Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F.A.O - Albion fans who whinge and moan about swearing, standing & passion.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Originally posted by byf
"I'm so so bored of reading thread after thread of moaning about fans "

so are we.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would be a very odd group of 20,000 people indeed who all acted in exactly the same way. It certainly never used to be like that at the Goldstone. I used to hate that dark and silent stand with a vengeance for not making any kind of noise at all. But heigh-ho, each to their own. The fact that anyone has made a financial commitment to support the club is enough. At least on one level. What they do beyond that is entirely up to them shirley? :shrug:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
If general sale tickets were available in the North Stand or the West Upper, i don't think we'd be getting so much of this. The West Lower seems to be a mix of old duffers who haven't been for years (and it's great they are coming along, by the way - not complaining) and people buying one-off match tickets - who seemingly are likely to be younger, drunker, louder, and wanting to stand and sing etc (not complaining about these guys either). This is always going to create problems.

Every ground in the country has a mix of fans - perhaps an old boys section over in the east stand might help, where standing, even for goals, is not really welcomed. That might help the old boys to see the game properly (and yes we will all be old duffers one day, i know if i was an old duffer i would want to be able to see the game)... and ensure everybody else gets to enjoy the afternoon with the threat of being kicked out and banned?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
We all need to settle down on here and stick to debating what's happening on the pitch.

All these fan v fan threads are pointless and just make this board orgasmic reading for Palace fans - I don't know why any Albion fan would want to keep cheering up our rivals at our own expense??

SeagullBT

Sep 7, 2011
I have never exchanged ‘words’ with a fellow Brighton fan at Goldstone, Withdean or the Amex but this site is getting silly now.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I think a lot of these problems with different type of supporters sitting/standing together is down to the new Stadium. It will take a natural amount of time for supporters to find an area of the Stadium that suits the type of Supporter they are. The North Stand NEEDS increasing!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
what you talking about? the family section is as loud as block H ever was

Never was in H block but the family stand is certainly louder than charlie mouse from bagpuss singing "we will fix it, we will mend it" through a loud speaker.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Swear and stand up as much as you like, but not in the East Stand thankyou, I chose my ticket there for a reason, so my 9 year olds ears are not hit with a barrage of bad language for 90 mins and that he will be able to see the game as generally the fans remain in there seats and have some respect for the younger fans watching the game around them.

Jan 30, 2008
not enough people banned? what the f*** are you wittering on about? I must admit I once had 'passion for The Albion' in a similar way you describe it, but that was when I was about 15, unfortunately in 1981 we didn't have Internet message boards so I never got the opportunity to ram my 'greatest Brighton fan on earth' act down peoples throats. Now i'm a grown up I don't give a shit how other people spend their money or time as long as it doesn't infringe in my life in anyway, and people who don't sing, leave early or fart under the covers don't effect my life one bit.
hark at this one talking from his comfort zone .

Jan 30, 2008
As someone that suffers quite crippling sciatica at times and especially in cold weather I don't want people in a sitting stand to be standing up in front of me obscuring my view from the game. That is not what a sitting stand is for! I don't need to see fans 'proving' they have passion by getting in my way. I, and about 15 around me always shout at them to sit down when there is no reason to be standing up, and we are totally in our right to do so. We also sing albeit jokingly at those leaving early with the well tried and tested fire drill song, but it's banter not anger. I would say 99.9% of the crowd feel no reason to prove their support. I sing as loud as the next person in my seat, but having such a fantastic view in Row U I think, in the west stand also makes the view of play quite compelling and I sometimes go into 10 minute periods where I just watch the play unfold.

What I don't like is people coming on here to moan and whinge about how everyone should behave. But believe me, in my ever increasing age and with my back condition I will certainly tell people to sit down when it is uneccesary to stand up, and if it is not heeded I would certainly have a word in the stewards ears. Certainly is a fans forum, but stop trying to tell everyone how to behave, you look like a plum.
oh the irony , sitting for prolonged periods in the cold is really going to do that sciatica the world of good , nothing better than getting up to stretch those legs :thumbsup:

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Swear and stand up as much as you like, but not in the East Stand thankyou, I chose my ticket there for a reason, so my 9 year olds ears are not hit with a barrage of bad language for 90 mins and that he will be able to see the game as generally the fans remain in there seats and have some respect for the younger fans watching the game around them.

Marshy, have to agree with you here. I chose the East as well so that my 9 yr old daughter could see the game. These young fans are the future of the club.
I'm as passionate as the next man and have been supporting The Albion for 40 yrs, now it's time to get my daughter involved, not scare her off !

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh and now you've been brought up wrong if you swear at a football match, do you turn your halo voltage down when you get in the ground mate?

I understand what you're saying to a point, but when you've got kids under 10 at a match it can get on your nerves when someone in front is CONSTANTLY standing , and they miss a lot of the game.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
When will you "Moaning about older fans" fans wise up? if it was not for them, this club would've died at Gillingham. Now that maybe they find things like standing difficult and don't stand and jump about, does not mean they have lost the passion for the club,when you younger ones get older you will understand what it is like to have a someone stand up in front of you ,they have paid their money....and put more money into the club then you have...just for once,think about the PEOPLE BEHIND YOU. I do not mind swearing...after 12 years in the navy I'm used to it but think about kids in earshot of you...if someone said c**t in front of your daughter or son,you would not be happy.We all have passion for this club otherwise we would not be attending but please do not think you are the most passionate fan ever,We have all done that,over the years I have spent thousands on BHA and will continue to do so,so lets go forwar45d together!! I'll probably get slagged off for this....do I care?...Yes" for the Albion"!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
When will you "Moaning about older fans" fans wise up? if it was not for them, this club would've died at Gillingham. Now that maybe they find things like standing difficult and don't stand and jump about, does not mean they have lost the passion for the club,when you younger ones get older you will understand what it is like to have a someone stand up in front of you ,they have paid their money....and put more money into the club then you have...just for once,think about the PEOPLE BEHIND YOU. I do not mind swearing...after 12 years in the navy I'm used to it but think about kids in earshot of you...if someone said c**t in front of your daughter or son,you would not be happy.We all have passion for this club otherwise we would not be attending but please do not think you are the most passionate fan ever,We have all done that,over the years I have spent thousands on BHA and will continue to do so,so lets go forwar45d together!! I'll probably get slagged off for this....do I care?...Yes" for the Albion"!!

You wont get slagged off from me anyway because I was probably (if not certainly) the oik referred to in the opening post, ie the geezer who submitted a question on Ask The Club. That, I did not do specifically on the back of my own experience but rather because there had been a large number of posts on the subject by NSC members.

My specific point, and I don't personally mind all the others, was about standing, which I do, but FFS as I said in that post, not just because the Albion have have got possession in 'our' own penalty area.

The club was absolutely clear on their non tolerance of standing generally although they conceded to the rear rows of the North Stand. Now, as I stated in that post, I will be the quickest to my feet (despite the arthritis) if we look like getting into a scoring position but !!!

I just wanted to make clear my own thought before others look to see who it was etc., it was posted on behalf of the many.

Best

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here