Extra hour and half at Selhurst!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
If we're held in for a hour and a half it doesn't matter what the result is there will be damage...

Well that wouldn't be very bright would it! After all that that would mean is your beloved Amex will incur worse in the return fixture. Besides last year they kept the home fans in & seperated us a 10' steel floodlite wall with loads of mounted riot police. All that because of the Brighton game was marred by bottles & glasses being thrown at the Palace fans before the game. It's not the 1970's anymore, it's not some football factory type book, it's not a green street hobbit movie, it's just a game of football. One team may win, one may lose, it maybe a boring draw. It would be nice if the stands were mixed, without 'sterile' areas and we all went there to support our team (whoever they are) & went home peacefully after. Without the violence or threat of it each of the teams would be better off as each would sell more tickets & not be delayed going home.

Saying that I hope your team suffer a good kicking on the pitch, score wise that is :p

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It would be nice if the stands were mixed, without 'sterile' areas and we all went there to support our team (whoever they are)

With all due respect, absolute bollocks. If you think that then you really don't get what football is about. It's tribal, it's about loving your club and a pantomime hate of everyone else. The rivalries make the atmosphere, as do the chants and the feeling of belonging to something special. Almost all football matches pass off peacefully anyway without some vomit-inducing love-in.

Plus, when it comes to Brighton v Palace, I don't even want to breath the same air as you on that day, let alone stand next to some Palace fan and take part in some light-hearted joshing, perhaps a bit of hand holding and maybe even a peck on the cheek, exchange of phone numbers and a promise to keep in touch. Seriously - if you think all fans should be mixed then go watch rugby. Football's not for you.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
With all due respect, absolute bollocks. If you think that then you really don't get what football is about. It's tribal, it's about loving your club and a pantomime hate of everyone else. The rivalries make the atmosphere, as do the chants and the feeling of belonging to something special. Almost all football matches pass off peacefully anyway without some vomit-inducing love-in.

Plus, when it comes to Brighton v Palace, I don't even want to breath the same air as you on that day, let alone stand next to some Palace fan and take part in some light-hearted joshing, perhaps a bit of hand holding and maybe even a peck on the cheek, exchange of phone numbers and a promise to keep in touch. Seriously - if you think all fans should be mixed then go watch rugby. Football's not for you.

Yeah, I concede, your probably right, I'd quite happily give some weed a kicking, I was just trying to be 'sensible'. Ironically when I was a kid I used to sit on the wall at Whitehorse Lane end (the then away end) which was mixed. What I hate is the 'sterile' area that the police insist on. It means each high profile game, Brighton, Millwall, Leeds etc the Palace fans in the stand have to be moved & despite the fact that those matches would sell out they can't, lose of revenue plus less tickets for the away fans. Anyway 6 days to go boys, get ready for the worst defeat you are going to get all season...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Yeah, I concede, your probably right, I'd quite happily give some weed a kicking, I was just trying to be 'sensible'. Ironically when I was a kid I used to sit on the wall at Whitehorse Lane end (the then away end) which was mixed. What I hate is the 'sterile' area that the police insist on. It means each high profile game, Brighton, Millwall, Leeds etc the Palace fans in the stand have to be moved & despite the fact that those matches would sell out they can't, lose of revenue plus less tickets for the away fans. Anyway 6 days to go boys, get ready for the worst defeat you are going to get all season...

Home fans being moved and the sterile area aren't the reasons why you can't sell out..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports