Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair to say

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, there are trains. I went there on Saturday and had to wait at the Newhaven level crossing twice as the Lewes/Seaford train went by

The trains are being restored in three weeks time, hourly and then back to half hourly in October.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Brighton and Hove isn't really up to much and some parts are a disgrace , seen some sights and I think the place is tarted up big time, take of the Glossy exterior off and it reveals a whole host of issues IMHO
regards
DR

Same can be said for a lot of places, there is a lot of 'social' exterior but underneath is where the cesspit lurks. But even more places don't have that 'exterior' and are just the cesspit.

Worked in Chavwell Heath (Romford) a few months ago. Jesus what a dive and thought it was rough (someone had been stabbed to death the week before on the street we were working) - until I went to Ilford a few weeks ago. Both me adn my mate never felt such pleasure as coming through the Downs and over the A27 Bypass at Hove by Waterhall and looking to the left and seeing the sea views - just reminded me how lucky I am to live near the Sea and the South Coast. GOSBTS !!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've seen worse but like most places it could do with a good wash and some new paint.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have recently had cause to visit both Bournemouth and Poole - on separate occasions - and for "domestic reasons".
The missus and I took the opportunity to visit both towns and seafronts in anticipation of a bit of shopping and eating, and I have to say ......

.... they truly are both cr*p!!

Brighton is a paradise in comparison - but perhaps that goes without saying.

Depends which way you look at it.
When you are saying Brighton is a paradise, i trust you just mean shopping and eating and you may be right on that one, but apart from the independant shops Brighton shopping is nothing special, mostly mainstream shops that you see in a lot of other places. And (unless there is one now) you really would have thought that Brighton would have a Michelin starred restaurant, not even many fine dining establishments. Plenty of money in Brighton a very trendy and fashionable city with lots of visitors, it really should be a lot better for both shopping and eating.
As for the actual city and its surrounding area surely you are not saying Brighton is a paradise compared to Bournemouth.
Lovely sandy beach, clean, beautiful Dorset countryside, Sandbanks, Poole Harbour, its a lovely place to live, but like most places both Poole and Bournemouth have their horrible parts.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
West street is an embarrassment as the gateway to day trippers to the beach. Looks a right dump

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I accidentally stopped off at Annan for a night, just north of Gretna Green. My god!! Proper Ned town. Chavs/chavettes drinking buckfast everywhere. I didn't expect my car to be there in the morning it was that bad! Sussex has nothing compared to those poor northeners.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, there are trains. I went there on Saturday and had to wait at the Newhaven level crossing twice as the Lewes/Seaford train went by

Trains have been running at the weekend. Normal service as far as I know.
Replacement buses on weekdays.

Jan 30, 2008
If you think Brighton, or anywhere in Sussex, for that matter, is a disgrace and seedy, then you haven't travelled much, imo. There are far worse places in Britain.

House prices have always been higher than the majority of Britain too. That's why I lived away when I got married.

maybe you need to get around Brighton a bit more ,i been to plenty of place in this country??? , trust me Brighton takes some beating, freak city if you ask me:eek:
regards
DR

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
West Street is what it is, always has and always will be.

That's an awfully silly statement. Why? Wouldn't take an awful lot of money or imagination to tart it up. And when the Brighton Centre and that awful cinema next door are demolished and Churchill Square extended down to the seafront I would hope West Street is included in the upgrade for the area.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
maybe you need to get around Brighton a bit more ,i been to plenty of place in this country??? , trust me Brighton takes some beating, freak city if you ask me:eek:
regards
DR

I know Brighton very well.
Now you're saying it's freaky rather than run down and seedy. I think you may have a problem.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I could name 10-15 places I'd rather live in the UK than Brighton. I love going back to visit friends and family, but could I live there again? Probably not.

I was born and lived in Brighton for over 30 years but I wouldn't want to live there again, far too busy and expensive.
I haven't got any family that live in Brighton anymore. I'm glad I grew up there and I love the history of Brighton.

Blimey. I couldn't name one.

Seriously ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here