[Other Sport] F1 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely pissing it down at the moment!

Always fancied going to Spa as it is my favourite “settee watching” track but bloody hell it does seem to get shit weather most years.

Anyway should be a decent Sprint race if health and safety actually let them race..

No rain for about an hour predicted now

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've been a few times over the years (including 1998 or 1999 - whichever year had the massive pile-up on the run down to Eu Rouge, the pile-up being right by where we were!) and when iffy weather occurs there, it REALLY occurs! Probably my favourite circuit, including the approach. Superb. Not been recently mind...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just get rid of wet tyres, not actually allowed to race in wet conditions anymore - by the time they allow this race to start it will be inter conditions.

So there is going to be 20 cars all pitting for inters and no standing start - just pathetic.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Most of the cars pit as soon as the safety car comes in, it’s just utterly ridiculous.
That's fine because half don't. I'm amazed some didn't during the formation lap. I know the team can't tell someone to pit (someone got in trouble a couple of years back) but if a driver comes in on their own during one of the many formation laps, why not?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How's that a 5 second penalty??? not a Hamilton sympathiser at all, but what on earth is that about.
Big Hamilton fan here so resisted posting my thoughts at the time as I am biased but I totally agree with Brundle. 100% a racing incident and if it had been a Max move I am certain it would have been left as such. Hamilton has a history of being penalised more often than given the benefit of the doubt, unlike Max who normally gets away with it, just like Schumacher did. Red Bull get away with more than any other team and have done for a while, they have taken Ferrari's mantle as the FIA's preferred team.

I'll chuck in a conspiracy theory too. Wasn't head steward Warwick's racing team sponsored by Red Bull?

Not that it matters in the light of this season being over already.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like we may well have a delayed race, weather looks wet and the FIA don't much like wet weather racing these days :down:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Warwick also owns a Honda dealership in Jersey. Should not be a steward - massive conflict of interest.
So he's had a racing team sponsored by Red Bull and is an agent for the engine suppliers of Red Bull and he's the driver steward this weekend? :lolol:

Let's just be grateful that not much rests on this weekend then!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been to SPa 10 times now I think, raced myself 8 times, only once has it been absolutely pissing down.

oh, and once (1st June 2013) it snowed!

its the best.

It's not the weather that the problem, it's the cars.

Nearly always rains at LeMans, and Sillystone Too.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure if I’m just an old git at nearly 30 or if those Max fans are utterly cringe, all wearing orange and raving like idiots, are they aware just how weird they look I wonder :lolol:

I’ve always supported a certain driver more than others but couldn’t imagine myself looking at myself in the mirror and thinking that’s acceptable, it’s like a weird cult.

As for the race, I’m going for max leading after 7 laps. :yawn:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Not sure if I’m just an old git at nearly 30 or if those Max fans are utterly cringe, all wearing orange and raving like idiots, are they aware just how weird they look I wonder :lolol:

I’ve always supported a certain driver more than others but couldn’t imagine myself looking at myself in the mirror and thinking that’s acceptable, it’s like a weird cult.

As for the race, I’m going for max leading after 7 laps. :yawn:
Not that cringe. When you're there it's like a festival so I actually don't mind the orange flag wavers. At least they're mostly in one place. Same as the more reserved face paint and flag waving British tbf just without the flares and matching tshirts

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How does Max finish nearly 30 seconds ahead of his teammate in supposedly the same car?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports