Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair to say

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
SEE SOME GEEZER WITH NO LEGS IN A DOOR WAY IN ST JAMES STREET SHOUTING AT HIS MATE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON TELLING HM HE HAD A SPLIT PERSONALITY, MINUTE LATER ANOTHER LOSER CAME STAGGERING UP THE ROAD EITHER PISSED OR OFF HIS HEAD ON DRUGS, THEN FURTHER UP THE ROAD TOWARDS JUNCTION WITH UPPER AND LOWER ROCK GARDENS A COUPLE OF HOMELESS PESTERING AN OLD CHAP WHO SAID HE HAD NO MONEY ........ LOVELY PLACE :nono:
regards
DR

I live just off Jimmy Street and it doesn't faze me. It's got some problems but it's nowhere near as bad as made out. Lots of colourful characters around but I've never felt any more than mild irritation. Just thankful that life has been kinder to me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I disagree. Brighton is the finest City in the whole of the UK. It has improved immeasurably over the last 50 years. In the last 30 I have been but an occasional visitor, but it is still 'home' to me. It has its warts, but it also has glamour and elegance. There are many nicer SMALL towns in the UK, but for a big place, Brighton is magic. Now, Croydon trolls, faaaak right off. :rave::rave::rave::banana::O:cheers::rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
he had taken them off ,they were by his side :shrug:
regards
DR

Maybe he is a homeless veteran who lost them in conflict and drinks to forget...

Easy to judge and be critical, yes there are a lot of homeless in Brighton, that's the governments or persons fault not Brightons.

Yes the seagulls and foxes have a go at the rubbish, and we could do with a lick of paint here and there, but it's not a dump mate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
maybe you need to get around Brighton a bit more ,i been to plenty of place in this country??? , trust me Brighton takes some beating, freak city if you ask me:eek:
regards
DR

You went to the football back in the day. How come Brighton's tattood and piereced white underbelly has only now caught you eye? Are you having an existential crisis? Let me tell you, as I'm a few yerars older, it doesn't get any better - brace yourself for a rocky ride. You'll be questioning the validity of fly fishing any day now :lolol::wave:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My ma and da came up north a year ago to see Blackpool illuminations. Obviously all the romance and stuff surrounding it for those who haven't been etc. I kind of had an inkling that it wasn't all that, off season etc. But parents were both blissfully unaware until GF and I went to meet them from Manchester. When we got there it was apparent that apart from 2P pusher machines it was run down and very disappointing really. We ended up having a meal in Weathy's and spending about 3 hours there. Brighton is a goldmine compared to that and I'm thankful I ever grew up there.

Perhaps I should have taken them to Conwy, Llandudno, Barmouth etc. Those places are beautiful. There's nothing there at all, but that's the point. No cars, no industry, just quiet harbours with a few chippies and plenty of scenery.

The grass is always greener.............

I know so many that think Brighton is extremely lovely.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
SEE SOME GEEZER WITH NO LEGS IN A DOOR WAY IN ST JAMES STREET SHOUTING AT HIS MATE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON TELLING HM HE HAD A SPLIT PERSONALITY, MINUTE LATER ANOTHER LOSER CAME STAGGERING UP THE ROAD EITHER PISSED OR OFF HIS HEAD ON DRUGS, THEN FURTHER UP THE ROAD TOWARDS JUNCTION WITH UPPER AND LOWER ROCK GARDENS A COUPLE OF HOMELESS PESTERING AN OLD CHAP WHO SAID HE HAD NO MONEY ........ LOVELY PLACE :nono:

Unfortunately that pretty much sums up one of the major things wrong with Brighton.
The pathetic limp wristed policies of the council and their view that any homeless person in the country is a victim of the nasty society and that all are welcome to come and doss on our streets, begging/pestering the public for money at every opportunity.
I actually am happy to give my money to genuine homeless people who are from Brighton...... But when asked for money every 10 meters down Queens Road and North Street, none of the fvckers are actually from Brighton so can't even give my money away.
Especially when asked for money by someone in an Eastern European accent!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Working on a flat in upper st James street. The guy who killed himself by setting himself on fire. Last couple of days walked down st James street for a coffee. Jesus. Scary sights. Whole place needs revamping. Plus the dregs of society hanging there. Horrendous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And (unless there is one now) you really would have thought that Brighton would have a Michelin starred restaurant, not even many fine dining establishments.

I think you're being a tad unfair on the restaurant scene in the city. There are over a 1000 places to eat in the city ( yes I know many are burger places ) but since I've worked in the centre of the city I've realised I could eat out every week at a very decent restaurant for a year and still have more to go. There are some real gems - you just have to find them. As for the Michelin star place ..... rumours are there is one coming.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I have recently had cause to visit both Bournemouth and Poole - on separate occasions - and for "domestic reasons".
The missus and I took the opportunity to visit both towns and seafronts in anticipation of a bit of shopping and eating, and I have to say ......

.... they truly are both cr*p!!

Brighton is a paradise in comparison - but perhaps that goes without saying.

Can't agree with that, at all.
The Poole Harbour area is beautiful and although Bournemouth town centre isn't what it used to be, there are some very pleasant parts of town.
As for the seafront, I reckon it is far nicer than Brighton's and you just can't compare Brighton's beach with Bournemouth's superb sandy beach.
There are, of course, grotty parts of the Bournemouth and Poole are such as Boscombe, but hey -ho that goes for any large conurbation.

Last edited:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I've moved abroad now and since coming back to Brighton I see it in a completely different light . It looks run down but people seem to live with rubbish on their doorstep . Bin bags broken across the road and no one bothers to pick it up .
Homelessness seems to have increased 10 fold as well . The promenade by Marine parade steps have been shut off for an age now . Instead of money being spent on the i360 it should have been invested in Brighton as a whole .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This. I've been here since 1980 and it was ALWAYS seedy. The North Laine was positively DICKENSIAN. Housing was so affordable that nobody even thought to think of it as a thing.

It only changed when HRH made us into a millenium city and the DFLs started regarding B&H as a sort of commutable Ealing-By-Sea with 50% off the property prices.

Most of B&H is still pretty tatty, and none the worse for it. Wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK.

Sums it up brilliantly TBH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here