[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
For an FA Cup Quarter Final? Is that where football is these days?

Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Relatively short notice, against a team people expect us to steamroller, on TV, to book us a place at Wembley which will be a very pricey day out.

I very well may be wrong but I think we struggle to sell it out at £25. Obviously I’d be happy to be wrong. £55 for an adult and two kids is a fair chunk to a lot of people, especially when a lot of those people will be considering how likely we are to have at least one day out at Wembley on the horizon.
Less than half the cost of the Man U game it replaces that weekend. I’ve already had several messages from people asking if I can get them a ticket (no, I can’t…….**** off). I reckon it’ll sell out easily.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Less than half the cost of the Man U game it replaces that weekend. I’ve already had several messages from people asking if I can get them a ticket (no, I can’t…….**** off). I reckon it’ll sell out easily.

Fair enough, I’d argue the fact it’s Man United would help shift those tickets & not everybody is lucky enough to be able to either shift around plans last minute or add another expense they hadn’t budgeted for in to their month - especially when there’s a strong chance they’ll need to fork over even more money next month.

As I say I hope it sells out, I’d love our fans to match theirs on the day. Maybe non-league football has corrupted me. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jimmy Grimble

I think £25 in any other round for Grimsby at home would be a touch steep, but for a first home FA Cup quarter final for 40 years it’s hard to argue with it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think £25 in any other round for Grimsby at home would be a touch steep, but for a first home FA Cup quarter final for 40 years it’s hard to argue with it.
Yeh I don’t mind it - £20 would’ve been fairer but everyone has different opinions on prices and their hard earned…

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yeh I don’t mind it - £20 would’ve been fairer but everyone has different opinions on prices and their hard earned…
THere's probably a price whereby it's not worth the club opening the whole ground and paying all the necessary staff . . .let alone the pigs Fleecing the club as well.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I imagine £25 is even steeper for away fans that pay far less regularly.
Fiar point . . . But it never stopped us going somewhere 'big' and it won't stop them getting sunburn whilst having their houses repossessed to pay for shit fish n chips On the English riviera 😂

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I think as it's a QF with the prospect of a day at Wembley if we win will mean this sells out. Its a massive game.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
20’s plenty - they’re allowed an opinion on price - can’t all be minted like you.

:correct:

I wouldn’t have gone either way, so it doesn’t effect me in the slightest. I did think it would £20 for adults and just under a tenner for kids though.

I think as it's a QF with the prospect of a day at Wembley if we win will mean this sells out. Its a massive game.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I’m probably wrong. I just think in the midst of a cost of living crisis they’ll be a few families who struggled to get the extra funds together.

£55 on tickets (plus any other expenses) is a lot for some people to stump up, especially if they’ve already budgeted their month out since payday. With an extremely kind draw I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few parents telling their kids that they aren’t going to Grimsby because they’re saving for Wembley, that’s all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doesn’t usually stop you :laugh: :laugh:
1677881004817.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports