Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to the Palace faithful.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Saw a thread on the Holmesdale forum about how poor the atmosphere was and that they were outsung by Fulham after the first 20 minutes!

Let's be honest, most of the time, it's the away support who generates the atmosphere and are more often than not the ones who are the loudest. I give credit to their coordination, I have found some of their displays a bit cringey, but there's no denying the level of dedication gone into them and they have been vocal on their live games although last night there was very little to sing about, Fulham bossed them about after Sidwell's goal.

It's interesting to know that the HF have a say in that corner, that's a good level of cooperation from ground management to try and make an atmosphere, it's not the sort of idea I'd shy away from at the Amex. I'd rather have one really loud stand than the pockets of noise we can sometimes find in the Amex.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The atmosphere died at 3-1 tbh , it must have i heard fulham sihging and ive never heard that before .

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Absolute bollox - obviously you weren't at the St Patrick day massacre game when they disappeared as soon as they were losing like they did last evening vs Fulham. You're just another sucker that believes the Palace myth that the "Holmesdale Fanatics" are the "leagues best supporters".

Not a Nigel under the age of 40 inside Selhurst has witnessed lower league football therefore their "support" has a soft under belly - brought up never having experience true hard times. That is why whenever they face , what they suppose is, a humiliation they go into meltdown and turn on each other. I would hate having a section of "supporters" that constantly sing and bounce up and down and never watch the game - they know nothing of the meaning of true support and are seen by others teams as an embarrassment - they are not universally liked by other Palace either.

Do you think Palace would take 2k to Yeovil on a wet Saturday when they are playing shite and in the lower reaches of the Championship ? - like feck they would ! If you are so impressed with them I suggest you get a ticket for their next match - there are plenty left.

Bang on , have to agree there, those that get sucked into this view of palarse having some kind of wonderful support havnt been supporting the Albion to long. They could never go through what we been through and maintain that great level of away support we have and now the clubs are on a even footing they hate the fact we STILL get more than them for home games.They have more than their fair share of plastics, who once they have seen the utds, arsenals, Chelsea's etc will be off.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Yep I dislike Palace as much as anybody on here but I have to say their Ultra singers put our North Standers to shame when it comes to making noise, even when they were losing they still made a racket. I think the club needs to sort something out to make sure our vocal element are closer together in the North, how they do it I don't know but I'm sure it would make a big difference, it would be need to be done during the close season obviously. Maybe those that are interested could inform the club they want to be part of that and the club sort it from there.
Once that core element is sorted then it would help the rest of the ground to join in, unless of course 'Safe Standing comes in' which would solve the problem.

the atmosphere in the north stand has got worse since the group under the police box in the north/west moved there. when they were nearer the centre of the stand the noise radiated from them. i am about 20 seats from them towards the centre (under the tv pundits window). i often a bit of song from the centre and a bit of a song from the north east and so on. i think if the northwest group (who i think are great at continuous singing) should more central which will get us all singing together. i try my best to join in with these guys but am often left singing on my own. it's amazing when we all do sing together i hope that one way or another it happens.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Phazza we must be near neighbours. Anyway, the NW bunch moved because the new seats presented an opportunity to move on mass and join with others from around the north who wanted to create an atmosphere. It was a one off opportunity and you can't ask existing people in the centre to move a side. The basic problem is you can't get say the 200 really noisy like minded fans in one place in the centre. Impossible. And also not everyone in the north wants to sing. Some are there because cheap seats. And plenty more because they like the idea of being in the noisy stand but don't actually contribute. Which means it's often quiet. Basically not enough vocal fans follow our club. But 'twas ever the case in every stadium we've called home. And that's because Sussex is a respectable country casuals sort of place to live and the passion in numbers just isn't there

Feb 14, 2010
But 'twas ever the case in every stadium we've called home. And that's because Sussex is a respectable country casuals sort of place to live and the passion in numbers just isn't there[/QUOTE]

Assume this is a joke but er this is the same Brighton & Hove Albion who et its support from Hastings, Newhaven, Whitehawk, Portslade, Worthing and had 160 arrested ar one game at Southend away once upon a time! Yorkshire is a lovely county, Leeds a nice city but er not all of it, just like Sussex. As for palace, is their atmosphere still generated by a teenager banging a drum.. bless their little cotton socks

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"More of a congregation than a crowd - still singing their hymns"

Great comment just on ITV about the Schalke crowd. It wasn't a compliment.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm sorry but if we're talking about those idiots at Selhurst Park, dressed in black who inanely bang a pathetic drum and gather in the worst position in a stadium to actually watch a match, they make me cringe big style. It's embarrassing and beyond plastic. The songs are also droneless nonsense. Beyond annoying. If you want to understand a proper atmosphere compared to that garbage go to Anfield for a big game.

Our atmosphere when the team are playing their part is one of the best in the country. Almost all home atmospheres are flat as any away supporter knows, particularly when the team are playing badly, and I think I prefer our atmosphere even then to that Palace gash. And it's not like it even makes a jot of difference to the team, how many games have they won at home since last xmas?

Feb 14, 2010
Do you think Palace might have another teenager playing the Triangle to join his mate who bangs his drum? Maybe they could get the entire school band in?

Feb 14, 2010
You should write a sitcom, you have the right mix of fantasy and comedy combined

In the words of Leeds fans I know " That three tier stand was as loud or louder than anywhere else in the country and the noise all game better than most games at Elland Road".. how about Selhurst, dyou reckon your drummer boy gets the same reviews, maybe you might want to take a Triangle or a recorder to keep him company..??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They didn't leave en masse during the St. Patricks day massacre. They staed longer than we did when we were getting hammered at Selhurst. Now, believe me...I loathe palace...but they have far better vocal support than Brighton.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
....and that's why there is now big demand for German football, great atmosphere( not strangled by stewarding and petty dreamed up health and safety regs), cheaper prices, big modern stadia......they have just signed a huge worldwide TV deal, you watch the overseas demand for the Prem start to drift a bit, keep an eye on the sky deal next time......I bet the money on the table starts to move lower, wages lower and world class players move elsewhere.

Which is what happened to German football before it sorted itself out. We need to start our cycle. Mug off the overpaid ponces and send them all to leagues like The Bundesliga. It is all about cycles.

Feb 14, 2010
They didn't leave en masse during the St. Patricks day massacre. They staed longer than we did when we were getting hammered at Selhurst. Now, believe me...I loathe palace...but they have far better vocal support than Brighton.

Drivel. Palace have a few kids with a drum. Brighton have a proper old fashioned support and the West Stand as loud as anywhere in the country.. and that is from Leeds fans. As for leaving early, look at Arsenal, its called transport and large crowds (not something palace get.. what was it less than 10,000 for Bristol City at home last year). Brighton v Palace support can be summed up with a comparison between Brighton v York City v 50/60 palace teenagers getting laughed out of the city.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Who cares? It's still funny :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here