Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

Will Falmer be open for August 2010?

• Total voters

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Experience of our own struggle to get the stadium so far, and the wider world of building delays through the years, tells us we should be prepared for further delays, albeit perhaps small(ish) but for some strange reason I'm optimistic that our luck will finally change and we will suffer no significant delays.

However, I've voted 'probably' on the poll and note with interest that this is the popular view. A nod to an air of cautious optimism, perhaps?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
looking at the picture of the inside of the ground, it looks like the pitch will be very shadowy! This is a shame as it wont look good when we are on television every week. Isnt there a way to design the stadium to reduce the way shadows creep onto the pitch?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There certainly is a way. Make the stands about 200yds from the pitch.

Have you ever seen a shadow cast onto the pitch from the away stand at Withers?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
looking at the picture of the inside of the ground, it looks like the pitch will be very shadowy! This is a shame as it wont look good when we are on television every week. Isnt there a way to design the stadium to reduce the way shadows creep onto the pitch?

Shadows aren't an issue with proper floodlighting.... look at Croke Park during a daytime match (should be another one during the egg chasing this year at least).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes hilarious that die hard fans such as myself and Timbo can't be arsed to go any more. Given that we are barely scraping 4k at the moment we aren't the only ones!

Yup, what with the 6,200 on Saturday and 6,800 tonight...

You can add hypocrite to liar and history revisionist. How can you be a die hard fan when you don't go any more? You sound more like a part-time lapsed, fairweather fan to me.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The day you give it a rest is the day I will.

It's up to you...

I hadn't even posted on this thread for 2 days, yet you decided to have a pop at ME for no apparent reason, and yet now YOU are telling ME to give it a rest. You absolute PRICK.

:thud:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yup, what with the 6,200 on Saturday and 6,800 tonight...

You can add hypocrite to liar and history revisionist. How can you be a die hard fan when you don't go any more? You sound more like a part-time lapsed, fairweather fan to me.

HAHAHA you can even spin the poor attendances!!

Well done, you really are the sort of fan we need!

All together now......Brighton RA RA RA

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
HAHAHA you can even spin the poor attendances!!

Well done, you really are the sort of fan we need!

All together now......Brighton RA RA RA

One, that's bollocks - but then, you're well noted for spouting that.

Two, I'd find it better to be a bobble hat (something I really don't want to be) than not be a fan at all - something again you're well noted for.

'Die hard'? - what a pathetic joke.

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Hmmm. Well nearly as many people have voted 'No Chance' as have voted 'Definitely'.
Although Arthur is the most vocal of the sparring partners for the rose tinted troupe, it would seem that he is not alone in his pessimism.

Also, the attendance figures do speak for themselves. However, just because you are sick of watching football at Withdean, this does not mean you are any less of a fan. I know a fair few people that won't go to Withdean anymore but still follow the Albion away from home.
Ultimately everyone obviously wants Falmer to happen as soon as possible, even Arthur. However, just because you don't tow the club line there is no need for the 'we don't want your kind at Falmer' attitude.
Face facts, the only link with each other on here is Football, it doesn't mean that you are going to share opinions on anything else in life.

Love and Peace.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hmmm. Well nearly as many people have voted 'No Chance' as have voted 'Definitely'.
Although Arthur is the most vocal of the sparring partners for the rose tinted troupe, it would seem that he is not alone in his pessimism.

Also, the attendance figures do speak for themselves. However, just because you are sick of watching football at Withdean, this does not mean you are any less of a fan. I know a fair few people that won't go to Withdean anymore but still follow the Albion away from home.
Ultimately everyone obviously wants Falmer to happen as soon as possible, even Arthur. However, just because you don't tow the club line there is no need for the 'we don't want your kind at Falmer' attitude.
Face facts, the only link with each other on here is Football, it doesn't mean that you are going to share opinions on anything else in life.

Love and Peace.

Fair enough, except for the 'Arthur wants Falmer to happen' bit. I'm not convinced about that. Or rather, it doesn't come across that he wants Falmer. If he does want it to happen, what is the purpose in fabricating fantasies and lies about the situation? What does it acheive? What comes across is that he wants (needs?) Falmer to fail in order to prove himself right. What comes across is that that is more important to him than the future success of Brighton & Hove Albion.

If that is not right, and he doesn't mean that, he needs to change the tone of his posts on this matter.

Falling attendances and the building of Falmer Stadium are, after all, two totally separate issues with the exception that both have been presided over by the same people - though that is no longer the case.

Current supporter apathy (including Arthur's apathy) does not automatically follow to mean 'no Falmer'. In other words, how can Arthur (and others) not attending Withdean mean 'Falmer won't get built'?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I haven't said that. However, every club needs as much money coming through the turnstyles as possible to try and cover some of the inevitable operating losses that are involved in the day to day running of the club.

That's true, but that still doesn't equate to anything regarding Falmer, which is a completely seaprate budget, and therefore a separate issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here