Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F.A.O - Albion fans who whinge and moan about swearing, standing & passion.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Get a grip, grow a pair and wake up and realise that fans get passionate, fans care and fans like to get involved, if your idea of supporting the side is sitting there chained in your seat from 2.45 until 4.35pm (when you leave early) in total silence unless we score then wake up. Lets not forget the head shaking if anyone dare move or shout around you, your not in a fcuking library, YOUR AT THE FOOTBALL!!

I'm so so bored of reading thread after thread of moaning about fans standing (even moaning direct to insider & im sure emailing the club direct), people getting thrown out for supporting their team and fans putting there fingers in there ears in total disbelief that they heard the word cun*, oh shock horror, dear lord where have you people been living, in a dark room?

Who do you people think you are, what are you trying to create, because to me it seems that if you hear persistant swearing then you get someone removed, someone who could in theory have supported this fine club for 30 years, some fans turn up as we built a new stadium and because they take offence, they get a good fan thrown out and never being able to return, fair is it?

What's the club doing to protect the fans who do get a little edgy during a game, what are they doing to understand that fans do get lively, do have a swear, do jump up and down and get animated over a corner or a throw in close to the opposition box??

I suggest we get the moaners thrown out, I suggest if you dont make a noise or contribute for 90 minutes and get behind the side, then you get dinged out. "Dear Insider, the guy in row X doesn sing or contibute, he also leaves early,I'd like to make an official complaint as this guy is clearly a tool of the highest order and spends his weekends wan*ing over his 100 foot train set he has erected around his garden" Please BAN him.

Now swearing around kids is wrong and i'm sure we all wind it in when around them, but im generally getting embarrassed being a fan of this club. More and more stories of banning are coming up, Banning someone for swearing, standing, shouting, parking in the wrong place, what are these people and the club trying to create, because whatever it is, I dont like it one little bit.

Clearly there are isolated incidents of anti social behaviour and not every case of someone being thrown out is clear cut and unfair but lets be realistic here, we all pay a lot of money to watch this football club, we should be able to all enjoy it together without this nonsence happening. If this persists then the club needs to come up with a suitable plan of action that doesnt end up in, may aswell just throw him out as we recieved a complaint.

How about creating a no singing, no standing, no swearing, half time bovril drinking, early leavers stand, where you sneak in at 2.55pm un-noticed and edge away 10 minutes from the end, we could even call it the Shhhhh end!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

We get it. A nasty steward told you off, now you have to have a go whenever you can.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Well, I thought it was a good post.

Some years ago, in the old south stand at the goldstone, some guy told me to stop shouting, ffs!!!
I politely reminded him that he was at a football match and not in a public library.
A few old boys sitting behind me couldn't believe what he'd said and when he took his seat at the start of the 2nd half, they made sure they hollered right in his ear.
I think it was against Barnet and we were 2-1 down with about 15 minutes to go and he got up and left..... and missed both of our goals.
Never did see him again.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
swearing, standing and passion are all very seperate things and you'd have to be an absolute tool to think that without one of them you cannot support your team.

Sit down and shout your mouth off all you want but remember that some people were brought up rather than dragged up so will object to your foul mouth and loutish manner

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
you sound like a complete toss pot, If you're that 'embarassed' f*** off to Palace, they need all the support they can get, even a moaning **** like you

Haha oh I am mate, I'm the biggest toss pot around, havent you heard?

That certainly wouldnt make me want to go support our biggest rivals, get real would you pal.

Thing is, I'm a toss pot who supports the team for 90 minutes, gets behind then even when were losing, shouts, swears and gets passionate, Shock horror I even stay to the end.

Whats the matter Dr, not enough people banned for your liking.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, I thought it was a good post.

Some years ago, in the old south stand at the goldstone, some guy told me to stop shouting, ffs!!!
I politely reminded him that he was at a football match and not in a public library.
A few old boys sitting behind me couldn't believe what he'd said and when he took his seat at the start of the 2nd half, they made sure they hollered right in his ear.
I think it was against Barnet and we were 2-1 down with about 15 minutes to go and he got up and left..... and missed both of our goals.
Never did see him again.

And there is nothing wrong with your post. It's just this constant whining of late that is becoming such a bore, you have merely told a tale.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
swearing, standing and passion are all very seperate things and you'd have to be an absolute tool to think that without one of them you cannot support your team.

Sit down and shout your mouth off all you want but remember that some people were brought up rather than dragged up so will object to your foul mouth and loutish manner

Oh and now you've been brought up wrong if you swear at a football match, do you turn your halo voltage down when you get in the ground mate?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A few well-chosen expletives here and there all add to the atmosphere.

A constant barrage swearing at the top of your voice with every other utterance only makes one look a bit of an air-headed twat with nothing really to say, and frankly in need of some good strong nannying. That's not passion, it's childish attention-seeking.

By all means have a good offload, but the reality is it's all about moderation and appropriateness.

Haha oh I am mate, I'm the biggest toss pot around, havent you heard?

That certainly wouldnt make me want to go support our biggest rivals, get real would you pal.

Thing is, I'm a toss pot who supports the team for 90 minutes, gets behind then even when were losing, shouts, swears and gets passionate, Shock horror I even stay to the end.

Whats the matter Dr, not enough people banned for your liking.

not enough people banned? what the f*** are you wittering on about? I must admit I once had 'passion for The Albion' in a similar way you describe it, but that was when I was about 15, unfortunately in 1981 we didn't have Internet message boards so I never got the opportunity to ram my 'greatest Brighton fan on earth' act down peoples throats. Now i'm a grown up I don't give a shit how other people spend their money or time as long as it doesn't infringe in my life in anyway, and people who don't sing, leave early or fart under the covers don't effect my life one bit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
not enough people banned? what the f*** are you wittering on about? I must admit I once had 'passion for The Albion' in a similar way you describe it, but that was when I was about 15, unfortunately in 1981 we didn't have Internet message boards so I never got the opportunity to ram my 'greatest Brighton fan on earth' act down peoples throats. Now i'm a grown up I don't give a shit how other people spend their money or time as long as it doesn't infringe in my life in anyway, and people who don't sing, leave early or fart under the covers don't effect my life one bit.

Whole heartedly agree. People pay their money into the BHAFC coffers and are entitled to leave when they want, sit quietly and take in the game, sing at the top of their voices, etc. without the NSC Gestapo like posters barking out orders to them.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Byf the problem with trying to play the superfan is that some of those you are moaning about have likely been going far longer and more frequently than you have, so chill. Besides there are times in games where it is just better to sit and watch what is happening and see how a game is going to pan out, whilst there are also times to shout and scream and get behind the team.

Incidentally from the teams perspective, which do you think is a better motivator for the players, one bloke shouting "oh ref your a C***!" or several thousand chanting "you don't know what you're doing"?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another moan at the moaners thread.

This.

I can handle the minority of people moaning and being negative in the extreme (it often makes me realise how petty my minor complaints are and makes me more positive). But the number of threads being started by people complaining about others moaning is just so disproportionate. The recent poll had over 90% of people supporting gus and his style. The overwhelming majority are happy with the club, with where we are going, and so on. Why are so many people focusing on a minority of fans? Really, this torrent of threads telling people not to moan is almost making nsc unbearable.

Are people really so insecure in their fandom that they have to convince us that they are so great that even when the club is on a winless streak they are still positive and trying to tell everyone to be positive, so that when we turn this run around (and we will) they can stand tall and say "see I told you so. all you lot were so negative but I never gave up on our team, I'm a true fan, unlike you lot!"

Also, this. Different people support the team in different ways. Not standing up doesn't mean you don't have passion. Not swearing doesn't mean you don't have passion. Not having passion for the team doesn't mean you won't stand up and swear. When I see someone standing and swearing "wow, there's a passionate fan" is the last thing on my mind.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

You question what i'm on about and the breath earlier are telling me to support our biggest rivals, good sensible suggestion and a great constructed argument.

So you admit you dont have the same passion for the albion & growing up to you clearly means lacking passion for football as you've so clearly described. That I think is a sad tale and I hope I've not lost that edge when im 40+.

Who's ramming the super fan thing, I think you will clearly see the road were going down, just because you dont care how silent the ground is or whether people dont really care what the score is only your opinion just like mine is mine.

Difference is, I havent called you a ****, luckily I take your stance in regards to not caring and it not affecting my life what you think of my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here