Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F.A.O - Albion fans who whinge and moan about swearing, standing & passion.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If you think the people around you are boring, why not ask the ticket office to move you?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Personally, and seeing as being a cook is a hobby of mine, I like my eggs fried, with eggy toast, lashings of brown sauce served with a mug of piping steaming hot tea!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Byf the problem with trying to play the superfan is that some of those you are moaning about have likely been going far longer and more frequently than you have, so chill. Besides there are times in games where it is just better to sit and watch what is happening and see how a game is going to pan out, whilst there are also times to shout and scream and get behind the team.

Incidentally from the teams perspective, which do you think is a better motivator for the players, one bloke shouting "oh ref your a C***!" or several thousand chanting "you don't know what you're doing"?

What is this superfan nonsence, fans are whining about people standing in SUPPORT of the team, moaning about shouting in support, then the same people are getting others removed, this for me is not acceptable.

If i'm the only one who doesnt like the direction things are going in the stands then so be it, but that is my opinion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What is this superfan nonsence, fans are whining about people standing in SUPPORT of the team, moaning about shouting in support, then the same people are getting others removed, this for me is not acceptable.

If i'm the only one who doesnt like the direction things are going in the stands then so be it, but that is my opinion.

Take your complaint to the club then and stop whining on here.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Take your complaint to the club then and stop whining on here.

Isnt this a fans forum?

We dont all have to write about strikers that are linked and could do a job.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Surely if you want the sort of atmosphere you are after you go to the North Stand? It was well known what the different stands would offer

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You question what i'm on about and the breath earlier are telling me to support our biggest rivals, good sensible suggestion and a great constructed argument.

So you admit you dont have the same passion for the albion & growing up to you clearly means lacking passion for football as you've so clearly described. That I think is a sad tale and I hope I've not lost that edge when im 40+.

Who's ramming the super fan thing, I think you will clearly see the road were going down, just because you dont care how silent the ground is or whether people dont really care what the score is only your opinion just like mine is mine.

Difference is, I havent called you a ****, luckily I take your stance in regards to not caring and it not affecting my life what you think of my opinion.

You are the one spouting of about being a better fan because you stand and swear. Plenty of people know when to stand and when to sit, when to chant or when to mouth off am expletive. However, I assume you are taking issue following the thread of the guys getting thrown out. If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have noticed from the poster that witnessed the event that they got thrown out for swearing at a fellow fan rather than for standing up and swearing at the ref or the opposition.

The problem with morons like you is that you see it as a black and white issue. Either you stand for 90 minutes and swear and chant the whole time or you sit and are quiet for the whole 90 minutes. The fact of the matter is the vast majority fall in the middle of this. There is no problem with the atmosphere in the WSU and as far as I am aware, nobody stands for the entire 90 minutes and nobody swears for the whole game aswell.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
swearing, standing and passion are all very seperate things and you'd have to be an absolute tool to think that without one of them you cannot support your team.

Sit down and shout your mouth off all you want but remember that some people were brought up rather than dragged up so will object to your foul mouth and loutish manner

Absolutely correct. Yelling F & C words in the ears of children shows an appalling lack of class, kindness and intelligence and contributes nothing to anyone's credentials as a fan.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As someone that suffers quite crippling sciatica at times and especially in cold weather I don't want people in a sitting stand to be standing up in front of me obscuring my view from the game. That is not what a sitting stand is for! I don't need to see fans 'proving' they have passion by getting in my way. I, and about 15 around me always shout at them to sit down when there is no reason to be standing up, and we are totally in our right to do so. We also sing albeit jokingly at those leaving early with the well tried and tested fire drill song, but it's banter not anger. I would say 99.9% of the crowd feel no reason to prove their support. I sing as loud as the next person in my seat, but having such a fantastic view in Row U I think, in the west stand also makes the view of play quite compelling and I sometimes go into 10 minute periods where I just watch the play unfold.

What I don't like is people coming on here to moan and whinge about how everyone should behave. But believe me, in my ever increasing age and with my back condition I will certainly tell people to sit down when it is uneccesary to stand up, and if it is not heeded I would certainly have a word in the stewards ears. Certainly is a fans forum, but stop trying to tell everyone how to behave, you look like a plum.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You are the one spouting of about being a better fan because you stand and swear. Plenty of people know when to stand and when to sit, when to chant or when to mouth off am expletive. However, I assume you are taking issue following the thread of the guys getting thrown out. If you had taken the time to read the thread you would have noticed from the poster that witnessed the event that they got thrown out for swearing at a fellow fan rather than for standing up and swearing at the ref or the opposition.

The problem with morons like you is that you see it as a black and white issue. Either you stand for 90 minutes and swear and chant the whole time or you sit and are quiet for the whole 90 minutes. The fact of the matter is the vast majority fall in the middle of this. There is no problem with the atmosphere in the WSU and as far as I am aware, nobody stands for the entire 90 minutes and nobody swears for the whole game aswell.

Im a moron aswell, beautiful!

Passion my freind, passion. It's lacking in about 50% of our fans.

I suggest we get the moaners thrown out, I suggest if you dont make a noise or contribute for 90 minutes and get behind the side, then you get dinged out. "Dear Insider, the guy in row X doesn sing or contibute, he also leaves early,I'd like to make an official complaint as this guy is clearly a tool of the highest order and spends his weekends wan*ing over his 100 foot train set he has erected around his garden" Please BAN him.

byf, I apologise for calling you a **** because reading the post again it is now apparent that you've made the old mistake of leaving yourself logged on at work and been called away, so to the 'hilairious' colleague of yours (an AFCB fan, or god forbid, Saints) you've been rumbled, don't make him look like a twat any further, the jokes up, hat's off to you, have a great season!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You will always get disagreements both in the stands and on a board such as this. Its all about respect and compromise, if a person gets offended by certain words or actions, then try and compromise. Yes you are at football and pay for your ticket, but so has the geezer complaining about your behaviour. I like a swear and a shout as much as the next man, but there is a lady that sits two seats away, and I try not to use certain words around her. But I get excited, annoyed and every other emotion that every fan goes through over the course of 90 mins. Try and be considerate and see both views.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
byf, I apologise for calling you a **** because reading the post again it is now apparent that you've made the old mistake of leaving yourself logged on at work and been called away, so to the 'hilairious' colleague of yours (an AFCB fan, or god forbid, Saints) you've been rumbled, don't make him look like a twat any further, the jokes up, hat's off to you, have a great season!

I live in West Sussex pal, that just hasnt been updated from 3 years ago.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well, hurrah for the other 50% - the vast majority of whom don't spend their time screaming abuse and swearing for 90 minutes.

The passion is not lacking, it's just expressed in different ways.

Neither do I shout abuse for 90 minutes like some animal, I look around and see the blank expressions on peoples faces, no passion with nothing there baring a pulse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here