Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Extra 500 Boro tickets already available

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out of interest, why did Middlesbrough not release these tickets with the original batch? It doesn't make any sense given that they could have sold them to home fans or away fans...

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Not many coming on here saying they got tickets this morning and not been put on ticket news that it has sold out.

I got 3, but I think most people who have been lucky enough to get some are keeping their heads down - lots of angry people on here today!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree with this. I thought the whole point of the loyalty points scheme was exactly for games like this and yet they decided to go from a level of points with maybe 4,000 in it to one with 23,000 in it. Surely true could have staggered it through the points system a little better than that?

That said I have my ticket anyway as bought when first came out which everyone had the chance to do.

The loyalty points system was used and they didn't sell out the original 2k until about 30 mins after they went on general sale to STHs. Anyone with >1050 points had a full 48 hours to get themselves a ticket ahead of the general sale rush a couple of weeks ago. I know this because, due to POTGing too often, I only had 1030 points and had to wait.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
any chance another 500 will be available? we would obviously sell out again pretty quick!!

im assuming boro keep releasing as they struggle to sell their own?

I don't think so; Boro have sold out as far as I know. The extra 500 has apparently come from reduced segregation in the seats and has been allocated to away fans due to concourse segregation practicalities.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think I've made my 'opinion' clear.

The very point of a discussion forum, a cross section of 'opinions'

Once again, every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity to purchase tickets for this game, those who's circumstances have changed I have genuine sympathy for, those that decided to leave it and make a decision nearer the time or off the back of the Fulham and QPR games I have little sympathy for and in my 'opinion' can't complain about being unable to get tickets at this late stage.

On that note I'm off to work.

Avoiding the issue again. The word you used was 'deserve'.

You are making an art out of being obtuse.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Presumably there will be no free pint as there has been at the Riverside the last two visits?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have a decent enough amount of loyalty points, but nowhere near as many as others. I do think that the loyalty points system needs looking at, to reward those that do go to the most games - even though this would put my own chances of getting tickets more in jeopardy, as at the mo I'm probably lumped in with people that have gone to a lot more away games than me this season, yet I get the same on sale dates.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't think so; Boro have sold out as far as I know. The extra 500 has apparently come from reduced segregation in the seats and has been allocated to away fans due to concourse segregation practicalities.

I guess it's actually pretty decent of Boro to give us these 500 (500 more voices to cheer the lads on against their fans), they could have easily kept them for home fans.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess it's actually pretty decent of Boro to give us these 500 (500 more voices to cheer the lads on against their fans), they could have easily kept them for home fans.

I don't think that they could've given them to the home fans due to segregation issue behind the stands - concourses, turnstiles etc. However, it is still very decent of them to enable an extra 500 fans cheering us on; the extra income is a drop in the ocean compared to their spending this season.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Hardly. I think a lot of people actually play things game by game and have lives to sort out with families etc. If I just booked all the away games I wanted and also enjoyed the pleasure of my season ticket then I doubt I'd be particularly welcome home by Mrs Hamilton. It's not as simple as you make out.

I appreciate this, but its been clear for a while that this could be the biggest game in the clubs history?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have a decent enough amount of loyalty points, but nowhere near as many as others. I do think that the loyalty points system needs looking at, to reward those that do go to the most games - even though this would put my own chances of getting tickets more in jeopardy, as at the mo I'm probably lumped in with people that have gone to a lot more away games than me this season, yet I get the same on sale dates.

I've no problem with those that go most often being first in the queue for big games but the club may (or may not, I don't know) as it becomes self perpetuating. In other words those who attend most games are first in the queue to attend more game and therefore get to go to even more games. It becomes harder when people want to take their kids or youngsters who have gone at home a lot want to start going to aways. I started going away by myself when I was 15. It was in the mid 80s and I just turned up and paid on the gate. That's generally not possible for big away days now and certainly won't be if we go up. I think the club might want to consider the needs of the loyal hardcore balanced with the needs of younger fans in order to keep a sustainable fan base.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Got mine just before 9.00, was a little strange as originally it said not enough allocation but then I managed to basket 2 out of the 4 I was trying to get.
Still better than nothing, night on the piss oop north it is !

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I was online at 08:56, and had three tickets in my basket, but it did not complete.

I then got on the phone and was number 24 in the queue.....when I spoke to an operator to find they had none left, I asked how many people did they have on the phones. He said 6 at the ticket office but had also
had a call centre in Manchester dealing...hence I guess why they sold out in 2 minutes!...

I was online at 08:56, and had three tickets in my basket, but it did not complete.

I then got on the phone and was number 24 in the queue.....when I spoke to an operator to find they had none left, I asked how many people did they have on the phones. He said 6 at the ticket office but had also
had a call centre in Manchester dealing...hence I guess why they sold out in 2 minutes!...

Really. They were not due to be sold over the phone until 2pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here