Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Who would you play him instead of?
In the role behind strikers that Mac is currently playing. I'm not saying he should be picked ahead of Mac, obviously, but we have a squad not just 11 players, it's not out of the question that Facu might start some games due to injuries/rotation

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
It was WONDERFUL to see the three kids come on and play like they did…Everyone keeps commenting on how impressive our ‘current’ first eleven is, with the assumption that ‘when’ we lose Pervis, Alexis, Mitoma, Caicedo (Lallana & Colwill) that it’ll be back to BAU (survival) BUT…PVH, Fergie, Jeremy, Enciso & Buenanotte!!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In the role behind strikers that Mac is currently playing. I'm not saying he should be picked ahead of Mac, obviously, but we have a squad not just 11 players, it's not out of the question that Facu might start some games due to injuries/rotation
..like the FA Cup game of the past week

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
it's not out of the question that Facu might start some games due to injuries/rotation
Facu started against Stoke when March was out - he can play on either wing.

However, he seems happier to me playing in CAM as a no 10 (with Mac playing deeper with Caceido?) which is what he played at Rosario.

Nobody needs to be dropped for Buonanotte or Sarmiento or Enciso - all these young players can be regularly rotated in as subs and also start to cover injuries/match bans.

Eventually players like Mackie and Mitoma will be moving on - these youngsters are building up game time and experience to be in a position to replace them - we are a team constantly in transition- already Pervis is proving better that Cucu, Caceido is better than Biss - none of it was overnight though.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
rosario central now being taken to court by another one of his ex clubs over alleged unpaid sell on clauses

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
First face I saw when I opened twitter this morning was ALexis'

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Buonanotte didn't make the bench.
Didn’t they call up something like 35 players for this international window?

For someone like Buonanotte this will be more about the experience of training with the senior squad and seeing how he does in that company than necessarily getting him game time. It’s a huge learning opportunity for such a young lad and just training with their senior players he’ll gain valuable knowledge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Everyone just take a moment.
A key player in Argentina's World Cup success, and what appears to be their most highly regarded 18 year old. At Brighton.
Let that sink in.
Incredible really.
So all we need now is for Mac and Facu to convince Messi to join us and it's jobs a good'un.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So all we need now is for Mac and Facu to convince Messi to join us and it's jobs a good'un.
Never mind 'pride of the south coast', we'll be 'pride of South America' if any more come and SING!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Buonanotte didn't make the bench.
I wouldn‘t be too disappointed about that 🙂

He’s part of the squad so the fact he is not on the bench is by and by - he will learn a great deal (and get a lot of inspiration) from intensive training with the first team.

I think it’s also great for him to continue to be acknowledged by his home Country as the notable young talent he undoubtedly is - to progress from being capped for the international U21s (who’s probably already had some training overlap with the first team) to being called up to the first team squad is a brilliant career validation for any young player imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here