Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Board Representatives .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There were two other sections in the application where there was no restriction on the number of words.

I echo what [MENTION=4190]Barry Izbak[/MENTION] says. If elected, we have a chance, however small, to make a difference in the way fans interact/communicate with the club. Having an actual presence in meetings will give the group an opportunity to debate the issues and put points of view over, IMO much more effectively than via E Mail, fan forums etc.

I hope I'm given a chance to contribute to this process.:thumbsup:

Hope you’ll give us some thoughts on here as to how it goes too……..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There were two other sections in the application where there was no restriction on the number of words.

I echo what [MENTION=4190]Barry Izbak[/MENTION] says. If elected, we have a chance, however small, to make a difference in the way fans interact/communicate with the club. Having an actual presence in meetings will give the group an opportunity to debate the issues and put points of view over, IMO much more effectively than via E Mail, fan forums etc.

I hope I'm given a chance to contribute to this process.:thumbsup:
You have a vote from me!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So there are at least 3 NSCers who could be on the Board if we all vote for them.

Bozza......If they get in and if they agree, would it be worth considering a ' Fans Advisory Board ' sub forum where we could have communications, discussions, and raise appropriate issues with those folks....?

Who is the 3rd? I've got Nigel Summers and Ian Hine so far on this thread...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thought this from the start. Wait for the first ‘unpopular’ change made by the club that’s accompanied by ‘…….and this change has the full backing of the FAB (which as you know is a strong representation across our entire fanbase)’

Will be interesting if the club publish the number of people who actually vote in this process, lots of people I have spoken to are just not interested in voting,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I would welcome your votes people

...a vote from me!

I'd recommed you all lend your votes to the fabulous [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] / Uncle Hiney / Ian Hine, of HineyArt fame.

How do you get to vote for hiney on this?

I'll certainly be voting for Nigel, and Hiney too, of course

CD7146bUkAIOPdo.png

" [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] ............. you've got 4 yeses!"

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
They should have given each a couple of minutes of video time to state their case and posted the clips…….

They didn't do this for the same reason they didn't post pictures - it could have generated bias.

It's not a perfect process but at least its A process, with the result being that there will be fan representation at the highest levels of the club. None of the candidates know exactly what it will look like and I'm sure that as things progress, there will be tweaks.

Along with [MENTION=4190]Barry Izbak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21244]jackalbion[/MENTION] I want to be a part of this so if you are eligible to vote but haven't done so yet, please put your ticks against our names.

Thank you

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
They should have given each a couple of minutes of video time to state their case and posted the clips…….

I think as [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] says it would invoke bias, but it was quite hard to put into 50 words what I'd like to say. I must have written almost 500 in the other sections about why I'd like to do it. I did something 'campaigning' at the weekend at wolves to state my case and on the 19.14 Moor Street to Marylebone. But if anyone does want to ask me about it, I usually hang around in the North Stand after the game, as well as WSU and the Prince Albert pre match, so if you do want to ask me why I want to do it, don't be afraid to say hello!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The problem is from the information provided it’s very difficult to differentiate between the candidates.

Absolutely agree. If you don't know the individuals all you have to decide is the name, and the fact they love the Albion. That basically means you'll vote for those you know of, either personally or through social media. That doesn't seem right to me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think as [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] says it would invoke bias, but it was quite hard to put into 50 words what I'd like to say. I must have written almost 500 in the other sections about why I'd like to do it. I did something 'campaigning' at the weekend at wolves to state my case and on the 19.14 Moor Street to Marylebone. But if anyone does want to ask me about it, I usually hang around in the North Stand after the game, as well as WSU and the Prince Albert pre match, so if you do want to ask me why I want to do it, don't be afraid to say hello!

I'd be interested to know what you, or any of the applicants, see as priorities or potential areas of focus you'd like the FAB to handle? Apologies if this has already been outlined elsewhere. Feel free to post on here or pm.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely agree. If you don't know the individuals all you have to decide is the name, and the fact they love the Albion. That basically means you'll vote for those you know of, either personally or through social media. That doesn't seem right to me.

…or absolutely avoid voting for those you know in some cases :whistle::wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] got my vote.

If I could give a shout out to Pauline Anderson for the 1901 vote. Very sensible, passionate about the Albion goes home and away and been a supporter for some time.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

It's tricky for sure. And the fact you have to use all 8 votes doesn't help. But this is how its set up. You can either be part of it, or not. I know what I'd rather do.

Of course not all the candidates post on NSC so some sort of forum will only get responses from those who are here.

And as others have said you don't always want to vote for someone just because you know them. Sometimes just the opposite.:lolol:

Maybe one of the things the FAB can influence is the process for when they run this again.

If you want to know what Nigel Summers thinks are important, ask me.

Or read Build A Bonfire, or listen to previous editions of The Albion Roar or Albion Unlimited, or join the Supporters Club and get all the back issues of the monthly newsletter.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
They didn't do this for the same reason they didn't post pictures - it could have generated bias.

It's not a perfect process but at least its A process, with the result being that there will be fan representation at the highest levels of the club. None of the candidates know exactly what it will look like and I'm sure that as things progress, there will be tweaks.

Along with [MENTION=4190]Barry Izbak[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21244]jackalbion[/MENTION] I want to be a part of this so if you are eligible to vote but haven't done so yet, please put your ticks against our names.

Thank you

Good idea, don't want any bias involved, like an entire message board voting for 3 posters simply because they are on NSC together :D

You do realise that all 3 of you are getting a ton of votes due to bias right now? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here