Extra hour and half at Selhurst!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Argus reporting the MET may keep us in an extra hour and a half after the game! Hope we win as that will be some hour and half! :bigwave:. Surely thats a bit extreme!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
A few seasons ago Brighton fans were effectively kettled for a long while in the road behind the away stand. Patience eventually ran thin and things started to kick off with the Police. Not condoning this in any way but it does seem extraordinary how little imagination the Police have when dealing with these situations. Too often the Police manage to create tension rather than prevent it.
3000 people being kettled for an hour and a half will not end well.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Presumably if the atmosphere is hostile and one team is getting battered, they will keep us in longer. Hopefully we will batter them and we can party after!:thumbsup: Do they keep the bars open after the game!???:facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Best take a bog roll or 2 just in case

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Tit for tat you may say, but.....

I hope we return the favour after the reverse fixture at The Amex and keep them locked in.

For me it only enflames the situation, gives the pikeys an hour and a half of drinking nearby after the game in preparation for any potential flare ups.

God I hope we smash them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's no way any set of fans would be kept back anything like that long, its scaremongering bobbins.
Keeping fans back any longer than half an hour tops would do nothing but incite frayed tempers and aggravation.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hour and a half :lolol:

Talk about Argus sensationalism.

Sadly though people believe it and all it's going to do is add fuel to the fire.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tit for tat you may say, but.....

I hope we return the favour after the reverse fixture at The Amex and keep them locked in.

For me it only enflames the situation, gives the pikeys an hour and a half of drinking nearby after the game in preparation for any potential flare ups.

God I hope we smash them.

Yes and don't allow the to come up West street/Queens road again-straight to the ground this time and after the game straight back to London-after a being locked in for an hour

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Farcical no doubt just a ploy to obtain overtime payments. Still the palace players warm down will be fun

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There's no way any set of fans would be kept back anything like that long, its scaremongering bobbins.
Keeping fans back any longer than half an hour tops would do nothing but incite frayed tempers and aggravation.

Disagree. I reckon it'll be at least two hours as it has been previously on a Saturday, hence.I'm going to the amex.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely all they need is a giant wooden HORSE that will hold 5000 people.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

And legal action!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see them letting us have a fire. Not unless it's really cold anyway.

I've heard there is plenty of rotten timber in the Arthur Wait stand :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Kettling (also known as containment or corralling) is a police tactic for controlling large crowds during demonstrations or protests.

At Selhurst it won't be a protest, or demonstration, it will be a game of football, that sadly will attract some undesirable elements (pathetic morons). The Police will be doing no such thing as kettling, they will be endevouring to ensure our safety by stopping us leaving the area/ground at the same time as the Palace supporters.

It's called common sense really, in light of some of the likely behaviour of some of those present (on both sides). If the police let everyone out at the same time there is a high likelehood of trouble, and would almost certainly mean decent, civilised supporters being in the middle of it.

Until the people who cause this sort of problem, and perpetuate it year on year are either eradicated, or they grow up, this is going to happen every time. Why is it that we can leave games at pretty much every other ground in the country and mingle in with the opposition supporters with barely an incident, yet for this game we are stuck in a time warp?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports