Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Massive game for Man Utd tonight. Hopefully it will go to extra time.
Plus a dispiriting exit on penalties, with a few serious injuries to boot.

Palace Dan

no guessing which team!
Apr 14, 2010
Here in peace. Wishing you the best of fortune Sunday. I feel confident that a lot of palace fans want you guys to win. Your team deserves success this season, rivalry aside that in my book is unquestionable. Enjoy the day. Enjoy the win. Enjoy the scramble for cup final tickets. Take care.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Weird thread on Man Utd's Forum asking whether they'd rather beat us on Sunday and lose in the league, or the other way around: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wou...in-the-league-or-the-fa-cup-now.476610/page-1

Okay, most answers are sensible, but there are actually some people who would rather have three league points than an FA Cup Final! Bizarre. Some of them are coming from the angle that they would expect to lose to City in the Final and would prefer the coward's way out, but some just think that three points to help solidify third or fourth place is preferable to an FA Cup Final.

That's an FA Cup Final! - The chance to record a terrible pop single; For one of the squad to take on one of the opponents in a FA Cup Final snooker match on FA Cup Final Grandstand; for some of their celebrity fans and former players to appear on a special edition of Question of Sport with the ghost of David Coleman; joint top billing in the 'Road To Wembley' video compilation; interviews with the players on the coach as they travel from the hotel to the ground; seeing them walk the pitch in the Wembley sunshine, wearing horrible suits; trying to avoid creepy Ken Bailey; Shaking hands with the monarch; an opera singer doing 'Abide With Me'. THE FA CUP FINAL!

I don't understand. It's a different world. Nothing's like it was when I were a lad and I just feel very old.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Weird thread on Man Utd's Forum asking whether they'd rather beat us on Sunday and lose in the league, or the other way around: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wou...in-the-league-or-the-fa-cup-now.476610/page-1

Okay, most answers are sensible, but there are actually some people who would rather have three league points than an FA Cup Final! Bizarre. Some of them are coming from the angle that they would expect to lose to City in the Final and would prefer the coward's way out, but some just think that three points to help solidify third or fourth place is preferable to an FA Cup Final.

That's an FA Cup Final! - The chance to record a terrible pop single; For one of the squad to take on one of the opponents in a FA Cup Final snooker match on FA Cup Final Grandstand; for some of their celebrity fans and former players to appear on a special edition of Question of Sport with the ghost of David Coleman; joint top billing in the 'Road To Wembley' video compilation; interviews with the players on the coach as they travel from the hotel to the ground; seeing them walk the pitch in the Wembley sunshine, wearing horrible suits; trying to avoid creepy Ken Bailey; Shaking hands with the monarch; an opera singer doing 'Abide With Me'. THE FA CUP FINAL!

I don't understand. It's a different wolrd. Nothing's like it was when I were a lad and I just feel very old.
Interesting that some fans would rather lose to us in the semi-final rather than City in the final!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I don't understand. It's a different wolrd. Nothing's like it was when I were a lad and I just feel very old.
It's just a shame that Everton aren't still in the mix, as Cup Final day is never the same without Stan Boardman telling his jokes about the Germans.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's just a shame that Everton aren't still in the mix, as Cup Final day is never the same without Stan Boardman telling his jokes about the Germans.
Wasn't he a red? They bombed his chip shop you know.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
"Programmes, Programmes, Get your Programmes"

Attachments

• FuJ1imdagAAUHNS.jpeg
    FuJ1imdagAAUHNS.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 103

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As we all look forward to our SF with our fantastic squad, a blast from the past to keep things in context......... just how far we've come

FA Cup semi-finals: The inside story of Brighton's incredible escape from disaster​

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to give the choice of which cover - unless they've done one of those fancy things where there's two front covers, that you see the other one when you flip it over.
It is! You can order a copy from this online store for £6.99 including postage (cheaper than the previous links given, which typically I've already used as easier than carting these things around): https://www.themagazineshop.com/pro...ssociation/brighton-hove-albion-v-man-united/

In the description, they say: "Flip programme. In a remake of the 1983 FA Cup final, Roberto De Zerbi’s high flying Seagulls take on Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United, themselves chasing a unique domestic cup double. Exclusive interviews include Erik Ten Hag, Marcel Sabitzer, Robert De Zerbi, Danny Welbeck, Gary Stevens, Arthur Albiston, Bryan Robson, Paul McShane, and loads more!"

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here