Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans forum 1/8/13

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I thought all of the panel came across very well.

Mostly sane questions, bar the one about us buying our own trains FFS

Good (if predictable) question about Barca, Frutos.

Note to anyone: caterers pay us, not the other way round.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
're the kit manufacturer 'We are Brighton' said it was confirmed as adidas?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
My only concern was Bloom's comment about only being hopeful of signing a couple of players before the window closes as I'd say we need 3-4 if we want to make the play-offs.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good (if predictable) question about Barca, Frutos.

Note to anyone: caterers pay us, not the other way round.

I'm a Barca fan and Oscar was there....I couldn't NOT mention them!

I thought it was a fair answer from both Tony and Oscar.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2 weeks before di canio appointed Sunderland manager sounds like Gus wanted out was he in the running for that job?

Or tapped up by a club who eventually got promotion ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My only concern was Bloom's comment about only being hopeful of signing a couple of players before the window closes as I'd say we need 3-4 if we want to make the play-offs.

Don't think I agree with you there, Beefster. Two will do. Besides, loans (which I think will account for most new players this year) are still available after the window shuts.
I thought Tony came across as pretty confident of a promotion-challenge.

Feb 12, 2013
Perhaps you should guess. Gus wanted to leave and he wanted to manage in Premiership. Read between the lines.

Yeah obviously we all knew that but 2 things: Why didn't he then go to Reading? Secondly, Bloom said they had an 'excellent working relationship for just over 3 years' this must imply something happened - maybe Poyet got tired of of constant interference from Burke

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yeah obviously we all knew that but 2 things: Why didn't he then go to Reading? Secondly, Bloom said they had an 'excellent working relationship for just over 3 years' this must imply something happened - maybe Poyet got tired of of constant interference from Burke

Or maybe the relationship broke down after his manager calls him at home, four days before the biggest game of the season and tells him he wants to leave the next day. ???

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Don't think I agree with you there, Beefster. Two will do. Besides, loans (which I think will account for most new players this year) are still available after the window shuts.
I thought Tony came across as pretty confident of a promotion-challenge.

I reckon left back, creative midfielder and striker (now that Hoskins is out for a while) would be sufficient.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does that idiot realise how much trains cost and how much track access costs ? Would be cheaper to pay for everyone to go by taxi

He'll be asking about the club providing a monorail at next year's forum :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon left back, creative midfielder and striker (now that Hoskins is out for a while) would be sufficient.

Could even get away with a LB and ST as permanent signings and the rest to come in as loanees.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

From Andy Naylor's Argus piece:

"It got triggered by a phone call that he made to me four days before the first League game against Crystal Palace at home in March, when he phoned me up and made it clear to me he wanted to leave at the end of the season and he didn't want to discuss it at all and he said that if he could leave the next day that would be fine.

"This was hugely shocking to me and it was something I had to manage betwen then and the end of the season, because obviously the key was the players and the team and our promotion push and I didn't want anything to get in the way of that.

"And then lots of things happened between then and the end of the season, which I don't want to discuss."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here