Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At the expense of fans who can’t afford season tickets?

Fact is, season ticket holders buying two extra tickets are likely buying them for people who don’t attend games, have membership etc that’s why I disagreed with that policy, it’s encouraging tickets falling into the hands of those who just want to go simply because it’s a ‘day out’ not because they really support the club.

If you’re a season ticket holder, you should be able to get first choice but I can’t quite get my head around why me being a season ticket holder means I’m entitled to get tickets for a couple of my mates who never come to games?

Ultimately I think the club have made a mistake here because lots of our tickets are going to end up in the hands of man United supporters, I’ve seen ManU supporters on Facebook offering £100 for £45 tickets.
Overheard two people at the gym this morning saying how excited they were that they were going…….’I’ve never been to a football match before but xxxxx got me a ticket’. Will be loads of ‘STH guests‘ in this category I guess - partners being encouraged along for the occasion etc :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was about to say the same - would have thought that the club would prefer to have a fan number on every ticket bought, a) to help prevent ticket touting, and b) in case of anyone being a bit naughty, it's much easier to ban that person's fan number directly than to work out which STH was responsible for them and decide whether to ban them as well
Yeah exactly this.

I spent a good 10 minutes struggling with my two guest tickets as I tried to assign them to my dad and my son's fan numbers.
Eventually realised it had to be under my name :facepalm:

Even then it took me a while to realise I could effectively sell the tickets to anyone.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Totally agree it must be decided up front, not suggesting a retrofit.

The bigger point is that we did not sell out for the Grimsby game and maybe going forward this would help.
Nah - that's moving the goalposts.

To retrospectively introduce such a rule absolutely would NOT be fair. If you are going to have a "priority for later cup rounds" rule, it has to be announced in advance so people know the rules they are playing by, and can adjust their behaviour to suit, if they wish.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I bought a guest ticket for my daughter, it has my name an fan number on. Anyone would be daft to tout their ticket tbh...
Why?

They were bought in the "Guest" window.
Whoever you sell to will be your guest.

I'm not aware of any provision on who that guest might be.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Totally agree it must be decided up front, not suggesting a retrofit.

The bigger point is that we did not sell out for the Grimsby game and maybe going forward this would help.
How far short were we?

Seemed pretty close to a sell out to me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
At the expense of fans who can’t afford season tickets?

Fact is, season ticket holders buying two extra tickets are likely buying them for people who don’t attend games, have membership etc that’s why I disagreed with that policy, it’s encouraging tickets falling into the hands of those who just want to go simply because it’s a ‘day out’ not because they really support the club.

If you’re a season ticket holder, you should be able to get first choice but I can’t quite get my head around why me being a season ticket holder means I’m entitled to get tickets for a couple of my mates who never come to games?

Ultimately I think the club have made a mistake here because lots of our tickets are going to end up in the hands of man United supporters, I’ve seen ManU supporters on Facebook offering £100 for £45 tickets.
Hasn’t that been the case for all of our Wembley/Cardiff POF games? All of a sudden whatever league we are in we muster up 40k fans.
It was a massive game last Saturday in the European spot run in and loads of empty seats in the Stadium. It’s always been that way a good few thousand hard core with plenty of glory hunters.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
But how do you know that it is a fact -that is simply what you want to think. How do you know that they are not buying a ticket for family members who also support the Albion? I see your point that not everyone can afford a season ticket or indeed commit to every match, but the cheaper alternative surely is then to be an Albion + member -then you would have been before the guests in the pecking order.
I know it is a fact. One example of many - a STH I know who goes alone to the Amex got guest tickets for his disinterested daughter and staunch United fan son in law. Most aren’t as principled with this sort of thing as a lot of diehards on here would wish them to be, unfortunately.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why?

But the law of the land precludes selling on of football tickets. As do Albion's Ts&Cs.

I guess the STH guest thing is a slightly grey area in terms of this, as if a STH buys for a mate, the mate is sure to give the STH the money back.

But there is a clear and obvious difference between that, and someone going onto a social media site and advertising a ticket for sale to any purchaser willing to meet an inflated above-face-value price.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I bought a guest ticket for my daughter, it has my name an fan number on. Anyone would be daft to tout their ticket tbh...

Why?

I think the point @BigBod is making is that you'd be daft as a STH to tout your ticket to someone you don't know ... someone who maybe a Utd supporter ... someone that's a bellend who might cause themselves to be 'noticed' ... and could come back on you with possible consequences for your season ticket.

Whereas buying for your daughter or good friend ... hopefully someone that has been to games before that you can trust ... won't cause you the same issue.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Keeping checking on an ad hoc basis people, that’s the second time this morning I’ve seen tickets pop up.
Worth noting for those still looking that (for now at least) the windows don’t go below STH Guest Priority 2 (ie the window the initial allocation sold out in). Remaining window dates have been removed from the table and replaced with ‘TBC’.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But the law of the land precludes selling on of football tickets. As do Albion's Ts&Cs.

I guess the STH guest thing is a slightly grey area in terms of this, as if a STH buys for a mate, the mate is sure to give the STH the money back.

But there is a clear and obvious difference between that, and someone going onto a social media site and advertising a ticket for sale to any purchaser willing to meet an inflated above-face-value price.
I guess it depends how obviously you are touting the ticket.

As said above, I was surprised the Guest option didn't require a fan number (maybe a tier which should have been considered )

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I know it is a fact. One example of many - a STH I know who goes alone to the Amex got guest tickets for his disinterested daughter and staunch United fan son in law. Most aren’t as principled with this sort of thing as a lot of diehards on here would wish them to be, unfortunately.
Hopefully that Utd fan will have nothing to cheer about!! But if they do ... and they make themselves known as a Utd fan ... I hope they're pointed out and thrown out! And a word had with that STH by the club!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I thought I heard somewhere that Wembley tickets are transferable.
I didn't check whether that was the case or not, so may have been BS.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the point @BigBod is making is that you'd be daft as a STH to tout your ticket to someone you don't know ... someone who maybe a Utd supporter ... someone that's a bellend who might cause themselves to be 'noticed' ... and could come back on you with possible consequences for your season ticket.

Whereas buying for your daughter or good friend ... hopefully someone that has been to games before that you can trust ... won't cause you the same issue.
Whilst acknowledging that point, I'm not sure how the club can hold you accountable for the behaviour of someone you have bought a guest ticket for.
Surely they can only take action on that person.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I thought I heard somewhere that Wembley tickets are transferable.
I didn't check whether that was the case or not, so may have been BS.

Debenture owners of Club Wembley seats/boxes are allowed to sell their tickets for games they aren't attending ... but they will have paid a lot for those debentures.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The checks at Wembley are non-existent, I can guarantee you touting is going to be a massive issue, it always is at big events but my personal opinion is, allowing all STH to get 2 guest tickets is asking for trouble.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Whilst acknowledging that point, I'm not sure how the club can hold you accountable for the behaviour of someone you have bought a guest ticket for.
Surely they can only take action on that person.
13.12 You, as the Season Ticket Holder, will be held responsible and liable for the behaviour of your Guest. If the Guest breaches the Terms & Conditions of Entry, both you and the Guest shall be held liable for such breach in accordance with these Season Ticket Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and you and your Guest will be sanctioned in accordance with the Club's sanctions tariff set out in the Club Charter (which can be found at https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/club-charter).

It's in the terms and conditions. You are legally responsible for the behaviour of your guest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here