Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Final Day - 07:45 and not one thread about the event on NSC.

Do you care about the Cup Final today?

• Yes I do

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No I don't

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
At least when ESPN had coveraged they started their Cup Final day coverage at 9am for 3pm KO. BT are having a go with this, but not until 12pm . Five hours worth . 3 more than ITV are chucking at it.

BT are only doing an hour of build up, 12-1, and then showing a rugby match before the cup final.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
City finished 3rd. :dunce:

Sorry, misread the question to be 'when did a team outside the top 4 or 5 feature in the Final?'. A completely different question, I agree.

As it is, I'll probably watch it just to see if Arsenal can reset the trophy timer.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I remember buying a can of Coke and a Mars Bar @ 5p each, and settling down in front of the TV for the biggest domestic game of the season, many moons ago :) Was a bit of a ritual, that is now superceded with BEERS :wink:

The wimdits at the FA have decreed it has to KO @ 5pm, probably just to generate more money! Bring back the 3pm KO FFS! :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's the Aviva Premiership semi-final between Saracens and Harlequins. I'll be watching the FA Cup final afterwards.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Must be honest and am going to watch the Barcelona match instead. The Cup Final (as great as it was) has been tarnished by the Premier League's attitude to it and it's just not special anymore.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Come on Arsenal!

There you go. Colours to mast. I like Arsene.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ten Point Plan to rescue what's left of the FA Cup.

1. All ties to be played on the same day and at the same time.
2. Semi-finals to be played at neutral league grounds, not Wembley.
3. Final to be restored to 3pm
4. No frigging stupid flames / ticker-tape when the teams come onto the pitch for the final.
5. No vocalists leading the singing of Abide With Me. Just the crowd and the Band of the Grenadier Guards.
6. No cutting to commercial breaks the moment the teams walk out and seconds after the final whistle.
7. A guaranteed Champions League place for the winners.
8. A tied final, after extra time, to be replayed at Wembley on the following Thursday night.
9. No stupid pyrotechnics after the game. It doesn't need that.
10. Sort out those stupid steps so the players don't disappear into the bowels of the stadium for 30 seconds when going to collect the trophy / medals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This. Hull to win so that Man Utd aren't in a European competition next season. :thumbsup:

Arsenal to win, if it means that United ARE then in the Europa League. I want them suffering the ignominy of Thursday nights away to Dinamo Plovdiv, followed by tired players losing the next Prem match at home to Stoke. If they are out of Europe altogether that will give them a much better chance of getting their domestic shit together - much like Liverpool this year.

C'mon the Gunners.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ten Point Plan to rescue what's left of the FA Cup.

1. All ties to be played on the same day and at the same time.
2. Semi-finals to be played at neutral league grounds, not Wembley.
3. Final to be restored to 3pm
4. No frigging stupid flames / ticker-tape when the teams come onto the pitch for the final.
5. No vocalists leading the singing of Abide With Me. Just the crowd and the Band of the Grenadier Guards.
6. No cutting to commercial breaks the moment the teams walk out and seconds after the final whistle.
7. A guaranteed Champions League place for the winners.
8. A tied final, after extra time, to be replayed at Wembley on the following Thursday night.
9. No stupid pyrotechnics after the game. It doesn't need that.
10. Sort out those stupid steps so the players don't disappear into the bowels of the stadium for 30 seconds when going to collect the trophy / medals.

Yes to points 2-10, and most especially number 5.

Not point 1 though. Not averse to watching the odd cup tie on TV, so saving a few to each cup Sunday is okay. Not Monday night though. And the draw for each round should NEVER be made BEFORE some ties are played.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Arsenal to win, if it means that United ARE then in the Europa League. I want them suffering the ignominy of Thursday nights away to Dinamo Plovdiv, followed by tired players losing the next Prem match at home to Stoke. If they are out of Europe altogether that will give them a much better chance of getting their domestic shit together - much like Liverpool this year.

C'mon the Gunners.

*Lokomotiv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here