Falmer ramp up events

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only person who has absolutely no interest in the ramp-up events?QUOTE]

I want a trial run of how the f*** I find my seat, don't want to be wondering around in and out of lifts and down corridors and through bars looking for it on the 1st day of the season :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I the only person who has absolutely no interest in the ramp-up events?QUOTE]

I want a trial run of how the f*** I find my seat, don't want to be wondering around in and out of lifts and down corridors and through bars looking for it on the 1st day of the season :thumbsup:

I think they are intending to use numbers on the seats at the Amex.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree totally. A meaningless friendly will only sully my enjoyment of my first trip to Falmer. I want everything about my first match there to be meaningfull. From buying my programme, Slipping through the turnstile, Enjoying my first beer in the ruffians bar. Sitting in my season ticket seat for the first time knowing it'll be the start of a long & emotional relationship between my arse & that £300 plus of padded goodness. And the greatest of all experiences my first goal at the Amex. I want it all to be new & exciting on August 6th not a reduced experience cos of some pointless friendly to check the fire alarms work.

I also agree with this [and TCB - apart from the Gary Barlow bits] entirely. I want to save it for the first league game. Its going to be hard to resist though, and I know I'm going to be jealous when people on here are going on about all the exciting details, that I've yet to see. If its BARCA or someone dead EXCITING, I think my kids will pester the life out of me to go, too.

Its a RUDDY dilemma, for sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More seats for all the others who just want to try out the new stadium then as the precious souls save themselves :rolleyes:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Erm... People who don't go the the ramp up events could be seen as being selfish. If there aren't enough people at them to qualify as ramp ups, the first league game may have a reduced capacity and loads of real fans be forced out!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Erm... People who don't go the the ramp up events could be seen as being selfish. If there aren't enough people at them to qualify as ramp ups, the first league game may have a reduced capacity and loads of real fans be forced out!

What is selfish about it, let's see how attractive the pricing is for these non-events

That's also my understanding; the purpose of the ramp up events is to demonstrate that the stadium works as intended so that it receives a safety certificate from BHCC. Without this they'll be no FL games at the Amex, althought the council could issue a certificate requiring a lower capacity. I guess the same principle could be applied by BHCC to the Transport Management Plan/Scheme if they consider it indequate for an attendance of 22,500.

No way. My love for Michel will never die, in fact it is behind only my love for Gary Barlow and Lewis Hamilton, and I can't imagine anybody breaking into that triangle of passion. However, WHATEVER they plan for Falmer before the first real match will only ruin the experience of August 6th.

Oh how I've missed reading your homo-erotic ramblings.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Todger, I'm sure those involved with the first ramp up events will be delighted to know that so called fans refer to them as Jokes. It is necessary for them to happen, I am certain the club will put in a huge amount of effort to make sure they are entertaining, and an enjoyable afternoon out, you don't have to go, and really, you don't have to sit there and constantly slag them off. You have made your point, you don't want to go, but none of them are pointless, some will be essential for the safety certificate, some will be money spinners for the club (they do need money you know) and some will be events of interest to Brighton fans, possibly including a testimonial match. How about you just shut up constantly finding yet another angle to have a go at the club about, you've said your bit, you aren't going, good for you, but please don't think your opinion is so important that others should follow your lead, that is something very few will ever do.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lets have a gig, Norman Cook, U2, Rolling Stones???....What a great idea, lets f*** the pitch up by laying boards over it, just after it has germinated and all knitted together to form a fantastic playing surface. I do hope this is a f***ing joke, surely no one within the club is that stupid?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can see what the thread starter means but actually I think ramp up events are great. Went to a couple at Wembley, one of which was basically just an open day. My son and I were one of the first to test the Wembley urinals!! But as others have said it gives you a dry run before the proper thing kicks off in August. Last thing you want is the first proper game being spoilt by some minor niggle. You want to get used to your seat, people around you, parking, where the food and bars are, nearest entrance to your seat etc etc. Makes sense to go to the ramp ups I think.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bet more people "follow my lead" and wait for the first proper match at the Amex than follow yours and waste away their mediocre lives collecting f***ing football shirts. In fact, I'm CERTAIN of it.

That's your best post ever!!!

That's the whole point of ramp up events you buffoon!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bet more people "follow my lead" and wait for the first proper match at the Amex than follow yours and waste away their mediocre lives collecting f***ing football shirts. In fact, I'm CERTAIN of it.

ooh, I'm mediocre, thank you. So you think that the ramp ups won't be full, in fact you want to bet they won't be full, and you are certin of it. Me, nah, I'm more pragmatic, I reckon they'll be full, but I'm not the sort to bet such a thing, or make out I am certain about events so far off. Still, there you go, toddle on.

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
Just hope there's no mix up with the ramp up fixtures if one of them is a concert , or michel kuipers testimonial could be against Bon Jovi

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
Are Boney M (the only group with two singles in the top ten all-time UK list) the best band ever?

Take That? Fingers scraping down the blackboard or white noise in a heatwave is more tuneful and relaxing.

Is this really true about Boney M? If I'm understanding you, Boney M have two of the ten biggest ever selling singles in UK Chart history? If so, which songs are these?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd like to see something like
1) Sussex Senior Cup Final (5k)
2) Albion v Donny (10k)
3) FDM testimonial v Ajax or another top Dutch team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports