[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
There will of course be some Brighton fans that sell/give their guest tickets to United fans (their mates or as a way to earn a quick buck). Hopefully not many but it's bound to have happened. Are there any terms on the tickets that say seats in the Brighton end shouldn't be given to oppoistion fans?

I personally think this is horrendous behaviour if they have. If, and I actually doubt there are, any terms saying this is prohibited I think anyone that spots a United fan in the Brighton end at Wembley should take note of their seat/row/block number and pass this information onto the club. Would love some disciplinary action to be taken against people who've deprived actual Brighton fans of a chance to see their team in an FA cup semi

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Whilst acknowledging that point, I'm not sure how the club can hold you accountable for the behaviour of someone you have bought a guest ticket for.
Surely they can only take action on that person.
I don't think that will necessarily be the case.. depends on the misdemeanour of the individual and the due diligence of the STH in inviting them as a guest.. that for me is the important word.. guest. If a guest to a members club got hammered and threw up in an ice bucket, the member might get a ticking off for not controlling their guest. If the misdemeanour was more serious and the defence was " I don't even know the bloke" I suspect the member would get a different punishment. It's like Clubs getting fined for "not controlling their fans" .. by association it is your problem as the STH who invited them.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s impossible to police guest tickets because for example I got tickets in a certain section then had I bought guest tickets these seats would have been in a totally different part of the stadium and so the named booker wouldn’t be present.

It just seems like it’s inviting touting, I do think tickets should have had to be named, even when bought as guest tickets, that would have eradicated the issue of touting. (Alongside random ID checks)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There will of course be some Brighton fans that sell/give their guest tickets to United fans (their mates or as a way to earn a quick buck). Hopefully not many but it's bound to have happened. Are there any terms on the tickets that say seats in the Brighton end shouldn't be given to oppoistion fans?

I personally think this is horrendous behaviour if they have. If, and I actually doubt there are, any terms saying this is prohibited I think anyone that spots a United fan in the Brighton end at Wembley should take note of their seat/row/block number and pass this information onto the club. Would love some disciplinary action to be taken against people who've deprived actual Brighton fans of a chance to see their team in an FA cup semi
I was asked by someone I know well who is an Irish United fan if I could blag a ticket for him. My response was “no f***ing way am I getting a ticket for a United fan in the Brighton end, even if I could” :smile:

He looked quite offended, oh well :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But the law of the land precludes selling on of football tickets. As do Albion's Ts&Cs.

I guess the STH guest thing is a slightly grey area in terms of this, as if a STH buys for a mate, the mate is sure to give the STH the money back.

But there is a clear and obvious difference between that, and someone going onto a social media site and advertising a ticket for sale to any purchaser willing to meet an inflated above-face-value price.
Interestingly, the FA T&Cs for the FA Cup explicitly allow tickets to be transferred ‘at no more than face value’ (plus other conditions)………..and the club have linked these T&Cs on our website.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah exactly this.

I spent a good 10 minutes struggling with my two guest tickets as I tried to assign them to my dad and my son's fan numbers.
Eventually realised it had to be under my name :facepalm:

Even then it took me a while to realise I could effectively sell the tickets to anyone.
That can't be right... Surely buying for someone should be the start of them being fans. How does a child going to games build up a purchase history?
How far short were we?

Seemed pretty close to a sell out to me.
Attendance figure I saw was was just under 30k and that included 4.5k Grimsby fans. Don't think we sold out Liverpool either.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Purchase history does carry its own points.
We gambled 12 days before Grimsby and bought my step-grandson MA+. He came up with 62 LPs and so was Priority 2 in MA+ window.
Exactly…so a window for those with PH over a certain number of points would have made sense…..

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
I hope the club ban any fan for obtaining a ticket(s) for Utd "supporters in our end, from buying tickets for the final (if/when we make it).

I myself am gutted at missing out on a ticket due to only having a purchase history. C'est la vie. Will try my luck on day of the game by going to one of the hot spots (Baker Street/Marylebone) hoping someone may have a spare ticket through a guest not being able to make it for one reason or another.

Incidentally, for those using public transport Marylebone station is the much better route to Wembley stadium (only a couple of stops) and the trains are usually less crowded. Plenty of watering holes within reasonable walking distance. Ideal if you have kids in tow.
Baker Street can be very crowded (lots of pushing and shoving and possibly agg from opposing fans)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s impossible to police guest tickets because for example I got tickets in a certain section then had I bought guest tickets these seats would have been in a totally different part of the stadium and so the named booker wouldn’t be present.

It just seems like it’s inviting touting, I do think tickets should have had to be named, even when bought as guest tickets, that would have eradicated the issue of touting. (Alongside random ID checks)

I think that actually on paper anyway should help matters as it’s unlikely you will be sitting anywhere near the guest based on availability (unless tactical seat gaps have paid off or you placed yourself in the gods from the outset) therefore you need to be very confident you know the person and that they understand the implications to you if they muck about

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I know it is a fact. One example of many - a STH I know who goes alone to the Amex got guest tickets for his disinterested daughter and staunch United fan son in law. Most aren’t as principled with this sort of thing as a lot of diehards on here would wish them to be, unfortunately.
Rather like the original poster who claimed that what he thinks is happening is therefore a fact! Yes, you may know of such an incident, and if you say so, I don't doubt the veracity of what you write, but then to give your view more credence you then go on to say that most do the same thing, whereas you could not possibly be in such a position to make a sweeping judgement.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m not arguing about the benefits of membership though. I agree I’ve been fully aware of the benefits, including priority for certain tickets. The gripe is directed at all the non-fan day trippers and, most annoyingly, United fans. If the ability to buy guest tickets for big games was listed as a STH benefit from the start of the season I’d have no argument, but it was a decision made recently.

Hopefully more tickets will be released so a lot of the genuine fans I know who have missed out can go anyway.
It's not been made recently, it's always been a benefit of being an ST holder. Most PL games go to members then ST guests, then purchase history. This is the on sale dates for up and coming fixtures, but it's been the case for years.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...e=usercontent/documents/html/onsaledates.html

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Why?

They were bought in the "Guest" window.
Whoever you sell to will be your guest.

I'm not aware of any provision on who that guest might be.
The guest ticket has got my name and fan number on, I would not sell it to anyone I do not know. When I say touting, I'm talking about the touts that will be waiting outside the tube station buying and selling tickets. It could all come back to bite me on the bum....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The guest ticket has got my name and fan number on, I would not sell it to anyone I do not know. When I say touting, I'm talking about the touts that will be waiting outside the tube station buying and selling tickets. It could all come back to bite me on the bum....
Thought. How can a tout sell a digital ticket? Sending a link via phone is all well and good but at least with a paper ticket you've a rough idea if it is fake.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Thought. How can a tout sell a digital ticket? Sending a link via phone is all well and good but at least with a paper ticket you've a rough idea if it is fake.
At least the people with paper tickets will get in. As a worrier I'm picturing all the mobile networks going down with the 3pm siren. Is this a possibility? Ironic they have changed the time not to worry us whilst in the stadium.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At least the people with paper tickets will get in. As a worrier I'm picturing all the mobile networks going down with the 3pm siren. Is this a possibility? Ironic they have changed the time not to worry us whilst in the stadium.
If you have the ticket in your (phone) wallet, you don't need connectivity. The stadium scanner will read the QR code of the ticket and stadium software will determine whether you get in or not.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
At the expense of fans who can’t afford season tickets?

Fact is, season ticket holders buying two extra tickets are likely buying them for people who don’t attend games, have membership etc that’s why I disagreed with that policy, it’s encouraging tickets falling into the hands of those who just want to go simply because it’s a ‘day out’ not because they really support the club.

If you’re a season ticket holder, you should be able to get first choice but I can’t quite get my head around why me being a season ticket holder means I’m entitled to get tickets for a couple of my mates who never come to games?

Ultimately I think the club have made a mistake here because lots of our tickets are going to end up in the hands of man United supporters, I’ve seen ManU supporters on Facebook offering £100 for £45 tickets.
I really don’t think so at all. Do you really think your fellow most loyal STHs would sell their soul and invite Mancs into our end? I really don’t think so. I’ve tried to explain that Barbs saw a free commercially-clever opportunity here and took it. The only people to ‘lose out’ are those who have no formal affiliation to the club whatsoever, just fancied a big day out without having to make any commitment. No sympathy. Move on, thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports