[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We were struggling at the end of last season with injuries and fatigue.
That’s why we need an option to call back early built into the loan agreement (that doesnt have to be during the transfer window either, you can call back players anytime during the season if early call back is agreed ab initio - and pretty sure TB/RDZ/PB would be savvy enough to negotiate that early call back clause if it was felt necessary.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Decent loan to see what he can do

At times with him last year it was like playing with 10 men . He did show the odd glimpse of quality though .

Hope he tears it up and comes back a different , better player

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not a chance there’s a buy option in that. He’s only been here since January. He was brought in as a young prospect with lots of hype, no chance after 6 months & few appearances we’re binning him off.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Really can't face dealing with these chumps again. Why can't we sent him to a decent club with a decent fan base. Bristol City, Norwich, Plymouth. Why Leeds?
I guess they fit the profile best of the teams who registered interest.

- will he get game time in the correct position?
- will the team be competitive playing at a good level?
- is the play style at all similar to Brightons?
- will he be able to communicate given his relatively low level of English (ie are there Spanish speakers there)?
- what other teams came in for him?

Leeds aren’t my favourite team but if he knocks it out of the park there, comes back to us a better player and leaves Leeds fans whining again, all the better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What has slightly altered things here, I think, is the amount of game time these players – Goodnight, Ayari, etc – got at the end of last season. If we had a fully-fit squad – and no cup run – they wouldn't have been anywhere near the starting lineup, so would probably have gone out on loan this season anyway, as many of the young pups have done and will do in the future.

As well as they did for a few games, a full season at PL level is a different story. Give them the valuable experience and then they'll come back better/stronger – see: Mitoma, Caicedo, Adingra, etc, etc, etc. Definitely ones for the future – I see potential in all of them :thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's actually only one source for the Leeds loan. And its not a very credible one (based in Argentina)
Its true that RDZ has mentioned he "might" go on loan this season to guarantee game time but as ever i think Twitter is getting a bit carried away. (and then NSC has joined in)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It’s going to be a long, hard (and probably cold) season. All hands will be needed at the pump. I hope Bloom hasn’t thrown RDZ under the bus with this move.
All hands will probably not be needed. Hence Sarmiento playing for West Brom, and Ayari off to Coventry.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don't know what everybody is so worried about. Buonaotte is a ten who has been played as RW. Currently in those positions we have Enciso, JP, Welbeck, Adingra, March, Lallana, Gross can play there, Peupion hasn't gone on loan yet, Lamptey is staying and could offer more as RW than at RB currently. It would take an Injury crisis of truly momentous levels to get anywhere near the point we looked desperate. We've also been constantly linked with players that are left footed but can play RW (Kudus, Palmer). AND Mazilu comes in in January.

Players like Sarmiento and Buonaotte need to a) get used to the physical side of the game and b) start nailing down their best position. That won't happen playing the odd league cup game. They won't be playing U21s so they literally wouldn't be playing unless this catastrophised injury crisis happens.

We have an impeccable development system here. It'll be alright.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports