Extra hour and half at Selhurst!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hour and a half :lolol:

Talk about Argus sensationalism.

Sadly though people believe it and all it's going to do is add fuel to the fire.
It was over two hours when we took 6,000 for the 5-0. I got back home (about 5 miles away in Wimbledon) at 8.30pm. Horrendous day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How about just handing out life bans to the scum from both sides that get 'involved'?

As said above police 'tactics' do tend to add fuel to a smouldering fire.

So you think the police will be praised for letting people cause trouble (which will no doubt involve innocent people too) and then dishing out punishment afterwards?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So you think the police will be praised for letting people cause trouble (which will no doubt involve innocent people too) and then dishing out punishment afterwards?

Not at all, whatever the Police do they will be criticised from one side or the other. A thankless task, but more pro active policing by targeting the scum will eventually (hopefully?) get the message across, but I'm not holding my breath.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was over two hours when we took 6,000 for the 5-0. I got back home (about 5 miles away in Wimbledon) at 8.30pm. Horrendous day.

Eh ? I was at the 5-0, there's no way we were held back inside Selhurst for 2 hours +.

It was about half an hour in Selhurst, and it took ages to get back to the station once we were let out, but no way were we held back for over 2 hours.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not at all, whatever the Police do they will be criticised from one side or the other. A thankless task, but more pro active policing by targeting the scum will eventually (hopefully?) get the message across, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree it is a thankless task but I'd much rather they protected the public with slightly over-the-top tactics than let things run their course.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Eh ? I was at the 5-0, there's no way we were held back inside Selhurst for 2 hours +.

It was about half an hour in Selhurst, and it took ages to get back to the station once we were let out, but no way were we held back for over 2 hours.

We were in the ground for no longer than 20-30 mins before people started kicking the doors in, I remeber seeing the metal grates scrapping against the concrete roof and causing sparks. then once outside I was stood right next to the group of blokes who started to try pushing the meat waggon over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were in the ground for no longer than 20-30 mins before people started kicking the doors in, I remeber seeing the metal grates scrapping against the concrete roof and causing sparks. then once outside I was stood right next to the group of blokes who started to try pushing the meat waggon over.

I remember trying to leave about half an hour before the end as we were already 3 or 4 down (would have been the only time I had EVER left before the final whistle), but the bastards wouldn't let us out.

Like you, I recall it being about half an hour after the final whistle before getting out of the ground, although whether they let us out or we forced our way out I honestly don't recall, probably still too traumatised to have any detailed memory of it.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

This is exactly how I remember it.

Can't see how they can hold everyone for 2 hours? Must be against our human rights!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I hope the Amex staff keep back the fans watching the Beam Back as well for 90 mins...seems only fair :)

With lots of us getting there early for the Wet Spam/Chelski game anyway, what's another 90 minutes? Might as well take a sleeping bag. :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

This time we're only taking 2,600 though. I don't see why they don't let us out first. Half of us seem desperate to get out of the Amex at 85 mins after all. They should just keep Palace in for twenty minutes afterwards and let all the Albion go, making sure nobody hangs around and getting everyone gone by the time Palace get out. Surely that makes more sense? Keeping the away team in is ridiculous.

Also, how is this different to last year? We didn't get kept in last year, and I thought the Met handled it all pretty well.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I really fear for the fans who normally like to get away on the 85th minute it'll be like torture to them to watch the whole 95 minutes plus an extra hour possibly :)

Zampanò

Jan 8, 2011
This time we're only taking 2,600 though. I don't see why they don't let us out first. Half of us seem desperate to get out of the Amex at 85 mins after all. They should just keep Palace in for twenty minutes afterwards and let all the Albion go, making sure nobody hangs around and getting everyone gone by the time Palace get out. Surely that makes more sense? Keeping the away team in is ridiculous.

Also, how is this different to last year? We didn't get kept in last year, and I thought the Met handled it all pretty well.

So many of your comments refer to people leaving early. You're so f***ing boring.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have timed a family visit to Amsterdam to coincide with palarse away as we have no desire to be treated like animals because of the few mindless hooligans on both sides who are determined to cause trouble. Whatever the result there will be precious little enjoyment to be had from attending this game. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports