Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer ramp up events

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Am I the only person who has absolutely no interest in the ramp-up events? I don't care if it's Man United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. Dare I say it, I don't even care if it's Michel's testimonial. I won't go to anything before the first game. I haven't spent the last 13 years dreaming of a new stadium and imagining my first time there to be a meaningless match against a big club's reserves in front of a 75% capacity crowd. I most certainly have been MOIST over the prospect of a packed Amex on August 6th and our first real match and all the emotion that will bring. I don't care what they plan beforehand, it won't tempt me.

I agree totally. A meaningless friendly will only sully my enjoyment of my first trip to Falmer. I want everything about my first match there to be meaningfull. From buying my programme, Slipping through the turnstile, Enjoying my first beer in the ruffians bar. Sitting in my season ticket seat for the first time knowing it'll be the start of a long & emotional relationship between my arse & that £300 plus of padded goodness. And the greatest of all experiences my first goal at the Amex. I want it all to be new & exciting on August 6th not a reduced experience cos of some pointless friendly to check the fire alarms work.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Eleven number one singles and five number one albums, as well as the world's greatest musician at the helm, say that Alan you are WRONG. The Amex would be honoured to host the boys.

By that sense of reasoning, you're falling into the trap of believing quantity automatically equates to quality, which of course is total bollocks.

Is 'Candle In The Wind' (the highest-ever selling UK single) the best song of all-time? Are Boney M (the only group with two singles in the top ten all-time UK list) the best band ever?

Take That? Fingers scraping down the blackboard or white noise in a heatwave is more tuneful and relaxing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus, that would be the mother of all dilemmas. On one hand I want to preserve my Amex virginity fully until August 6th, on the other it's the world's great musician on OUR pitch! I dread to think how a decision would be made on that one.

"I want to preserve my Amex virginity" :lolol:
BRILLIANT, and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I will of course be sorely tempted by an early sticky fumble, ie the pre-season friendly there, but I really REALLY want my first time to be a special, meaningful experience, which can only be satisfied by the first proper league game on August 6th.

Amex virginity. I like that.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Am I the only person who has absolutely no interest in the ramp-up events? I don't care if it's Man United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. Dare I say it, I don't even care if it's Michel's testimonial. I won't go to anything before the first game. I haven't spent the last 13 years dreaming of a new stadium and imagining my first time there to be a meaningless match against a big club's reserves in front of a 75% capacity crowd. I most certainly have been MOIST over the prospect of a packed Amex on August 6th and our first real match and all the emotion that will bring. I don't care what they plan beforehand, it won't tempt me.

can't disagree with any of that.

How to get a ticket is the problem

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've just had a change of heart on this. I was thinking along the lines of TCB, plus the walk from the Goldstone, via Withdean arriving at Falmer for the first AMEX league game.

However I don't want to turn up for the start of the league season in tourist mode, so I reckon, a dry run is really no bad thing. I will take my camera sample the food and drinks, slap a few backs and get the whole novelty thing out the way. Then it is on with the football.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't see how people can resist the urge to go. I went to the first game at Withdean (the Forest "ramp-up" match - ahem) - just to see what it was going to be like. Do you want a Chelsea-supporting neighbour to tell you what your stadium is like ?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Jesus, that would be the mother of all dilemmas. On one hand I want to preserve my Amex virginity fully until August 6th, on the other it's the world's great musician on OUR pitch! I dread to think how a decision would be made on that one.

musician. :laugh:

i'd rather lick piss off nettles.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm probably way behind the times but can anyone tell me what ramp up events are planned for Falmer and when?
Last I heard was Man City first game, and Norman Cook first gig?

You've missed nothing, you are not behind the times, you have heard nothing but speculation or guesswork. As with everything else, the club will release the information at the appropriate time, and then we'll all know.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The problem with a friendly against Chelsea or Arsenal is two thirds of the 15,000 capacity will be full of Premiershit fans paying £35 a ticket to sit in the East and West Stand (Brighton fans will get to go in the North and South Stands at £12 a ticket)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The problem with a friendly against Chelsea or Arsenal is two thirds of the 15,000 capacity will be full of Premiershit fans paying £35 a ticket to sit in the East and West Stand (Brighton fans will get to go in the North and South Stands at £12 a ticket)

Of course it will, after all, the club won't make it available to those Albion fans who have bought season tickets, they probably won't want to go anyway, not to the new stadium we've been waiting so long for, not forgetting other loyal Albion fans. I'm sure they would rather make them available to fans of whoever the opposition is. :facepalm:

can we have a :twat: smiley please.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course it will, after all, the club won't make it available to those Albion fans who have bought season tickets, they probably won't want to go anyway, not to the new stadium we've been waiting so long for, not forgetting other loyal Albion fans. I'm sure they would rather make them available to fans of whoever the opposition is. :facepalm:

can we have a :twat: smiley please.

ha ha ha :fishing:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I agree totally. A meaningless friendly will only sully my enjoyment of my first trip to Falmer. I want everything about my first match there to be meaningfull. From buying my programme, Slipping through the turnstile, Enjoying my first beer in the ruffians bar. Sitting in my season ticket seat for the first time knowing it'll be the start of a long & emotional relationship between my arse & that £300 plus of padded goodness. And the greatest of all experiences my first goal at the Amex. I want it all to be new & exciting on August 6th not a reduced experience cos of some pointless friendly to check the fire alarms work.

But this is the point, shirley, that the ramp up events are to ensure that everything is tried and tested before the big day.

I am sure poeple don't boycott wedding rehearsals in case it spoils the actual wedding day!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea would be the worse possible opponents for a number of reasons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd heard that Chelsea will be here for a July friendly

One to miss then as I would only pay to watch Chelsea if the game meant anything

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Already paid for all my ramp up events, do you think they might refund us if they chose Chelsea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here