Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous Brighton Fans

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Actually I'm putting together a list of 'what comics support what teams' and it's fairly evenly distributed.

Not many funny people who lean towards Albion, I'm afraid; though when comedians come to Brighton for the weekend I do drag them along to home games. I'll convert a few soon, promise.

Please can you get Reginald D Hunter in to being an Albion fan. That would LITERALLY make my day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please can you get Reginald D Hunter in to being an Albion fan. That would LITERALLY make my day.

and Michael McIntyre, the binfest on NSC would be worth whatever it took

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
and Michael McIntyre, the binfest on NSC would be worth whatever it took

What would be worse? McIntyre sat in the 1901 club drinking Real Ale and having worked out how to use the online ticketing system or Jordan sat in the north stand drinking lager and losing her smart card each week?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What would be worse? McIntyre sat in the 1901 club drinking Real Ale and having worked out how to use the online ticketing system or Jordan sat in the north stand drinking lager and losing her smart card each week?

Indeed Jordan with all the older 1901 club members cringingly drooling all over her, whilst NSC 1901 members would be picking a fight with "smug" McIntyre

I've just remembered that Raymond Briggs (author of "The Snowman") is not only a celebrity fan but also posts on this very board under the alias of, um, raymondbriggs. Is it really you?? Possibly may be of interest that "Snowman" decorated loo paper and kitchen roll is being knocked out at Morrisons at £2.50 for two packs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
No, according to Wikipedia he is also "currently the face and voice of Sussex-based MOT company Just MOT's" and he was in Eastenders for 4 days in 2007.

The work has obviously been pouring in.

Drinks in the Plough in Rottingdean.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, according to Wikipedia he is also "currently the face and voice of Sussex-based MOT company Just MOT's" and he was in Eastenders for 4 days in 2007.

The work has obviously been pouring in.

According to IMDB, he's been one TV programme or film every year since leaving the Bill. He also does a lot of pantos and was touring some whodunnit not so long ago.

He's not rolling in it but I bet he does OK

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
This bloke...

di_burnside_chris_ellison.jpg

Yeah!!! This bloke is a Millwall fan, who lives next to Hove Rec.

Hold on a minute by this logic!

Heather Mills lives in Hove, she was married to Paul Maccer so therefore....

John and Yoko are Albion fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 2, 2009
To reply to 'Alex Dawson' The Blue Ship will never be as good as when Dick and Eileen Mansfield stumbled through running the Blue Ship in the seventies.
They had a proper bar billiards and darts team and approximated all bar bills and had to be reminded they hadnt charged enough. Their old sitting room is now one of the bar areas you can now sit and eat at! Not right but at least the beer, although not K&B is still out of the barrel! Shame I now live on the outskirts of Reading and dont get enough chances to revisit.
One of Harry Enfields old characters in the flat cap who always said - 'you dont want to do it like that you want to do it like this' etc was based upon his old next door neighbour Derek Evans unhappily long deceased who was extremely entertaining to talk to as a mickey taking teenager.
Harry was always a bit of a solitary character no doubt due to his plethora of noisy sisters and an extremely bossy and scarey mother - no wonder he spent most of his free time walking his whippet and trying to kick around with us farm boys!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Stephen Grant - "not my real name - fingers up" AKA Comedy Steve should be counted. He's famous to everyone who's ever been to Komedia.

No debate over his love of the club.

Peter Brackley's daughter used to work at Amex.

and I have no doubt the new stadium will bring in a few celebs who live locally.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
mistahclarke;3790451 and I have no doubt the new stadium will bring in a few celebs who live locally.[/QUOTE said:
Just remembered one. Robert Bathurst has been seen at Withdean and he's someone who lives locally.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Newbie alert!!

Bournemouth fan here - first post in peace of I hope a few, although the way you are going, you will be in pastures new very soon! Well an impressive list, although I agree there is probably a core of proper fans with some hangers on.

Ours is poor - Ken Bailey is dead, Matt Tong (drummer from Bloc Party - cherries scarf seen in 'so here we are' video), Jamie Redknapp, Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart?? and a few other z listers!

We did claim Jayne Middlemiss from the Geordies for a month, as she stood in the away end at Brentford with us once and loved it so much LOL. Well she did say it

Also - Jamie Theakston said he was in a gang called 'The Dukes of Hassocks' when he was a kid:lolol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bournemouth fan here - first post in peace of I hope a few, although the way you are going, you will be in pastures new very soon! Well an impressive list, although I agree there is probably a core of proper fans with some hangers on.

Ours is poor - Ken Bailey is dead, Matt Tong (drummer from Bloc Party - cherries scarf seen in 'so here we are' video), Jamie Redknapp, Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart?? and a few other z listers!

We did claim Jayne Middlemiss from the Geordies for a month, as she stood in the away end at Brentford with us once and loved it so much LOL. Well she did say it

Also - Jamie Theakston said he was in a gang called 'The Dukes of Hassocks' when he was a kid:lolol:

ed stewpot stewart is everton through and through isnt he.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Bournemouth fan here - first post in peace of I hope a few, although the way you are going, you will be in pastures new very soon!

......Also - Jamie Theakston said he was in a gang called 'The Dukes of Hassocks' when he was a kid:lolol:

Welcome to you! The Cherries have had a decent re-introduction to the division. Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job. Have enjoyed seeing you up in the mix...though I won't mention your ref-assisted luckiness vs us at Withers the other week....Oh I just did! :wink:

The Dukes Of Hassocks! ... :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here