Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Round 4 Brighton & Hove Albion v Newcastle United** Official Match Thread **

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
In todays Sun, Alan Pardew is quoted as saying " This is one of the hardest ties in the round.....We'll try to win, but I'd take a draw for sure "
He's taking it very seriously indeed and I expect Toon to put out the strongest squad possible.
It won't help him though, we'll still win 2-1 ! :)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Cheer Warrington, I am so looking forward to this. The Toon army will be in full voice, as will our boys. On the pitch I hope the Geordies will be a bit off the pace, and the blue and white stripes bang on.

I am going to say a 1-1 draw today.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It is time to unleash him

cVicenteBrighton_newshubdotbg.jpg

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Wing ?

The Guardian says:

Brighton--Hove-Albion-v-N-001.jpg

They could be right. The Newcastle team seems right, but Ben Arfa is left-sided? And with Brighton having a particualrly strong left midfield/wingers in Vicente, Kazenga, Noone, and Jake, the idea of putting Buckley on the left side is just what could happen?

I think I would play the Guardian team with El Abd instead of Hall, but with Noone, Vicente, Kazenga, Hall, Harley (reserve set pieces), Vincelot and one other on the bench: probably Agdestein.

Pardew is a 4-4-2 addict and after the 4-3-3 experiment at Fulham went awry in the second half ...

PS: I would put Buckley on the right. We do not want Santon coming forward. He will give Calderon too much trouble.

I like the idea of Greer at left back. Poke is included in the subs bench so that puts their choice into perspective.

Is Haris Vučkić injured?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone else get slightly annoyed when the newspapers HAVE to cover us, and then when they put a likely team out, have not got a scooby about our formation etc...

Squad sheets: Brighton Hove Albion v Newcastle United | Football | The Guardian
The strange thing is how they get it wrong... you'd have to do some kind of research to put Hall into the team for example, but in doing so how would you think Greer's a leftback, Buckley's a leftwinger, Navarro will play etc?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Guardian says:

Brighton--Hove-Albion-v-N-001.jpg

They could be right. The Newcastle team seems right, but Ben Arfa is left-sided? And with Brighton having a particualrly strong left midfield/wingers in Vicente, Kazenga, Noone, and Jake, the idea of putting Buckley on the left side is just what could happen?

I think I would play the Guardian team with El Abd instead of Hall, but with Noone, Vicente, Kazenga, Hall, Harley (reserve set pieces), Vincelot and one other on the bench: probably Agdestein.

Pardew is a 4-4-2 addict and after the 4-3-3 experiment at Fulham went awry in the second half ...

PS: I would put Buckley on the right. We do not want Santon coming forward. He will give Calderon too much trouble.

I like the idea of Greer at left back. Poke is included in the subs bench so that puts their choice into perspective.

Is Haris Vučkić injured?

Cllocinni is very doubtful, whole defence would have shift around if out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here