Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Final Day - 07:45 and not one thread about the event on NSC.

Do you care about the Cup Final today?

• Yes I do

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No I don't

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very pleased for Wenger, I like the way Arsenal play their football, and the way they generally conduct their business.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would have loved Hull to have won. Never quite got the Arsenal love-in myself.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You really have to say this is just papering over the cracks,at two down Hull City had The Gunners on the ropes and better teams like Chelsea,Liverpool and Manchester City would have finished then off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rollicking cup final, high on action if low on quality. The mistakes simply added to it. The first proper football match I can remember is the 1979 Cup Final. I was 8 and it finished 3-2 to Arsenal. My boy, who is nearly 8 sat and watched with me today and really got in to it. He remembers the Albion matches I've taken him to this season and Forest and Derby on the telly but still I reckon that one might have restored a small measure of the magic of the cup :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just back from watching the final, in the pub not at Wembley :drink::drink: brilliant match and the best final for ages.
Anyone mention the magic of the cup today? :smile:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I watched it and I think people are getting carried away. It was a half decent game but not that great...at least not as good as the West Ham v Liverpool final a few years back.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
I was just about to post an "FA Cup - do you care?" poll so I'll add it to this thread instead.

As a kid, FA Cup final day was fantastic - the build-up would start, on both channels, early in the morning. TV crews would be camped out at the teams' hotels, they'd be on the coach with them to Wembley, there'd be a Cup Final special of Question of Sport and Stan Boardman would make jokes about the Gaaaaaaairmans if Everton were playing, and they seemed to a lot.

Then came the Champions league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here