Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
South American players seem to be our thing currently, he looks a bit like Mahrez in style to me.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Probably need to move quick on this one. Couple of reports overnight that both Citi group and Juventus have been sniffing round.

His club looking at 8m, twice what we’ve offered. Not a surprise really considering his potential, what we paid for Enciso and also our financial incomings this window.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is there any more to this than BHAFC have had some success recently with emerging South American talent, ergo they are a credible club to link to an emerging South American talent?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Probably need to move quick on this one. Couple of reports overnight that both Citi group and Juventus have been sniffing round.

His club looking at 8m, twice what we’ve offered. Not a surprise really considering his potential, what we paid for Enciso and also our financial incomings this window.

Based on the 2 minutes of highlights I've seen, I say we pay the 8 right now before someone else does.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Our transfer policy is like me playing Football Manager

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Agree with this.

I think we’ve got enough money in the transfer kitty to speculate on this at £8m.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Our South American scout must wonder whether the rest of our scouting team are on holiday :wink:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
https://www.transfermarkt.us/facundo-buonanotte/profil/spieler/983989

They have him as an attacking midfielder and they put his value at $55k

Teansfermarkt is useless for transfer value.

It's even worse for youngsters and especially those not in Europe.

They base value more on a players reputation and current contract than actual ability.

I'd trust Football Manager more for deciding if a player is worth it, as do a lot of clubs as they use a version of the FM database for scouting purposes.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
that would be impressive. the argentines in the replies seem to think rosario are getting fleeced at 4M

Everything I've seen implies that for his talent and potential he's currently worth around £6-10m but if he was in the Brazilian league far more.

Mostly it's South Americans being excited that clubs like us are looking at their players rather than MLS/Mexican teams as they develop far better in Europe.

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
Honestly, while I do think he could easily be worth 8-10m for his potential, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's sold for 4m or less.

As far as I know Rosario Central's President's term is about to end so he's apparently selling what he can as quickly as possible so all the sales go through before the elections. They just sold Lautaro Blanco, a 23-year-old who's probably the best crosser in the Argentinian league to La Liga in Spain for only 2m, for example. Even selling bad players to small Brazilian teams usually means more money than that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just get this done so we can focus on bringing in a striker and CB if JPVH goes out on loan...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here