Fans forum 1/8/13

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So did Gus throw his toys out of the pram after being refused permission to leave?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With regard to the GP situation, presumably no one asked if he has submitted a claim against the club for unfair dismissal or such like since he lost the appeal under the clubs internal procedures. Would imagine that it would be dead in the water unless he denies the telephone call prior to the Palace game!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With regard to the GP situation, presumably no one asked if he has submitted a claim against the club for unfair dismissal or such like since he lost the appeal under the clubs internal procedures. Would imagine that it would be dead in the water unless he denies the telephone call prior to the Palace game!!!

How? If the club have fired him for gross misconduct on the basis he asked to go in the summer (but would be fine with leaving the next day) they would lose. Gus can admit to that phone call and he'd still win his claim if that is the basis for "gross misconduct". Asking to go is not misconduct, let alone gross misconduct. The phone call itself means nothing. It is the untold story. The things that happened afterwards that Tony refused to go into that would be important.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

TB said this was the trigger for what happened afterwards which he couldn't comment on , sounds like Gus doesn't have a cat in hells chance in taking it further in terms of winning any compo.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
TB said this was the trigger for what happened afterwards which he couldn't comment on , sounds like Gus doesn't have a cat in hells chance in taking it further in terms of winning any compo.

I hope the Club get a chance to screw money out of Poyet for his breach of contract.

Oh well, where are all the Poyer lickers now then? Ha ha - told you what I thought he was like, and I was right!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
My only concern was Bloom's comment about only being hopeful of signing a couple of players before the window closes as I'd say we need 3-4 if we want to make the play-offs.

Two is better than none....and if your knowledge of football, and players is so great..did you put in a CV to the club when we were looking for Gus's replacement ? They will be devastated that you slipped through the net .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont we all.....but surely that depends on whether Park and Ride, and the trains will be running . It was the reason last seasons Boxing Day match was cancelled (moved).....so nothing can change until trains and buses run again on Boxing Day !

I think the club have already approached the train and bus companies with regard to providing an adequate service provision on a Boxing Day which will cost the club a fortune.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope the Club get a chance to screw money out of Poyet for his breach of contract.

Oh well, where are all the Poyer lickers now then? Ha ha - told you what I thought he was like, and I was right!

Yes it all finished badly and he was shown in his true colours, but it still cannot erase what he achieved at the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont we all.....but surely that depends on whether Park and Ride, and the trains will be running . It was the reason last seasons Boxing Day match was cancelled (moved).....so nothing can change until trains and buses run again on Boxing Day !

If the unions have any say in it there wont be any because it upsets what their members agreed to when they joined the company. Until recent years there was always trains on Boxing Day and I can also remember there being a few on Christmas Day in my young days.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Two is better than none....and if your knowledge of football, and players is so great..did you put in a CV to the club when we were looking for Gus's replacement ? They will be devastated that you slipped through the net .

I did but am still waiting for a reply from the club.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Until recent years there was always trains on Boxing Day and I can also remember there being a few on Christmas Day in my young days.

ot01[1].jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not quite that old but would be interested if somebody knew (a) when they stopped running on Boxing Day (b) when they last run on Christmas Day. There must be a train nerd on here who knows the answers.

I googled it and came up with Daily Mail headline from 2008 saying that trains were set to run 365 days a year for the first time since the 60s but obviously it didnt happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports