen tonight as I was playing golf.

I'm not surprised that there was some negativity but am surprised it doesn't sound like it was proportionate. Surely in putting thus event on the club knew there would be questions like this. But equally shouldnt there have been more talk about the playing side?

And specifically what did Perry say about NSC? I think he needs to wake up to the fact it's full of Albion fans who care and has become a vital source of information for so many unable to get through to the club.

from what i gathered, it seems after speaking to Mr Brown this evening, it is more to do the a certain element of NSC, i.e, the hearsay rather than the factual. I am sure they are bright enough to know that there will always be a internet forum of some sort and within that there is good and bad

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
They do have to comply with it as it's the law. My brother is a building surveyor and has been saying it to various people at the club. What I don't understand is how the club think that they are complying with it by putting the 70 spaces at the University. I think if they look at it a little bit more they need to be a certain distance away and the spaces at the University are not. Paul Rogers wasn't even aware that the West Stand Disabled area (North End) could only be accesssed via the North Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here