[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

Of course. Some will need nurturing and loans and such to aid development, others will not. However some were pointing to the experience of Connolly as a universal lesson, rather than a personal one.
I'm not sure a loan would have done Connolly much good to be honest. He had to (or still has to) sort out his own attitude... doesn't matter which team he played for

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm not sure a loan would have done Connolly much good to be honest. He had to (or still has to) sort out his own attitude... doesn't matter which team he played for
Is Connolly still warming the bench in Hull?... until the season ended.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Comfortably his best performance for us so far. It feels like a significant step forward in his progress into being a genuine first team option.

I hope he enjoyed it and it gives him an extra boost of confidence. Plus maybe soften the blow of not going to the U 20 world cup.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Actually he used to play a bit more centrally in Argentina (top fig) than at Brighton (bottom fig). And he seemed to play more inside than previous games today. Maybe he prefers faster, transitional attacking style inside the pitch to slower build up where he stays put wide?

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Definitely an 8 or a 10 I'd say once he gets going. Doesn't quite have the lungs or the stamina to be effective past 60 minutes yet but will come.

Big stand out last night is his growing game intelligence (compared to the like soft Enciso or sarmiento - more tricksy and higj impact), also how much he gets stuck in and did his defensive work well. Genuinely think he'll just get deeper and deeper as his passing was great.

Amazingly also saw him on two occasions direct other players where to go to shut down City breaks. Amusingly one of them was Gross!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
RDZ has this ability to get the players believing in themselves, whether young or experienced, of more than they think they are capable of doing.
Undoubtedly, they have talent, but a set back or mistake, plays mind games. RDZ has eliminated that in our players.
They fear no one.
Not all of them. I think Enciso is still very prone to self-criticism/ He'll get better, but he does beat himself up when he makes mistakes.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He was great last night, difficult to say if he will be a regular starter next season or not though, there is just so much competition for places in midfield. We look likely to lose Alexis, and probably Caicedo, but also look likely to have Milner and Dahoud joining, Adingra coming back from loan, maybe Alzate coming back, Moder returning to fitness, Ayari and Moran pushing for inclusion, Sarmiento, Gross, Lallana when fit, and probably some other young players not on anyones radar yet joining, it is going to be tough for anyone to nail a starting position down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like Enciso he is going to be a superstar, whether it is here though is debatable. Big foreign clubs hoover up players like this. I think he has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few games

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Like Enciso he is going to be a superstar, whether it is here though is debatable. Big foreign clubs hoover up players like this. I think he has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few games
If he keeps this trajectory going only the very elite will be able to afford him.

Another one !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But

But, but

But, but, BUT I read on here a few days ago he was SHIT and should never be near the first team.

So who was wearing his shirt in that sublime performance last night?
One of the very few downsides to the progression of the squad and these young pups is that fans expect them all to progress at the same rate. So when it doesn't immediately click (Facu, JPVH to use the two most obvious examples) there's frustration that is, to me, unjustified. No, they're not going to be on the same level as those who they've replaced in the squad – that much is obvious. But Wednesday night showed that they CAN step up when required, even though they might not be able to do so EVERY game at the moment.

I have no doubt they'll get there – great talents and learning from one of the best (of the past 20 years, according to Pep!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the very few downsides to the progression of the squad and these young pups is that fans expect them all to progress at the same rate. So when it doesn't immediately click (Facu, JPVH to use the two most obvious examples) there's frustration that is, to me, unjustified. No, they're not going to be on the same level as those who they've replaced in the squad – that much is obvious. But Wednesday night showed that they CAN step up when required, even though they might not be able to do so EVERY game at the moment.

I have no doubt they'll get there – great talents and learning from one of the best (of the past 20 years, according to Pep!).
The bigger problem is the expectation that their progress will be upwardly linear.
It absolutely won't be, but that won't stop the detractors moaning when a couple of 'easy' chances/tackles are missed.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Yes and remember Julio has played more this season. He wasn't great at the start, and is still not perfect

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thing is, though, we did need to send Aaron Connolly out on loan!
Ha! Yes we did. It just goes to prove (who knew?) that there is no 'cookie cutter' approach to producing a top footballer. David Beckham and Harry Kane (to name but two) both went out on loan, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney didn't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We've got an Argentinian international.

Buonanotte has just started his first senior match. Youngest player chosen by Scaloni.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports