[Albion] Extra 500 Boro tickets already available

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thank **** for that you self-righteous cockmunch. McDonald's didn't need you for the breakfast shift?

Don't be a twatt all your life. Have a day off.

Big Mac sir? You angry little man.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
am a season ticket holder and have been to no away games this season as I have a new baby. I purchased my ticket on 4th April with no issue.

Lucky you. Other people who, for whatever reason, couldn't purchase at that time missed out. You want a medal?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've no problem with those that go most often being first in the queue for big games but the club may (or may not, I don't know) as it becomes self perpetuating. In other words those who attend most games are first in the queue to attend more game and therefore get to go to even more games. It becomes harder when people want to take their kids or youngsters who have gone at home a lot want to start going to aways. I started going away by myself when I was 15. It was in the mid 80s and I just turned up and paid on the gate. That's generally not possible for big away days now and certainly won't be if we go up. I think the club might want to consider the needs of the loyal hardcore balanced with the needs of younger fans in order to keep a sustainable fan base.

Or in other words... I never really fancied Blackburn, Preston, Yeovil or Bristol City but as it could be Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd I am now interested and the system is unfair?

That is how it will be perceived... It is only fair that the loyalty point system is kept and I am sure there will always be enough tickets to go around for people to start going to away games.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, the tickets were on sale through the website before 9am. A friend managed to bag 5 for his son and friends at 8.40am whilst I was still on the train into London. Not happy.

Krengelan

Oct 29, 2013
No sympathy I'm afraid.

Tickets were on sale a long time ago, if you needed the Fulham and QPR performances / results to push you into getting a ticket at this late stage, then you don't deserve to be there IMO.

We went to Boro last year, cant remember they sold out then. Lol Can't wait to go there again

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I also logged in before 9am and missed out.

Entered queue facility at 8.56, was on club site at 8.57 and couldn't access screen - picture Bozza posted didn't appear like that on my screen. Was greyed out where his showed 'buy'. Continued trying including logging off and on again to see if in eradicated any glitches but same result. Then after another couple of refreshes it told me sold out at some time around 9.10.

****ing fuming. Missed initial batch as waiting on a decision from a friend, then system was down when I proceeded (when tickets were still available). Couldn't get on for two hours then had no access to Internet til evening, by which time it had sold out. Now today's fiasco. Had to screw clients around to be available this morning too. ****ety ****ing ****!!!!!!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
They were opened up at 8.56am, not 8.40am. This is exactly the same time (4 minutes early) as the Charlton tickets went up. I guess their system clock is just a tad ahead, that's all.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Lots of people missed out first time around. And others, like me, couldn't commit back then as going means a major reshuffle of plans, seriously pissing off a long-standing client and foregoing work to the tune of hundreds of pounds (before I'd even have got started on the price of tickets and travel). But I'm sure you're a far more committed fan than me so thanks for the opinion.

Well said. Gloating twats are an ugly breed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So, the tickets were on sale through the website before 9am. A friend managed to bag 5 for his son and friends at 8.40am whilst I was still on the train into London. Not happy.

I am afraid sir that is bullshit. They were however available from 8.54am

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They were opened up at 8.56am, not 8.40am. This is exactly the same time (4 minutes early) as the Charlton tickets went up. I guess their system clock is just a tad ahead, that's all.

Not what I have heard from a very reliable friend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I suppose the real question is did anyone who is an away regular and a season ticket holder miss out?

If so they either weren't geared up to buy in the initial allocation or were unlucky today.

I do however think the club could have used the full loyalty points system better in this case.

I'm sure in previous seasons for big matches they split the season ticket holder categories between 1050 and 1400 in regular intervals so that a season ticket holder who went to more away games got a short period ahead of one that didn't. Surprised they didn't do the same here with the initial allocation at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports