Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Why?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gosling.

Please don't take any notice of Berkshire. He is a big wind up merchant and to be honest I have had enough of trying to convince him. We all have our crosses to bear. He is ours.

What you are doing is great and as regards Falmer I will accept help from anybody whether Palace or whoever.

Once it is over then, yes, I want to be there when we avenge that 5-0 :angry: and want to trounce you 9-0 like Liverpool did.

:)

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
LOL 9-0 is ancient history. We've had Villa Park (Super Al's goal! :clap2: ) and of course Anfield last season since then.

Even the 9-0 is a bit of a joke for us... When the scousers came to Selhurst last time it was "You couldn't beat us 10-nil!" for long periods. ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gosling said:
"You couldn't beat us 10-nil!" for long periods. ;)

NOW there's an idea :p

Ok Seagulls, all together now

You couldn't beat us 6-0 .......

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Yorkie said:
What you are doing is great and as regards Falmer I will accept help from anybody whether Palace or whoever.

Thank you. To be honest, I've found the reaction to my presence here to be generally more positive than I expected, and for that I'm grateful. As I think I said somewhere else, I'm going to get loads of stick from my mates for this, it's nice to know that there are some people who appreciate me helping out (as little help as it may be... Who knows). Either way, I'm damned sure I'll get a good few sigs for your petition tomorrow.

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Yorkie said:
NOW there's an idea :p

Ok Seagulls, all together now

You couldn't beat us 6-0 .......

We bloody well should have done. But then you should have beaten us in the return leg. I guess these things even out. 5-0 on aggregate was about right, I say. :p to you too. :lolol:

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
I should really have done this before, but I was kind of nervous about it. I'm posting a link to this thread on CPFC.ORG now.

Good luck for tomorrow, those who are off to games elsewhere in the country.

And to any other Palace fans who may read this, what more incentive do you need than the thought of 3,000 of us at Falmer the next time they ascend to our dizzy heights... :clap2:

First of all, I'd like to thank the fans of all clubs who will be supporting our cause today, particularly those like Gosling and RoyalAli who are actively working to make National Falmer Day effective. And all the others - some of whom I only know about through the PMs that have been sent to me.

This is why I'm proud to be a football supporter.

But secondly, I'd like to underline just how important I think this campaign is.

This is the nightmare scenario that I cannot rid my brain of:-

1. Prescott says NO.

2. Dick Knight decides that he cannot take us any further. He resigns. Martin Perry goes with him.

3. No-one comes along to replace them.

4. Withdean residents start a campaign to get us out of Withdean - on the grounds that permission was only given on condition that we would move out within a few years.

5. The City Council refuse an extension of tenure at Withdean. (Remember, there is no longer a Labour majority on the Council).

6. It becomes even more difficult to replace DK and MP.

7. The cost of moving somewhere else is calculated. It's now £5 million up front for consultants, lawyers and planning experts, plus £100 million for a stadium and associated infrastructure.

8. No finance is available for this.

9. The banks start moving in to reduce their commitments to the club as it stands.

10. We lose the manager, go into administration, start losing players, have points docked, drop into the Third Division and the Conference looms.

11. Still no sign of new financial backers.

12. We are forced to move out of Withdean.

13. Well ... 13 is a very unlucky number.

That's why it matters.

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
Re: Re: Falmer - Why?

The Wookiee said:
Is this bloke taking the PISS:angry:

"I was only asking?" but then followed the angry face, as if you thought he was.

This thread is very informative and ...emotional. :blush:

I like the rivallry in football "does your boyfriend Know you're here?" then comes the reply "does the social know you're here?"

I was talking to an official of Bristol city he told me that Bristol were shouting "stand up if you're top of the league!" then in the last minute of extra time Sheffield weds scored (like they did to us when we were singing "cheerio..." as they were leaving early) then sheff weds stated to sing "stand up if you're top of the league!" ... all remained seated!

I go and see Gloucester Rugby and like the fact that all the fans mix in together...but it's not football! (The ref points the wrong way also!)

Fans United can never be deafeated. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
If the worst happens and Prescott supports the Nimbys, WE MUST FIGHT to save our club. Even if it means doing an AFC Wimbledon and playing non-league home matches at Whitehawk FC.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lord Bracknell is being unduly pessimistic. Or is he just using it to buck up the Falmer campaign?

I expect the chances (realistically, not pessimitically) of Falmer NOT going through are between 12% (optimist) and 25% (unreliable stats).

It could go awry for reasons other than Prescott saying NO.

I cannot see any realistic possibility of another stadium plan within Brighton & Hove though.

I would not call for Dick Knight's resignation if Falmer comes a cropper. However, Martin Perry is the Manager of the Falmer development plan, a Manager just like a Football Manager apart from his shareholding.

Anyrate this is being pessimisitic and before Prescott's decision which could be at anytime between July 2004 and March 2005.

