Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

Will Falmer be open for August 2010?

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Perhaps it's because you never answer a question.

Look it's not my fault NONE of you appear to be able to read! I've answered every question that has been thrown at me!

As I've said before I'm just trying to prepare some of for the disappointment that is bound to happen. The fact that nearly as many people agree with me as they do thinking the club will be good to it's word speaks volumes!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Who asked you for your opinion..............oh NOBODY but you felt necessary to give it anyway!

Read it again, what part haven't I answered? You think any organisation with any clout what so ever would have been pushed around by Maud and Mable's knitting circle?

Why do I get the feeling I'm going round in circles??

This from the 'man' who said a few pages ago that some people dont like him having opinions. Here he is being offensive to someone who offered theirs.

I refer you to a previous comment where I said 'it is often those who claim freedom of speech who do their best to prevent others from having theirs'

And true to life here it is.

Oh and by the way, it wasnt Falmer who had the major impact and caused the delays but Lewes who if you hadn't noticed are a full planning authority. Now Phil, is there any chance you can have a debate without resorting to insults?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The fact that nearly as many people agree with me as they do thinking the club will be good to it's word speaks volumes!!

Check the poll again, you're outnumbered two to one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Who asked you for your opinion..............oh NOBODY but you felt necessary to give it anyway!

Read it again, what part haven't I answered? You think any organisation with any clout what so ever would have been pushed around by Maud and Mable's knitting circle?

Why do I get the feeling I'm going round in circles??

I haven't given an opinion. I've asked a question.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Look it's not my fault NONE of you appear to be able to read! I've answered every question that has been thrown at me!

As I've said before I'm just trying to prepare some of for the disappointment that is bound to happen. The fact that nearly as many people agree with me as they do thinking the club will be good to it's word speaks volumes!!

I'd have throught that definitely, probably and perhaps even maybe are all fairly supportive terms. The fact that with two positive, one non commital and one negative option, the results are as they are, doesn't indicate the landslide support you are now claiming.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This from the 'man' who said a few pages ago that some people dont like him having opinions. Here he is being offensive to someone who offered theirs.

I refer you to a previous comment where I said 'it is often those who claim freedom of speech who do their best to prevent others from having theirs'

And true to life here it is.

Oh and by the way, it wasnt Falmer who had the major impact and caused the delays but Lewes who if you hadn't noticed are a full planning authority. Now Phil, is there any chance you can have a debate without resorting to insults?

So it's ok for people to be offensive towards me but when I give a bit back then I'm the bad guy???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'd have throught that definitely, probably and perhaps even maybe are all fairly supportive terms. The fact that with two positive, one non commital and one negative option, the results are as they are, doesn't indicate the landslide support you are now claiming.

Where have I claimed a landslide?

Just pointing out yet more facts that you lot who choose to buy the club's spin won't acknowledge..........funny that!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
32 to 25?

It's been a few years since I went to school but that doesn't seem like two to one to me!!

With 67 votes for probably (and remember the vote was for a very specific deadline so a month delay would count)
I voted probably but still believe it will happen.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What form do we have of building stadia?

Building....NONE! Which backs up my point very nicely!

Trying to.......we've been trying for the last 8 years and given that there was talk of leaving the Goldstone for as long as I can remember quite allot I'd say!

Just pointing out yet more facts that you lot who choose to buy the club's spin won't acknowledge..........funny that!
What FACTS?

"We were pushed around by a Parish Council"?

That is NOT a "fact". It is a complete distortion of what happened. The planning application was called in for a Public Inquiry by the Secretary of State. The principal objector was a Local Planning Authority. At the end of the Inquiry, planning permission was granted by the Secretary of State, but it transpired that a civil servant had drafted the decision letter incorrectly. The Local Planning Authority used their legal powers to challenge the decision. The Secretary of State was therefore obliged to re-open the Inquiry. Finally, the Secretary of State granted planning permission, which was not challenged.

At no point in this long, drawn out saga did the football club have any option available to them that would have shortened the process.

Those are the FACTS.

Now ... will you acknowledge this to be the truth?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have this worry that some small minority group like NUS or Green Party will object to parts of the planning applications that have to go in and that will cause a delay again, but not as serious as in the past probably 6 - 12 months.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
So it's ok for people to be offensive towards me but when I give a bit back then I'm the bad guy???

you started your whole argument with an insult levelled towards Ed Bassford and a dig at someone who doesnt even post on here and have continued in that form. if people have been offensive to you then be offensive back TO THEM but to randomly select the latest object for your diatribe does your position no strength at all.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Where have I claimed a landslide?

But the 'facts' you have given have often been proven to be less than accurate and in many cases a downright distortion.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
32 to 25?

It's been a few years since I went to school but that doesn't seem like two to one to me!!

and the irony of this post is that you wrote this after you'd responded to my post pointing out how probably is still a positive vote.

I have this worry that some small minority group like NUS or Green Party will object to parts of the planning applications that have to go in and that will cause a delay again, but not as serious as in the past probably 6 - 12 months.

As things stand now, there is no reason why any objections should lead to a delay. The City Council will process all of the remaining planning applications and will consider any written objections at a single meeting of the Planning Committee, which will then vote on whether to grant planning permission.

Delays would only kick in if the Secretary of State calls an application in for a Public Inquiry (which is extremely unlikely - since there are no matters of principle to be considered) and, even then, this wouldn't delay the start of construction at Falmer (since planning permission for that has already been granted).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here