Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f***ing CRAP: The official post match comments thread

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
First half was crap.

Second half much better. Actually enjoyed it!

Problems:

Poor tactical decision by McGhee to play Yeats on the left in the first half. He gave Kerry very little support. And he's a bit of a lightweight and I'd put one or two of the goals down to him having been bundled off the ball.

Piercy played much much better on the left and as a result the team played better. Should be given a decent run in the team.

Rehman. WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE. He continued where he left off before returning to Fulham. Absolutely crap. Didn't get stuck in, didn't show any interest in the game. Why oh why did we re-sign him? It's a bloody mystery to me.

Danny is suffering a loss of form, but he's an excellent player and will come back.

Bad tactics having Kerry taking free kicks and corners on the right without having someone covering for him. Schoolboy error.

Mayo and Hart probably need to be dropped. A spell in the reserves will allow them to return to form. It has worked in the past. Use Marney or Beck on the right unless we can get another loan player. Piercy at left back?

Chippy played OK, but needs support in midfield. Is Yeates the answer there? Have my doubts.

Give McGhee a chance to turn things round. Remember the 5-0 drubbing by Palace just after Coppell arrived? And things DID get better.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Beck looks pretty good from what i have seen and its ashame he doesn't get a sniff as he looks great running at players and taking em on.:)

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
First half we were poor. Their pace troubled our back line through out the match. I thought we improved slightly as the game went on, though without ever threatening the City goal.

I think most of the team under performed. It was the first time I have watched Rehman and I thought he was particularly poor. Hinshelwood also was well below par. Although starved of service, I was impressed with the new invigorated Chris McPhee.

We certainly must play better if we are to achieve what we want this season.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
oapdodge said:
Didn't see to many predictions like that when we were top of the league earlier this season.

I have been consistent with this, it's just that you see what you want to see.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wouldn't say the second half was much better just marginally less crap. I am not going to put up with shite and that does not mean I am be unloyal as I want the best for this club which means winning games and leagues.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
At the moment we have 11 individuals out there instead of a team.

Nobody plays for anybody any more. If anyone gets the ball they panic and kick it anywhere rather than thinking about it.

Nobody is getting into position off the ball to give us options to pass.

I may be the eternal optimist but I do feel with more training we will come right.

Good players don't suddenly become rubbish over the course of 4 weeks.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Half of last seasons team has gone or is injured, and we simply havent replaced anyone except Bobby.

Brooker, Ivar, Sidwell, Barrat, Blackwell, Rodger are all missing and none of the kids/replacements we have bought in are anywhere near up to scratch on that lot.

Jones is shit and Hart has lost it and Watson, who was a key player last time we went up has gone right up his own arsehole and has been replaced by hinsh who could find a striped shirt all afternoon.

The result means we have no width whatsoever which has ruined the teams shape. Mcghee needs to bring in some EXPERIANCED fresh blood or we could seriously be looking over our shoulders at the drop zone by January!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'm not sure we've even replaced Bobby. Leon is a great striker but a completely different one to Bobby. Firstly he's not quite as scary for defenders and secondly he doesn't hold the ball up like Bobby used to. Hopefully as McPhee gains confidence and experience he'll be able to help perform this role.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
No - that's Hammond - who's spell has now expired (but Orient want him to extend.

Decision time for Mr McGhee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here