Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup v Stoke early thoughts

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This season I’m really not fussed. I would rest the following as minimum:

Welbeck, Pedro, Gilmour, Gross, JPVH, Dunk, Lallana, Estupinan.

I think a mixture of U21’s and some experienced pros who need minutes would be good. Would be good to see Moder, Verbruggen and Dahoud get a start and I would start Ferguson as well, he needs a goal.
Pedro definitely needs a rest. He has been excellent for us but covers so much ground and works really hard.
Gross too.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Considering we have a break after the match against Stoke, we could field a stronger team against them.

We'll probably play weaker sides (full of kids) in the next few rounds but, you never know, we may be drawn against a non-league club or two.

Might as well get the win against Stoke and see where that takes us.
That´s worryingly entitled sounding ;)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This Saturday I shall mostly be sporting thermals.

As to the strength of side, I'll leave that to RdZ.

Therm.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fit players for Stoke

Plus u23s

Keepers
Steele
Verbruggen

Defenders
Hinshelwood
Van Hecke
Dunk
Estupinan

Midfield
Gross
Gilmour
Milner
Dahoud
Baleba
Moder
Lallana

Strikers
Pedro
Welbeck
Ferguson
Fit players for Stoke - updated to include Webdini

Plus u23s

Keepers
Steele
Verbruggen

Defenders
Hinshelwood
Van Hecke
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan

Midfield
Gross
Gilmour
Milner
Dahoud
Baleba
Moder
Lallana

Strikers
Pedro
Welbeck
Ferguson

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Shows FA cup is a proper competition when Maidstonbe can be drawn against Stevenage and Liverpool v Man Utd. Unlike Europa League where even in last 16 there are 8ish of better sides kept away from each other in hope by organisers that biggest sides reach the semis

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shows FA cup is a proper competition when Maidstonbe can be drawn against Stevenage and Liverpool v Man Utd. Unlike Europa League where even in last 16 there are 8ish of better sides kept away from each other in hope by organisers that biggest sides reach the semis
True but In the last 30 years aside from the single wins by Portsmouth , Wigan, Everton and Leicester. Every winner has either been just one of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City or Man Utd and they usually play one of each other in the final too.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
why does any player "need" a rest when everyone will be getting a 16 day rest at least after Saturday - given that our next fixture is v Wolves on Jan 22nd. ?
Naturally to avoid all chances of injury after just 3 recovery days ahead of Stoke.
There are a number of players who have been flogged to death with the growing injury list since October, despite rotation.
It's not worth Gross, Billy or Pedro featuring at all at Stoke for me, I wouldn't risk them personally.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naturally to avoid all chances of injury after just 3 recovery days ahead of Stoke.
There are a number of players who have been flogged to death with the growing injury list since October, despite rotation.
It's not worth Gross, Billy or Pedro featuring at all at Stoke for me, I wouldn't risk them personally.
Of course and if injuries are a risk (eg: Estupinan, Webster) then fair enough but for once RDZ doesn't need to rotate or rest players because there's a game on Thursday or the following weekend. or the weekend after that (assuming no replays).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Of course and if injuries are a risk (eg: Estupinan, Webster) then fair enough but for once RDZ doesn't need to rotate or rest players because there's a game on Thursday or the following weekend. or the weekend after that (assuming no replays).
Hope we get minutes into others and more U21 cameos.
Give Baleba a start, more important minutes for Moder and get Dahoud back in as he's rightly been out of favour.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The team / squad for Boro (A) in the third round last year was pretty much full strength. (Admittedly this was post World Cup).
Although Dunk wasn't in the squad, and Trossard was out in the cold waiting to be sold. No u21s.

team.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The team / squad for Boro (A) in the third round last year was pretty much full strength. (Admittedly this was post World Cup).
Although Dunk wasn't in the squad, and Trossard was out in the cold waiting to be sold. No u21s.

View attachment 172232
At the time of that game, Van Hecke and Enciso had never started a Premier League match for the Albion, and Sarmiento had played one...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At the time of that game, Van Hecke and Enciso had never started a Premier League match for the Albion, and Sarmiento had played one...
Sarmiento never started that many more . But fair play. Not sure we have the equivalent of a a fit Enciso, / JPVH waiting in the wings this time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sarmiento never started that many more . But fair play. Not sure we have the equivalent of a a fit Enciso, / JPVH waiting in the wings this time.
That's the exciting bit though, Jem. We won't know until we UNLEASH them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fit players for Stoke - updated to include Webdini

Plus u23s

Keepers
Steele
Verbruggen

Defenders
Hinshelwood
Van Hecke
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan

Midfield
Gross
Gilmour
Milner
Dahoud
Baleba
Moder
Lallana

Strikers
Pedro
Welbeck
Ferguson
is Buonanotte injured..... thought he was just subbed the other night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here