Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous Brighton Fans

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Michael Fanstone, off of Premier Christian Radio, and formerly Classic FM and BBC Radio Kent.

Sort of:

He supports Liverpool Football Club, but still has a soft spot for Brighton & Hove Albion.

fanstone240.ashx

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Charlie Watts ( drummer...some nondescript band....." Rolling...something "....)

I don't think the fact that he once lived in Sussex makes him a Brighton fan.

I once lived in Norwood but I didn't become a Palace fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems that we have more Z list than A list celebrity fans tbh

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't Harry Enfield a Brighton fan?

Jan Leeming - (ex newsreader)

Some of these mentioned fall into the 'Norman Wisdom' category of people who support us but also have a 'first' team. Mark Williams is I believe a Villa fan at heart, and that bloke from The Bill who played Inspector Burnside is a Chelsea fan.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Peter Cleall (Duffy from Please Sir) definitely did/does. I used to stand near him on the Chicken Run

He was my first 'celebrity spot', back when I was about 10 or so - around 1972. Coming out of Westdene Primary School my mate spots someone coming out of the County Library above the school. "Hey, it's Duffy from the Fenn Street Gang!" (spin-off of Please Sir!) he shouts. So we dashed over and got his autograph, suitably star-struck - even me, even though I never watched it so I hadn't got a bloody clue he was...

A moment only bettered a couple of years later when Patrick Macnee (John Steed) sat in the same row as us in the Connaught Theatre in Worthing... I've no idea who he supports though.

I think the point being made by this thread is that, as a Brighton supporter, you have to have your threshhold for what consitutes a 'celebrity fan' set pretty low. I've never heard of most of the people mentioned above.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Authur of the Roy Grace novels - Peter James (well he may not be a fan but I saw him at Withdean once)

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
It's an undeniable truth that God supports the Albion.

Back in the day he also took his only son, the Babby Jesus, to watch from the North Stand. In the eighties.

:hilton:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So in summation we have about four celebrity fans - Jon Snow, FBS, Des Lynham and Tom Petty's drummer. Let's get real here - Jamie Theakston, Simon Cowell, Jordan and Chris Eubank don't even know what football is, and certainly don't give a flying fug about the Albion. Other Z list celebs on this thread have been linked to our marvellous club by the most tenuous links possible, just by having been born in Sussex, once lived here, or moved here from London. Next we'll be trying to claim that violin virtuoso Nigel Kennedy's second club is BHA out of sheer desperation.

:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Let's get real here - Jamie Theakston, Simon Cowell, Jordan and Chris Eubank don't even know what football is

Totally wrong about Jamie Theakston. I saw him once at a party and he spoke to me for some time about Sussex and the Albion - much to the annoyance of people who wanted to talk luvvie with him. He seemed far happier talking about sport than making other small talk. And he was very well-informed about the Albion.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Totally wrong about Jamie Theakston. I saw him once at a party and he spoke to me for some time about Sussex and the Albion - much to the annoyance of people who wanted to talk luvvie with him. He seemed far happier talking about sport than making other small talk. And he was very well-informed about the Albion.

Wow, surprised by that. Is he Ditchling born and bred?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wow, surprised by that. Is he Ditchling born and bred?

He was born and brought up there.

I'd scarcely heard of the guy before I met him - I knew he was vaguely famous - but he's an absolute sports nut. His main interest is cricket - he's an avid Sussex fan but, as I said, clearly knows his football and the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here