Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Good idea, don't want any bias involved, like an entire message board voting for 3 posters simply because they are on NSC together :D

You do realise that all 3 of you are getting a ton of votes due to bias right now? :lolol:

Fair comment, but it's bias based on what we've been able to post, rather than due to what we look or sound like.

I'm sure the other candidates have their own circle of influence that they will have mobilised.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Good idea, don't want any bias involved, like an entire message board voting for 3 posters simply because they are on NSC together :D

You do realise that all 3 of you are getting a ton of votes due to bias right now? :lolol:

Fair point, but that’s how all of these sort of things work, people will be influenced one way or the other by something, if people want to vote for me solely because I post on NSC then so be it, that’s their decision. I would hope that people would vote for me because they’ve read what I’ve said on here and agree or like what I have to say. In all honesty if someone else gets it, while I’d love to do it, it doesn’t bother me, looking at the candidates they’d all be great for the job.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'd be interested to know what you, or any of the applicants, see as priorities or potential areas of focus you'd like the FAB to handle? Apologies if this has already been outlined elsewhere. Feel free to post on here or pm.

Well I have to say from what I can guess it entails, I’ll certainly be wanting to get involved with decisions involving away supporters, a few things have frustrated me this season in regards to allocations and releasing tickets. I think the number one thing for me is getting people into the stadium and bums on seats which I personally think has been a big issue this season. I want the home atmosphere to be really good, and I get we’ve lacked this season on that front. Amongst other things, I’d love to see a good way to increase attendances at Women’s games, food and drink options, outdoor toilets, ways to get those with a more disadvantaged background from the community into attending games and of course I want them to build a massive statue of Mark McGhee outside the stadium.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I’ll certainly be wanting to get involved with decisions involving away supporters, a few things have frustrated me this season in regards to allocations and releasing tickets. I

Good luck with that, but no doubt PB will say as he has many times, the club can not afford to leave many away tickets unsold, and the release of blocks is down to the home club not the Albion.

So good intentions, but as these seem to be red lines how is your desire achievable.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Good luck with that, but no doubt PB will say as he has many times, the club can not afford to leave many away tickets unsold, and the release of blocks is down to the home club not the Albion.

So good intentions, but as these seem to be red lines how is your desire achievable.

I’m sure they will be red lines, and that doesn’t bother me, like I said it’s one of many things I’m interested in. If it involves absolutely nothing to do with it, so be it, someone asked me what I’d be liking to get from it and that’s what I stated. We don’t really know what it will entail.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Passing the baton onto the next generation, I would be delighted to see my son, Sebastian Samrah, to be voted onto the FAB along with Hiney & Barry Izbak. Sebastian has a very good pedigree and is a realist as to what can or cannot be achieved by the FAB. Thank you. 2021-06-06 Sebastian & Daddy at Elliotts.jpg

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
It is less of an issue now but for a few seasons the plight of exiled fans was pretty woeful and in need of representation. Many people from Brighton go to University in the North of England, including family members of the Albion hierarchy. The inability for genuine lifelong exiled fans to get an away ticket when you knew full well that STHs were buying them and passing them on was frustrating. The ticketing policy is still the number one fan issue, particularly at home. We hardly ever seem to have an actual full house anymore which needs to be properly addressed by the elected fan representatives. UTA.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It is less of an issue now but for a few seasons the plight of exiled fans was pretty woeful and in need of representation. Many people from Brighton go to University in the North of England, including family members of the Albion hierarchy. The inability for genuine lifelong exiled fans to get an away ticket when you knew full well that STHs were buying them and passing them on was frustrating. The ticketing policy is still the number one fan issue, particularly at home. We hardly ever seem to have an actual full house anymore which needs to be properly addressed by the elected fan representatives. UTA.

I went to university in Huddersfield so I can definitely relate to it

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Passing the baton onto the next generation, I would be delighted to see my son, Sebastian Samrah, to be voted onto the FAB along with Hiney & Barry Izbak. Sebastian has a very good pedigree and is a realist as to what can or cannot be achieved by the FAB. Thank you.View attachment 147543

I've voted for all three.
I voted for Sebastian on the strength of his surname. I know he comes from good Albion stock.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If you are eligible to vote, but haven't already done so, the closing date for the Fan Advisory Board elections is this Friday, 13th.

It would be great if you could vote for me in the MyAlbion+ category, and Messrs Summers, Stephenson & Samrah in the STH section.

Thank you x

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I personally think the current ticketing system is, in principle, fair and equitable. How do you propose the club address “ the plight of exiled fans”?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The vote closed a week ago so when are the results due to be announced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here