Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2023

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I expect Las Vegas will be made into the biggest spectacle they can ... but IMO the circuit itself looks boring. Take it out of Las Vegas and plonk it on a random bit of land somewhere and you aren't left with much other than some long straights and some relatively simplistic corners.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Looking forward to the Leclerc/Hamilton/Norris battle this evening
Hopefully it won't be too easy for MV starting from 6th

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I expect Las Vegas will be made into the biggest spectacle they can ... but IMO the circuit itself looks boring. Take it out of Las Vegas and plonk it on a random bit of land somewhere and you aren't left with much other than some long straights and some relatively simplistic corners.
After playing on F1 2023, trust me, this track isn't a pig nor boring. It'll be a fun race, very similar to the lockdown Bahrain race on the alternate layout - just with walls around the edge.

Just woken up and seen Hamilton and LeClerc were disqualified - so double points finish for Williams!!!!! Get in. Hope that has secured them that 7th place finish now

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a bizarre qualifying session, with plenty of Stewards action still to come.

A race with a mixed up field will be well worth watching.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Max getting his excuse in early for excessive skid block wear

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
So, Brazil. Mercedes got their setup completely wrong, so Perez probably now out of reach for Hamilton in the WDC. A 32 point gap with just 2 races to go realistically mean Hamilton needs a pair of podiums with Perez failing to score in either of the last two races.

Speaking of Perez ... I did enjoy watching him get a lesson in race craft from Alonso.

And how about Norris? Fine drive to second after that lightning getaway in the first start. I have a feeling McLaren are getting closer to Red Bull. Question will be, can they make it a fight next season given Red Bull were able to devote all their development energy into next year's car from very early on.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Actually really enjoyed the race last night. Alonso is still class. Felt sorry for Piastri and Ricciardo getting caught up in that start mess though. Although I'm still hoping Williams can hang on to 7th place so Ricciardo missing out is fine by me, but I'd love to see him take Perez place / do a driver swap next season.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Actually really enjoyed the race last night. Alonso is still class. Felt sorry for Piastri and Ricciardo getting caught up in that start mess though. Although I'm still hoping Williams can hang on to 7th place so Ricciardo missing out is fine by me, but I'd love to see him take Perez place / do a driver swap next season.
Seen something this morning that suggests the rules might not have been followed correctly, and that Piastri and Ricciardo should have been allowed to return to the lead lap before the restart. Ricciardo in particular appeared to have the pace for points if he'd been on the lead lap.

Likewise - I'd really like to see Red Bull be ruthless (as they have so many times in the past) and put Ricciardo in the Perez seat. A car that good needs to have two quality drivers in it. perez is good, but he's inconsistent and unreliable and in that car really should be much, much closer to Verstappen's points total.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well at least they won’t run out of tyres this week…

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
If I understand correctly they’re suggesting that the cars generate such huge downforce and suction underneath the car, the manhole covers were sucked out of the track!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I understand correctly they’re suggesting that the cars generate such huge downforce and suction underneath the car, the manhole covers were sucked out of the track!
That exact thing happened before a year or two back at another street circuit.

FP2 2am - 3:30am. Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here