Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous Albion fans

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Adam Pitts,drummer in Lawson and the reason my Daughter came to the Amex as I discovered. A really good bloke even though he is a drummer and has time to chat to both me about football and Daughter about the band. No ego at all.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Steve Ferrone (drummer with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers). When they played during the half-time show at the Superbowl, he wore an Albion hat.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Johnathan Pearce and his 2 sons are in the same 1901 lounge. Think he is a Bristol city fan, but has a love for the albion as he jumps up when we score. His 2 boys are defiant fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a tenuous list. With the exception of Des Lynam, Fat Boy, the late Norman Wisdom , Sid Sloane and possibly one of the Rizzle Kicks (?) the rest of them seem to have been occasional or champagne fans at best.

How many were at Hereford? That's what I want to know.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a tenuous list. With the exception of Des Lynam, Fat Boy, the late Norman Wisdom , Sid Sloane and possibly one of the Rizzle Kicks (?) the rest of them seem to have been occasional or champagne fans at best.

How many were at Hereford? That's what I want to know.

As I said, Peter Cleall was a regular fan as he stood in front of me many times. And Jamie Theakston certainly is, I met him at a party once and he knew a lot about the Albion and was clearly a regular (knew even more about Sussex)

Not sure that being at Hereford is any guide though: I wasn't at Hereford and I've been going for nearly 50 years and I was a STH at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Roger Daltrey is a STH, but I think he's more of an Arsenal fan.

Can't believe no one has used this as an excuse to post the Louise Redknapp or Frankie Bridge in brighton shirt photos.

Or Katie Price when she was known as Jordan, not as nice as the 2 you have mentioned obviously, but there was a photo of Jordan in an Albion kit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(John) Aden Gillett who played the role of Jack Maddox on the BBC series The House of Eliott . . . . .

Well, I used to work with him at the Royal Pavillion Tavern (Shades bar) in 1979, and bumped into him at Priestfield once.

Blimey, this barrel is very shallow; I think I scraped the bottom of it with the tip of my nose when I peeked into it :lolol:

ps - yes, I used to see 'Duffy' at the Goldstone often.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I'm sure I saw Leo Sayer being interviewed once, proclaiming to be an Albion fan.

There was no mention of Shoreham Airport though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Johnathan Pearce and his 2 sons are in the same 1901 lounge. Think he is a Bristol city fan, but has a love for the albion as he jumps up when we score. His 2 boys are defiant fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Pearce was a Chelsea fan?

As I said, Peter Cleall was a regular fan as he stood in front of me many times. And Jamie Theakston certainly is, I met him at a party once and he knew a lot about the Albion and was clearly a regular (knew even more about Sussex)

Not sure that being at Hereford is any guide though: I wasn't at Hereford and I've been going for nearly 50 years and I was a STH at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

Don't worry it was a tongue-in-cheek comment as a typical yardstick by which some fans are happy to judge others. Not to be taken seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here