(7) is not cast in stone. Any new plan would not have to be done in-house. An outside developer could be engaged. The rewards and not so great but the risks are not either.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
I just sit on my armchair watching it.:lolol:
On a serious note im on vacation if thats o.k by you mmm:drink: :drink:

O yeah all is well to get support etc,but to ask me to be nice to palarse etc is not goner happen.
You lot might not understand but im not giving up my rivalry full stop as at this rate we won't have any rivals and they will always hold it against us.

Im not your type of fan as most on here are super fans and don't care who they ask for help,but thats why im diffrent.

You want honest im giving it and i wouldn't lift a finger to help palarse ever as im not throwing away decades of tradition,but if i had to be nice to get the ground of course i would.
:smokin:

With contadictions like these it's not difficult to see that you are indeed a prize chump. You speak of decades of tradition (quite funny considering you never go to games anymore). Without Falmer there will be no more tradition. You will no longer be able to continue your armchair rivalry with Palace-or anybody else.

Hundreds of people associated with the club are desperately working to get support from fans of clubs all around the country, other clubs' fans then come on here looking for information and you insult them.

If you can't bring yourself around to being a half decent human being capable of putting rivalries aside to benefit the club's campaign then why don't you just shut the f*** up on threads like these? "Help" like yours we can all do without!

Have you considered giving your "support" to Reading, Oxford or Swindon? You're local to them, they both have grounds, no campaigns to get involved in. Should suit you down to the ground.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
The main difference between the Archer/Belloti years is that we were being assett stripped in those days. We now have, given the expenses incurred, minimal debts, a chairman who is Brighton through and through but no ground. Interesting to think that Palace no longer own their ground, albeit dramatically bigger than ours, and yet seem to cope.

they cope better because it is bigger. meaning they can make more money and attract better players. but wasnt there talk of palce struggling financially earlier in the season.
i do agree with icygull though that it wouldnt be the end of the albion, we would find a way though even if it does come down to 3rd or conference football. fans have been through to much to let this club just fold and die. also palace must have made a lot of money from wimbledon in past years ground sharing.
its a shame their fans deserted there club if moving to mk was the only viable option. if not then it was the club deserting the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Lush said:
Thanks for your support and offer of help on National Falmer Day, Gosling. Will phone you today with all the info and looking forward to meeting you on Sat.

Berks and Eddie - get to a f***ing game yourselves or sod right off.
How DARE you tell me to sod right off!

When I gave money to Bury, York & Oldham (declined), I didn’t go onto their message boards & ask why. Duh! I went to the official site & gave accordingly’

I am sure that Gosling could’ve found out about Falmer in the same way. He/she chose not to.

That’s why I called hin/her a tosser.

I could launch into a tirade of abuse & puff my chest out at the amount of effort I’ve put in, I won't because I’m too f***ing pissed off

I used to PLAY for the Albion - don't condescend me EVER.

And never, ever question my commitment again,
How DARE you tell me to sod right off!

When I gave money to Bury, York & Oldham (declined), I didn’t go onto their message boards & ask why. Duh! I went to the official site & gave accordingly’

I am sure that Gosling could’ve found out about Falmer in the same way. He/she chose not to.

That’s why I called hin/her a tosser.

I could launch into a tirade of abuse & puff my chest out at the amount of effort I’ve put in, I won't because I’m too f***ing pissed off

I used to PLAY for the Albion - don't condescend me EVER.

And never, ever question my commitment again,

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
just because you used to play for albion dosent mean you are right and all the fans are wrong. see thread on are pro footballers thick. :lolol:

fans often question commitment of players anyway. so you should be used to it.

should i repeat that like you did or do you get the point.
oh and dont be condersending towards fellow fans.:lolol:

Last edited:

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Eddie,

Eddie, I don't want BHA to go out of existence for all sorts of reasons, and today I was prepared to stand up and be counted. Your club's situation is in the balance and, who knows, what little I've done may make a difference.

I expect you're only this angry because you aren't big enough to be grateful to a genuine Palace fan, and if that's the case then you must be a very sad individual, not that we don't have a few ourselves...

Anyway, 5-0 tosser :lolol:

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Eddie the Seagull said:

Actually, I WOULDN'T have found out about it, if your fella Biscuit didn't have the nerve to go on cpfc.org and start a thread about the Falmer campaign. That's how I first heard about it, and that's how I got in touch. Why would I choose to come on these boards and get abuse when I can get that on my own clubsite, unless somebody specifically told me about it? Think for a minute.

Last edited:

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
'fraid he has a point there Eddie! Chill! I cant see why youy are so upset. It seams you don't understand that other supporters dont know about falmer. Hell not all brighton fans are all that informed for various reasons....

Chill and live and let live!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay Eddie, we get your point, as it's a bit strong please sod off, there's good chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here