Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Falmer be open for August 2010?

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
0,,10433~3580030,00.jpg

Now we've had the forum and know what needs to happen, do YOU think it'll be ready for August 2010?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably.

I would have thought that they have given themselves enough time to take various delays into account. One thing is for sure, we need to write (more!) letters in support of the six planning applications. There will be people objecting for the sake of it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Although there are still a few minor planning permissions to get through, these are all 'friendly' so can't really see any major holds up there.

MP said the Falmer residents are 'on board'.

Also, if cash raising was going to be a problem then PriceWaterHouseCoopers would not touch us with a barge pole.

August 2010, the beautiful game will be re-born :albion2: :falmer:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I certainly hope so, with all the work going on behind the scenes it seems to be well organized.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
MP said the Falmer residents are 'on board'.

Also, if cash raising was going to be a problem then PriceWaterHouseCoopers would not touch us with a barge pole.

Not sure about that. We're paying them a fair whack for producing the business plan. If we can't afford to raise the funds to build the stadium, it's unlikely to effect them too much, surely?

The money is still the biggest stumbling block for me, and with all the luck we've had so far, i'm not convinced that even if we do get permission for the various applications that the building will run smoothly and on time. Also, the Withdean lease for 2011 reeks of contingency planning to me.

Still, hopefully i'm wrong, but i reckon Christmas 2010 is more probable!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not sure about that. We're paying them a fair whack for producing the business plan. If we can't afford to raise the funds to build the stadium, it's unlikely to effect them too much, surely?

Backing a white elephant/failed plan = damaged image. Would dissuade people from using you for similar in the future. So yes, it would affect them somewhat.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Backing a white elephant/failed plan = damaged image. Would dissuade people from using you for similar in the future. So yes, it would affect them somewhat.

Yeah, fair point that i suppose!

Still, can't help but think it's going to be a bloody big bank loan!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"Unfortunately, the finance for the project has taken longer to be confirmed than we first hoped. This is through no fault of our own, and we fully expect to seal the funding package in the coming months. We now intend to move into our new home in plenty of time for the 2011/12 season."

Sadly, I can almost see it coming. Would LOVE to be proved wrong though!

Good to see your finger is on the pulse.

Keep 'em coming.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
On a project this big there are always going to be in built delays, but, with 10 years of advance planning I think that it will be smooth going here on in after a few tweaks here and there.

Still I guess there will always be non-believers :D

I just get positive vibes about this!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
. Also, the Withdean lease for 2011 reeks of contingency planning to me.
Good. I'm glad we've got one. I've no doubts they'll deliver it by 2010, but who knows what will happen. It could piss hard all summer 2009 and they cash only do a little work on it. There's a whole number of reasons it could get delayed, but as long as we start in November, then at least we know its definately coming!:ascarf::falmer::ascarf:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Come on big man, I'm only messing with you. I haven't claimed to have ANY knowledge on this whatsoever, although I do "listen," and did attend a lot of the public enquiry, so I don't think I'm any worse off than the rest of you. I just think that with something like this delays are INEVITABLE. I also think that as we don't have the money in the bank, and are relying on a number of sources for it, we're likely to be let down somewhere along the line. Once those diggers are churning up that field, I think we'll be fine, but I also think there's a fair chance we'll struggle to meet our target of November to start building. As I'm sure you are aware, there are 20 months between November 2008 and July 2010, and if this stadium is going to take 18 months to build ANY form of delay means we've had it as far as kicking off there in August.

Listen to TLO he knows everything. His opinion is the only valid opinion.

dont you know the rules of NSC yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports